Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

Your 2015 Predictions

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

Kemotx

Kemotx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • LocationWrocław

Then Yuli Ban will add one last prediction.
There will be total war in Ukraine. Bombs, probably even a nuke or two, foot soldiers rushing in...
And then Russia will face open revolt. The ruble collapses completely, but this may come before the invasion. Oil prices fall to single digit amounts. China abandons Russia in their time of need.
If the US doesn't respond (I bet we won't), I can't see it escalating. We will be avoiding nuclear war at all costs. Even if we do, logistics run against Russia.
To Russians: should war break out, run. Get away from any place where there may be a major military installation nearby.

I think that there may be a war but a stretched one, which will slowly "bite" Ukraine. Also, here are some of my 2015 predictions:

- Revolution in Poland following Civic Platform winning again. (Hopefully we will have a revolution, CP are liars.)
- Hendo Hoverboard is a major disappointment. Heavy, impossible to control, special surface....and perhaps someone dies using it.
- Ebola stopped, 20-40 thousand deaths.
- Oil price 30-10$ per barrel.
- Major problems in Ukraine, minor in Russia. This year will determine if Putin will still be popular.
- ISIS expands, but has trouble in Kurdish territories.
- Memristors and Optalysys are mentioned in media, but are still just developed.

Basically, brighter than this year, more technology and politics, a beginning of The Future®
  • Yuli Ban likes this

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,144 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda
Funny how everyone doesn't think memristor tech will come to market next year when Crossbar is launching its RRAM in about 2-3 months.
Nobody's gonna take my drone, I'm gonna fly miles far too high!
Nobody gonna beat my drone, it's gonna shoot into the sky!

sasuke2490

sasuke2490

veteran gamer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Funny how everyone doesn't think memristor tech will come to market next year when Crossbar is launching its RRAM in about 2-3 months.

Thats still 2015

https://www.instagc.com/scorch9722

Use my link for free steam wallet codes if you want

Jakob

Jakob

Fenny-Eyed Slubber-Yuck

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,236 posts
  • LocationIn the Basket of Deplorables

Thats still 2015

He said next year.

Click 'show' to see quotes from great luminaries.

Spoiler

Cosmic Cat

Cosmic Cat

Hibernating

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,345 posts
  • Location-

Cosmic Cat is going to enter his 3rd year of highschool.

Jakob

Jakob

Fenny-Eyed Slubber-Yuck

• Members
  • 5,236 posts

Cosmic Cat is going to enter his 3rd year of highschool.

LOL.

Spoiler

Maximus

Maximus

Spaceman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,549 posts
  • LocationCanada

There will be total war in Ukraine. Bombs, probably even a nuke or two, foot soldiers rushing in...
And then Russia will face open revolt. The ruble collapses completely, but this may come before the invasion. Oil prices fall to single digit amounts. China abandons Russia in their time of need.

If the US doesn't respond (I bet we won't), I can't see it escalating. We will be avoiding nuclear war at all costs. Even if we do, logistics run against Russia.

To Russians: should war break out, run. Get away from any place where there may be a major military installation nearby.

France, Germany (a heavily militarized and mobilized version), UK, and the rest of Nato could easily defeat Russia. Add the US in and it becomes a joke. However, with China (especially as time progresses and China overtakes the US economically and eventually militarily) as its ally, it would be much more even. 

But this is all speculation because of MAD.

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done. -Peter Ustinov

Jakob

Jakob

Fenny-Eyed Slubber-Yuck

• Members
  • 5,236 posts

France, Germany (a heavily militarized and mobilized version), UK, and the rest of Nato could easily defeat Russia. Add the US in and it becomes a joke. However, with China (especially as time progresses and China overtakes the US economically and eventually militarily) as its ally, it would be much more even. 

But this is all speculation because of MAD.

WW3?

Spoiler

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,144 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda
That's just it— China may very well choose to side with the US if they feel Russia is a liability. How does Russia become a liability? Simple— Saudi Arabia. If oil crashes to $40 or below, even for a limited time, guess who suffers— Russia. Guess who benefits— China.

Russia is so heavily dependent on oil that they can't survive on these prices for long. Oligarchs will take flight as the price drops, and the ruble performs worse and worse.
China's oil deal will become less lucrative until they're losing money from the deal.
Nobody's gonna take my drone, I'm gonna fly miles far too high!
Nobody gonna beat my drone, it's gonna shoot into the sky!

crazy359

crazy359

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Can people stop saying that china will get involved in war against the US!!!!

