Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

Space fights

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Poll: Space wars (13 member(s) have cast votes)

When will humans find faster than light travel

1. about 100 years (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. next 200 (2 votes [15.38%])

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

3. 'bout 500 years (3 votes [23.08%])

Percentage of vote: 23.08%

4. less than a thousand (2 votes [15.38%])

5. 1000+ (4 votes [30.77%])

Percentage of vote: 30.77%

6. never (2 votes [15.38%])

When will the navy turn into space fights

1. as soon as we get space ships capable of fighting (4 votes [30.77%])

2. maybe once we get armed with weapons like lasers or plasma shooters (0 votes [0.00%])

3. As soon as we could have faster-than-light travel (0 votes [0.00%])

4. As soon as we got many colonies in space (4 votes [30.77%])

5. As soon as terrorism in space occurs (3 votes [23.08%])

6. As soon as we adapt to going through instellar travel (1 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

7. Never (1 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

(in years) when do you think the upper question will happen

1. in 100 years (3 votes [23.08%])

2. in 500 years (5 votes [38.46%])

Percentage of vote: 38.46%

3. in 800 years (3 votes [23.08%])

4. in 1500 years (0 votes [0.00%])

5. in 3000 years (0 votes [0.00%])

6. never (2 votes [15.38%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

someone

someone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
In the near future, we'll work up on basic space stations (tomorrow to the next year) In the mid-future, we may have operational hundred-man space shuttles (next ten years) In the far future, we may set up colonies around Mars (500 to a thousand years) In the very far future, terrorists will have their own planets and terraformed bodies, and we need defense (2000 years or so) This will result in us trying to defend our space, and we may have to develop capable-of-space-travel battle ships, and the navy will transfer from sea to space.

CamGoldenGun

CamGoldenGun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts
  • LocationFort McMurray, AB. Canada.
I think your thoughts on hundred-man space shuttles being operational in ten years is stretching it a bit. NASA has gone back to the basics and are thinking of small-capsule designs. If anything, we're closer to building an orbital elevator than a 100-passenger space shuttle. Mars we've discussed in the other thread about terraforming and it looks like it might take 500 years to just get a viable atmosphere for basic plantlife to grow. I do agree that in about 2000 years there will be the 'romanticism' of pirates in space again though.

atoblade

atoblade

Time Lord

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
Although everything in science says we can't I do hope we beat light at some point!

someone

someone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

I think your thoughts on hundred-man space shuttles being operational in ten years is stretching it a bit. NASA has gone back to the basics and are thinking of small-capsule designs. If anything, we're closer to building an orbital elevator than a 100-passenger space shuttle.

Mars we've discussed in the other thread about terraforming and it looks like it might take 500 years to just get a viable atmosphere for basic plantlife to grow.

I do agree that in about 2000 years there will be the 'romanticism' of pirates in space again though.

Unless those stupid terrorist just quit being a terrorist, and once technology improves (according to this very site), we may get rid of all the problems as it says in the "23rd century" section. Once that happens, no future Bin Ladin will be there, but in our current situation, we'll obviously have future terrorists.

RandomDan

RandomDan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

I think your thoughts on hundred-man space shuttles being operational in ten years is stretching it a bit. NASA has gone back to the basics and are thinking of small-capsule designs. If anything, we're closer to building an orbital elevator than a 100-passenger space shuttle.

Mars we've discussed in the other thread about terraforming and it looks like it might take 500 years to just get a viable atmosphere for basic plantlife to grow.

I do agree that in about 2000 years there will be the 'romanticism' of pirates in space again though.

Unless those stupid terrorist just quit being a terrorist, and once technology improves (according to this very site), we may get rid of all the problems as it says in the "23rd century" section. Once that happens, no future Bin Ladin will be there, but in our current situation, we'll obviously have future terrorists.

You have to consider that some of the worst terrorists are the governments and people behind the curtain themselves. Bin Laden was just a fall guy in my opinion (Hence why he was shot on sight).

Going back on topic to the Mars "colony". If we really wanted too, we could begin to colonise mars now, and in 100 years have something similar to the "total recall" mars outpost.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users