Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

Elite: Dangerous

• Please log in to reply
743 replies to this topic

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,833 posts
  • LocationLondon

Anyone played this yet? I absolutely loved the original.

https://www.elitedangerous.com/

• Radivis likes this

Ewan

Ewan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts
  • LocationLondon

As far as I've read it's just a game of flying around with not much to do currently. Better to wait a while, the game isn't finished. I think in 1-2 years with Oculus out these sorts of games will be fantastic though. 

Rainbow Frog

Rainbow Frog

Password Scrambled

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts
  • LocationRemember me fondly!

I bought it but I need to really start playing.

I've had it for three months now and have played 10 minutes tops, I'll get around to it.... some time.

People are illogical, unreasonable, and self-centered. Love them anyway. 
If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish ulterior motives. Do good anyway. 
If you are successful, you will win false friends and true enemies. Succeed anyway. 
The good you do today will be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway. 
Honesty and frankness make you vulnerable. Be honest and frank anyway. 
The biggest men and women with the biggest ideas can be shot down by the smallest men and women with the smallest minds. Think big anyway. 
People favor underdogs but follow only top dogs. Fight for a few underdogs anyway. 
What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight. Build anyway. 
People really need help but may attack you if you do help them. Help people anyway. 
Give the world the best you have and you'll get kicked in the teeth. Give the world the best you have anyway.

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,190 posts

it looks awesome 

Raklian

Raklian

An Immortal In The Making

• Moderators
  • 6,457 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Guys, wait for Infinity: Battlescape. This game will blow Elite out of the water.

What are you without the sum of your parts?

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 7,833 posts
  • LocationLondon

Exploring stars.

• Italian Ufo likes this

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts

being in the space would relax me so much

• wjfox likes this

TheAsianGuy_LOL

TheAsianGuy_LOL

What's Up Homies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts
  • LocationThe Stars of Which to be Settled

I had purchased it since Premium Beta (aka closed beta) and been playing since. It's a really good game atm. Can't wait for future patches of it. I'm mostly a combat person in it.

"We know Everything, but not Everything"~ Me

"Don't question what I know, question what I don't know."~ Me

"Fear kills more dreams than failure ever will"~Italian UFO

OrbitalResonance

OrbitalResonance

Cosmic Emperor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationDeep Space

Voyager 2 and 1 in elite. In their real 3300 locations

http://www.space.com...s-universe.html

• wjfox likes this

We make our world significant by the courage of our questions and the depth of our answers. - Carl Sagan

TheAsianGuy_LOL

TheAsianGuy_LOL

What's Up Homies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts
  • LocationThe Stars of Which to be Settled

This was rather behind. I knew about this a week ago lol.

"We know Everything, but not Everything"~ Me

"Don't question what I know, question what I don't know."~ Me

"Fear kills more dreams than failure ever will"~Italian UFO

Ghostreaper

Ghostreaper

Hopelessly optimistic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts
  • LocationWest Midlands, UK

I might get this game to tide me over until Star Citizen releases

“If the genius of invention were to reveal to-morrow the secret of immortality, of eternal beauty and youth, for which all humanity is aching, the same inexorable agents which prevent a mass from changing suddenly its velocity would likewise resist the force of the new knowledge until time gradually modifies human thought.” 

Nikola Tesla - New York World, May 19th 1907 

Raklian

Raklian

An Immortal In The Making

• Moderators
  • 6,457 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

I was a tad bit agitated when this probe wasn't nudged to change its trajectory...

What are you without the sum of your parts?

EVanimations

EVanimations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,446 posts
  • LocationThe Eldritch Beyond

I played this today at work. The sheer scale of everything in this game is a mind-blowing experience, but other than that there isn't much to do but fly around and visit stars. I look forward to seeing this more fleshed out!

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 7,833 posts
  • LocationLondon

It's great, but I'm finding it very difficult. The controls are hard to master for combat/dog fights. I'm still playing the tutorial and haven't even started the full game yet. However, I absolutely love the game environment, storyline etc. and was a huge fan of the original game from '84, so I'm determined to make progress on it.

Ghostreaper

Ghostreaper

Hopelessly optimistic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts
  • LocationWest Midlands, UK

I tried landing at a space dock with flight assist off, boy is that impossible... :p

I got the premium beta with along with my brother while I was out of the country with work but work started to impede my progress so I didn't get a lot out of it. I will be getting the full game when I have time as I did enjoy the trade journeys amassing credits to buy better ships (and of course the times when I became overconfident then accidentally boosted inside the space dock...) 

I think the game is free to anyone who bought the premium beta also? Not sure, if it is then there's no reason not to get the full game I guess :D

“If the genius of invention were to reveal to-morrow the secret of immortality, of eternal beauty and youth, for which all humanity is aching, the same inexorable agents which prevent a mass from changing suddenly its velocity would likewise resist the force of the new knowledge until time gradually modifies human thought.” 

Nikola Tesla - New York World, May 19th 1907 

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 7,833 posts
  • LocationLondon

The game features an explorable, realistic 3D map of the galaxy.

This is simply mind-blowing. You can't imagine the vastness.

Ewan

Ewan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts
  • LocationLondon

It's great, but I'm finding it very difficult. The controls are hard to master for combat/dog fights. I'm still playing the tutorial and haven't even started the full game yet. However, I absolutely love the game environment, storyline etc. and was a huge fan of the original game from '84, so I'm determined to make progress on it.

This is the hardest thing to learn about space games. I am getting the same issue with Star Citizen & Starpoint Gemini 2. I think these games are potentially better with gamepads or a stick to be honest, it just feels weird with a mouse. It's much harder than flying a plane as well - when you're flying above something you have reference points, whereas in space it's difficult to see your orientation etc. Of course in a weightless environment orientation doesn't matter, up is down, down is up etc, but it does feel disorientating. 

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 7,833 posts
  • LocationLondon

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts