Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

Your 2015 Predictions

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

Mashallah

Mashallah

Transgender student

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,332 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Ah, here you can see a textbook example of a brainwashed vatnik.

C'mon, why are you still here, dude? You'd better to brace yourself for tomorrow's protests... maybe even to lay your life to liberate Russia from bloody tyrant... yeah, despite even the fact that (I'm more than sure) you will only "protest" online, by sitting in your safe cozy armchair & writing the angry and freedom-loving comments.  :lol:

Should I take pictures for you while I'm there?

I don't like being lied to, but I'm also tired of The Truth.

Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

PhoenixRu

PhoenixRu

• Members
  • 2,513 posts
  • LocationRussia

As you wish, i don't really care. If other forum members are interested, then why not...

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

"And the Russian land, let God keep it! Under heavens, there is no other land like this. And although Russian nobles are not righteous neither kind, let God arrange the Russian land and give us enough justice" - Afanasy Nikitin, medieval traveler of XV century.

MarcZ

MarcZ

Chief Flying Car Critic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,241 posts
  • LocationCanada

To watch this year:

1) Greece - With today's news that a snap election has been called in Greece this will be story number 1 of January 2015. If Greece on January 21st elects a SYRIZA led government then prepare for the first countries to begin to leave the E.U. and the gradual destruction of the supernational entity in the process. I think the Greeks may very well get rid of Mr. Samaras. This obviously could spread the financial chaos to Spain and Italy and then beyond which could then set a year of chaos in the E.U. in motion.

2) More commercial gene therapies and cancer immunotherapies - I expect to see lots of news in these fields over the coming year as more and more new treatments utilizing these technologies are announced this will help increase the survival rate for many different kinds of cancers and other autoimmune diseases. 

3) Deterioration of Japanese economy - With Abenomics failing over in Japan expect another round of Keynesian stimulus as foreign investors begin to flee the market as economic conditions deteriorate although a full collapse will come near the end of the decade.

4) Increasing influence of feminism in the Anglosphere - I feel there has been a growing amount of feminist sympathizers in positions of power in many English speaking nations which may push forward some new laws in these countries and also will make the media sound increasingly feminist.

5) Increasing rise of anti-immigration sentiment in Europe, North America, and Oceania - This perhaps has been seen recently with far-right parties in Europe I feel we will see more organized anti-immigrant sentiment form in North America and Oceania as well next year. This can be linked with re-surging paranoia of terrorism since the media coverage of ISIS and the lone-wolf attacks in Canada and Australia this year as well as people more and more associating immigration with a way corporations attempt to stunt wage growth.

6) Creep of Putinism in south-east Europe - By this I mean the rise of governments that are increasingly anti-liberal democratic such as Viktor Orban in Hungary who are attempting to create governments similar to that in Russia. Slovakia, Slovenia, Romania, Bulgaria, and Serbia are countries to watch.

7) Climax of the Syrian Civil War - I don't believe the war will end this year but I do think ISIS will begin to collapse this year and Assad will finally make his move on Aleppo. I have always said he will win and I still believe it. I believe Aleppo will fall this year and the rest of the conflict will be a foregone conclusion.

8) Ebola outbreak ends - The world will finally get this under control after 10,000 deaths.

9) Ukraine-Russia conflict continues - I contrary to most others don't believe there will be a solution to this this year, oil prices will likely rise up to more comfortable levels for Russia come spring, and I believe both countries will barely hold on financially and the fighting will continue in a quasi-cold conflict which will another 5000ish people by the end of next year.

10) Pluto - Big year for space exploration we will receive the first images of the Plutonian system in the spring.

Mashallah

Mashallah

Transgender student

• Members
  • 2,332 posts
  • LocationSerbia

As you wish, i don't really care. If other forum members are interested, then why not...

So like a tsundere.

Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

PhoenixRu

PhoenixRu

• Members
  • 2,513 posts
  • LocationRussia

So like a tsundere.

What is tsundere?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

"And the Russian land, let God keep it! Under heavens, there is no other land like this. And although Russian nobles are not righteous neither kind, let God arrange the Russian land and give us enough justice" - Afanasy Nikitin, medieval traveler of XV century.

Mashallah

Mashallah

Transgender student

• Members
  • 2,332 posts
  • LocationSerbia

So like a tsundere.