When is the last time china got involved in any kind of military conflict let alone war? last major war was the Sino-Vietnamese War  in 1979

china DOESNT go to war they only care about GDP growth AND they dont hate the west like russia does, and china agreed to work with the US to fight global warming so why would they go to war against them

and finally if we exclude nuclear bombs, china and russia would have a tough time against the US alone (US spend 600 B on military, russia and china combined 200 B) add the rest of NATO its a joke

(I exclude nuclear bombs cause if we start firing them we are all loser, nobody wins)

and Yuli Ban right, China will choose to side with the US if they feel Russia is a liability, they care only about themselve(and GDP growth) before anything else

PhoenixRu

PhoenixRu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationRussia

To Russians: should war break out, run.

No, sorry. Our mindset dictate us a completely different reaction.

France, Germany (a heavily militarized and mobilized version), UK, and the rest of Nato could easily defeat Russia. Add the US in and it becomes a joke.

...easily defeat Russia? Are you kidding? In any case, we will check it soon... so tells me my intuition combined with latest news from Eastern Ukraine. This war will not be ww3, this will most likely be the serious local conflict a-la Korea-1950, with Ukraine as a battlefield and with Russia and NATO as real players behind the backs of "official" belligerents. I think the chances of sides are roughly 50/50.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

"And the Russian land, let God keep it! Under heavens, there is no other land like this. And although Russian nobles are not righteous neither kind, let God arrange the Russian land and give us enough justice" - Afanasy Nikitin, medieval traveler of XV century.

Mashallah

Mashallah

Transgender student

• Members
  • 2,332 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Revolution in Russia, I hope.

I don't like being lied to, but I'm also tired of The Truth.

Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

PhoenixRu

PhoenixRu

• Members
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationRussia

You can take part in this revolution. See the "Navalny thread"...

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

"And the Russian land, let God keep it! Under heavens, there is no other land like this. And although Russian nobles are not righteous neither kind, let God arrange the Russian land and give us enough justice" - Afanasy Nikitin, medieval traveler of XV century.

Mashallah

Mashallah

Transgender student

• Members
  • 2,332 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Yep. I'll protest tomorrow (they moved the date from 15th January to tomorrow).

Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

PhoenixRu

PhoenixRu

• Members
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationRussia

Then be careful, we both know how those protests ends... wait a minute, you're living in SPB, what protest you're talking about?

PS Anyway, with AA or without, i'll be eagerly waiting for tomorrow morning, when our so-called "liberal opposition" going to show its power (or powerlessness)

Mashallah

Mashallah

Transgender student

• Members
  • 2,332 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Then be careful, we both know how those protests ends... wait a minute, you're living in SPB, what protest you're talking about?

PS Anyway, with AA or without, i'll be eagerly waiting for tomorrow morning, when our so-called "liberal opposition" going to show its power (or powerlessness)

There'll be a local protest in every major city.

crazy359

crazy359

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

France, Germany (a heavily militarized and mobilized version), UK, and the rest of Nato could easily defeat Russia. Add the US in and it becomes a joke.

...easily defeat Russia? Are you kidding? In any case, we will check it soon... so tells me my intuition combined with latest news from Eastern Ukraine. This war will not be ww3, this will most likely be the serious local conflict a-la Korea-1950, with Ukraine as a battlefield and with Russia and NATO as real players behind the backs of "official" belligerents. I think the chances of sides are roughly 50/50.

Are you seriously saying that Russia could have a fighting chance against NATO AND their allies (Japan, Austrialia, South Korea)? No way alone against the US, Russia wouldnt stand a chance.

PhoenixRu

PhoenixRu

• Members
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationRussia

Russia wouldnt stand a chance.

When we, Russians, defend our homeland - we always have a chance. Just because we are fighting to the very end, regardless of any losses, while our enemies (both their armies and peoples) are much less motivated. As i said before, it will not be ww3, so we'll hardly see the terrible Australians or South Koreans on the Ukrainian front... So far we only see volunteers and mercenaries from Western countries - nothing special, they aren't the invincible demigods, just a mortals. There were already many cases to prove this :)

Mashallah

Mashallah

Transgender student

• Members
  • 2,332 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Russia wouldnt stand a chance.

When we, Russians, defend our homeland - we always have a chance. Just because we are fighting to the very end, regardless of any losses, while our enemies (both their armies and peoples) are much less motivated. As i said before, it wil not be ww3, so we'll hardly see the terrible Australians or South Koreans on the Ukrainian front... So far we only see volunteers and mercenaries from Western countries - nothing special, they aren't the invincible demigods, just a mortals. There were already many cases to prove this :)

Ah, here you can see a textbook example of a brainwashed vatnik.

• crazy359 likes this

PhoenixRu

PhoenixRu

• Members
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationRussia

Ah, here you can see a textbook example of a brainwashed vatnik.

C'mon, why are you still here, dude? You'd better to brace yourself for tomorrow's protests... maybe even to lay your life to liberate Russia from bloody tyrant... yeah, despite even the fact that (I'm more than sure) you will only "protest" online, by sitting in your safe cozy armchair & writing the angry and freedom-loving comments.  :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users