Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

The straddling bus, the bus that drives over traffic

technology transportation science electric

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

sirhotalot

sirhotalot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
http://www.chinahush...ive-to-commute/

Posted Image

Proposed by Shenzhen Hashi Future Parking Equipment Co., Ltd, the model looks like a subway or light-rail train bestriding the road. It is 4-4.5 m high with two levels: passengers board on the upper level while other vehicles lower than 2 m can go through under. Powered by electricity and solar energy, the bus can speed up to 60 km/h carrying 1200-1400 passengers at a time without blocking other vehicles’ way. Also it costs about 500 million yuan to build the bus and a 40-km-long path for it, only 10% of building equivalent subway. It is said that the bus can reduce traffic jams by 20-30%.

The bus can save up to 860 ton of fuel per year, reducing 2,640 ton of carbon emission. Presently we have passed the first stage demonstration and will get through all of the technical invalidation by the end of August. Beijing’s Mentougou District is carrying out a eco-community project, it has already planned out 186 km for our straddling bus. Construction will begin at year end.

Logically Irrational

Logically Irrational

For Lack of a Better Name

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts
  • LocationHoover Dam
This seems like turning would be a huge problem. If It's in a city and turning a lot, cars would never have time to get under the bus. Since the other cars will be forced in front or behind, it would more or less defeat the purpose of a straddling bus right?
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!

Shimmy

Shimmy

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts
Yea, it would only make sense on completely straight roads, and I imagine it would increase accidents a lot. Cars will be changing lanes in slow/stationary traffic and then this thing speeds through at 60km/h? But admittedly China have never really cared about road safety.

Prolite

Prolite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts
This thing is a disaster just waiting to happen.
I'm a business man, that's all you need to know about me.

sirhotalot

sirhotalot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
It can turn just fine, it's jointed.

This thing is a disaster just waiting to happen.

We'll see.

Prolite

Prolite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts
The only application for this is for trains. Instead of having a train track split to the side so another train can pass and go to another line, just simple have one train go over the top of the other.
I'm a business man, that's all you need to know about me.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: technology, transportation, science, electric

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users