What is tsundere?

Eh, nevermind, it was a lame joke anyway.

PhoenixRu

PhoenixRu

• Members
  • 2,513 posts
  • LocationRussia

9) Ukraine-Russia conflict continues - I contrary to most others don't believe there will be a solution to this this year, oil prices will likely rise up to more comfortable levels for Russia come spring, and I believe both countries will barely hold on financially and the fighting will continue in a quasi-cold conflict which will another 5000ish people by the end of next year.

According to my sources (Ukrainian news and blogs of locals) Ukraine is actively concentating its forces for new attack. Most of people waiting for the new escalation during the New year holidays. Anyway, both sides are well aware that any "truce" can only be temporary, and final resolution is only possible through "blood and steel" so to say.

Jakob

Jakob

Fenny-Eyed Slubber-Yuck

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,227 posts
  • LocationIn the Basket of Deplorables

10) Pluto - Big year for space exploration we will receive the first images of the Plutonian system in the spring.

And Ceres.

Click 'show' to see quotes from great luminaries.

Spoiler

Rainbow Frog

Rainbow Frog

Password Scrambled

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts
  • LocationRemember me fondly!

So like a tsundere.

What is tsundere?

Eh, nevermind, it was a lame joke anyway.

My supreme Channer knowledge gives me great insight.

People are illogical, unreasonable, and self-centered. Love them anyway. 
If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish ulterior motives. Do good anyway. 
If you are successful, you will win false friends and true enemies. Succeed anyway. 
The good you do today will be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway. 
Honesty and frankness make you vulnerable. Be honest and frank anyway. 
The biggest men and women with the biggest ideas can be shot down by the smallest men and women with the smallest minds. Think big anyway. 
People favor underdogs but follow only top dogs. Fight for a few underdogs anyway. 
What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight. Build anyway. 
People really need help but may attack you if you do help them. Help people anyway. 
Give the world the best you have and you'll get kicked in the teeth. Give the world the best you have anyway.

Maximus

Maximus

Spaceman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts
  • LocationCanada

France, Germany (a heavily militarized and mobilized version), UK, and the rest of Nato could easily defeat Russia. Add the US in and it becomes a joke.

...easily defeat Russia? Are you kidding? In any case, we will check it soon... so tells me my intuition combined with latest news from Eastern Ukraine. This war will not be ww3, this will most likely be the serious local conflict a-la Korea-1950, with Ukraine as a battlefield and with Russia and NATO as real players behind the backs of "official" belligerents. I think the chances of sides are roughly 50/50.

I was banking on Germany regaining it's military power in the event of war; I'm sure the US and Nato wouldn't mind letting the Germans become powerful again. In the past two world wars, Germany (fighting on two fronts) defeated or almost defeated Russia. And that was by herself; with UK, France, USA, and the rest of Nato, Russia would be gone within a year. However, as I said before, Russia, like the rest of the nuclear powers could wipe out every country on Earth if it came under attack; thus we will never have a world war like I just described. The most we will see is a proxy war in Ukraine; in that case, Russia has a much more even playing field; in fact I believe Russia would win this proxy war in Ukraine.

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done. -Peter Ustinov

crazy359

crazy359

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Russia wouldnt stand a chance.

When we, Russians, defend our homeland - we always have a chance. Just because we are fighting to the very end, regardless of any losses, while our enemies (both their armies and peoples) are much less motivated. As i said before, it will not be ww3, so we'll hardly see the terrible Australians or South Koreans on the Ukrainian front... So far we only see volunteers and mercenaries from Western countries - nothing special, they aren't the invincible demigods, just a mortals. There were already many cases to prove this :)

You see that where your wrong, this is not world war 2, it doesnt matter how much Russian are motivated to win, its 2015, we fight with drones and rockets, the army that is the most advance technologically will win and US is by far the better army.

And by the way  about South korea and austrialia, I am not saying that south korea or austrialia will make a difference, I am just saying that US alone can crush Russia if you start adding every army in NATO and austrialia and south korea, well Russia has no chance at all

And come on can we have a rational debate, clearly your russian and you will say anything to defend russia but please leave your patriotic pride at home when you have a debate cause you will look ridiculous, to think russia has a fighting chance against NATO is just laughable

PhoenixRu

PhoenixRu

• Members
  • 2,513 posts
  • LocationRussia

...but please leave your patriotic pride at home when you have a debate cause you will look ridiculous, to think russia has a fighting chance against NATO is just laughable

Read the post of Maximus (above yours). I have almost nothing to add... except maybe the fact that defending side always have much better motivation and much higher military spirit than aggressor. Such is the law of human psyche. So yes, i think in this case we have very good chances to win, regardless of you like it or not. Let's stop this debate for now, let's just wait and see...

Futurist

Futurist

Aspiring cross-dresser

• Members
  • 5,673 posts
  • LocationSouthern California, United States of America, Planet Earth

Cosmic Cat is going to enter his 3rd year of high school.

Are you going to work more or play more during this year of high school, CC? ;)

Futurist

Futurist

Aspiring cross-dresser

• Members
  • 5,673 posts

...but please leave your patriotic pride at home when you have a debate cause you will look ridiculous, to think russia has a fighting chance against NATO is just laughable

Read the post of Maximus (above yours). I have almost nothing to add... except maybe the fact that defending side always have much better motivation and much higher military spirit than aggressor. Such is the law of human psyche. So yes, i think in this case we have very good chances to win, regardless of you like it or not. Let's stop this debate for now, let's just wait and see...

Russia might be able to make the West bleed a lot on its way to victory, but whether in 1945 or right now, a Western-Russia war will result in a Western victory if the West has the willpower to endure all of these casualties and if no nukes and/or WMDs are used by either side. After all, Russia currently has 146 million people, whereas the West currently has several times more people than that. Plus, our military technology might currently be more modern than yours is. Finally, I am wondering if you Russians are counting on China to "bail you out" in such a war, since otherwise Russia is going to get its butt kicked in such a war.

Futurist

Futurist

Aspiring cross-dresser

• Members
  • 5,673 posts

Ah, here you can see a textbook example of a brainwashed vatnik.

C'mon, why are you still here, dude? You'd better to brace yourself for tomorrow's protests... maybe even to lay your life to liberate Russia from bloody tyrant... yeah, despite even the fact that (I'm more than sure) you will only "protest" online, by sitting in your safe cozy armchair & writing the angry and freedom-loving comments.  :lol:

I don't know about PhoenixRu, but Yes, please do so for me. :)

Futurist

Futurist

Aspiring cross-dresser

• Members
  • 5,673 posts

Revolution in Russia, I hope.

Maybe a "palace coup" in Russia is more likely to occur in 2015, though.

Cosmic Cat

Cosmic Cat

Hibernating

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,345 posts
  • Location-

Cosmic Cat is going to enter his 3rd year of high school.

Are you going to work more or play more during this year of high school, CC? ;)

Work. I'm volunteering a lot in March, then probably going to use those volunteer hours to get me work at McDonalds.

Mashallah

Mashallah

Transgender student

• Members
  • 2,332 posts
  • LocationSerbia

1. Russia is the aggressor here, though.

2. Keep your fantasies about higher spirits to yourself.

• crazy359 likes this

Futurist

Futurist

Aspiring cross-dresser

• Members
  • 5,673 posts

1. Russia is the aggressor here, though.

2. Keep your fantasies about higher spirits to yourself.

Regardless of these two factors, though, in a Russia-NATO war with no nuclear weapons and/or WMD use at all, NATO will inevitably win (due to its demographic and probably technological superiority) if it will have the will to endure the necessary military casualties to accomplish this.

PhoenixRu

PhoenixRu

• Members
  • 2,513 posts
  • LocationRussia

Russia might be able to make the West bleed a lot on its way to victory, but whether in 1945 or right now, a Western-Russia war will result in a Western victory if the West has the willpower to endure all of these casualties and if no nukes and/or WMDs are used by either side. After all, Russia currently has 146 million people, whereas the West currently has several times more people than that. Plus, our military technology might currently be more modern than yours is. Finally, I am wondering if you Russians are counting on China to "bail you out" in such a war, since otherwise Russia is going to get its butt kicked in such a war.

Yes, yes, i know, the Western powers combined are much more than Russia. But the goals and price of big war (if such a war happens) will be different for both sides. For Russia, it will be a war for survival, for West - just another aggression. In this case Russia can make the West to bleed enough to retreat. And this may count as victory.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users