Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

Elite: Dangerous

• Please log in to reply
762 replies to this topic

Ghostreaper

Ghostreaper

Hopelessly optimistic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWest Midlands, UK

2nd favourite Jet Aircraft performing my second favourite manoeuvre! nice find :D

“If the genius of invention were to reveal to-morrow the secret of immortality, of eternal beauty and youth, for which all humanity is aching, the same inexorable agents which prevent a mass from changing suddenly its velocity would likewise resist the force of the new knowledge until time gradually modifies human thought.” 

Nikola Tesla - New York World, May 19th 1907 

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,963 posts
  • LocationLondon

The game has apparently sold 500,000 copies now. Frontier Developments expect to make £22m from sales, more than expected.

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 7,963 posts
  • LocationLondon

My latest video...

You can subscribe to me here.

Raklian

Raklian

An Immortal In The Making

• Moderators
  • 6,509 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

^ Great video. Thanks for making it.

Unfortunately, as much as I really want to play this game, I do not have the time for it. I am already busy as it is.

Still, I'm watching for the I-Novae Infinity: Battlescape kickstarter, which should start sometime in the next few months, and I'm planning on funding it. And play it.

What are you without the sum of your parts?

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 7,963 posts
  • LocationLondon

God dammit. :(

In a rush – while delivering a shipment of bioreducing lichen – my Adder crashed into the side of a Coriolis station. I hit the interior just below the exit.

7u9jpqk.jpg

Raklian

Raklian

An Immortal In The Making

• Moderators
  • 6,509 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

^ Curious, what happens if you lose a ship? What are the implications of that?

Do you start all over again from scratch?

What are you without the sum of your parts?

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 7,963 posts
  • LocationLondon

^ Curious, what happens if you lose a ship? What are the implications of that?

Do you start all over again from scratch?

Each ship has an insurance value.

If there are sufficient credits in your account, the insurance will cover it. If not, you have to start again from scratch, back at your original starting location.

My Adder cost about 4,500 credits to replace (with previous upgrades included), and luckily I had enough, so it wasn't too much trouble (though I lost a 13,000 credit shipment of cargo I'd been delivering).

Some of the bigger ships have insurance running into millions of credits.

• Raklian likes this

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 7,963 posts
  • LocationLondon

3-D models:

http://imgur.com/a/btQ4t

Time_Traveller

Time_Traveller

Master of Time Travel

• Members
  • 6,064 posts
  • LocationRepublic of Jordan, 1 January 3025 C.E.

Just downloaded it going to have a go on it tomorrow and Saturday.

• wjfox likes this
I want to go ahead of Father Time with a scythe of my own.

H. G. Wells

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 7,963 posts
  • LocationLondon

Awesome. :) You can add me as a friend if you want (wjfox, same as here).

Massive tip: be sure to play the tutorials first, and learn the basics of moving/firing. Also watch tutorials on YouTube.

I found the controls quite difficult at first, but after a while it becomes like riding a bike, you do things automatically.

Also there's a great community on Reddit: http://www.reddit.co...EliteDangerous/

• Time_Traveller likes this

Time_Traveller

Time_Traveller

Master of Time Travel

• Members
  • 6,064 posts

Awesome. :) You can add me as a friend if you want (wjfox, same as here).

Massive tip: be sure to play the tutorials first, and learn the basics of moving/firing. Also watch tutorials on YouTube.

I found the controls quite difficult at first, but after a while it becomes like riding a bike, you do things automatically.

Also there's a great community on Reddit: http://www.reddit.co...EliteDangerous/

Will do wj, have a look at the tutorials wen back from work later.

H. G. Wells

Zaphod

Zaphod

Esteemed Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • LocationUK

Have any of you downloaded the voice patch? It look's pretty cool...

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 7,963 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted by Reddit user Mu77ley.

http://www.reddit.co...ood_looking_at/

zTyjKaq.jpg

Time_Traveller

Time_Traveller

Master of Time Travel

• Members
  • 6,064 posts

I know you can't but I've always wanted to visit M33 on Elite: Dangerous and see what it looks like?

H. G. Wells

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 7,963 posts
  • LocationLondon

I know you can't but I've always wanted to visit M33 on Elite: Dangerous and see what it looks like?

M33 is the Triangulum galaxy.

I think possibly you mean M31 (Andromeda), which is a bit closer. You can see M31 in the Elite galaxy map.

On the Elite subreddit, people have discussed the possibility of alien artifacts with portals/wormholes providing access to these neighbouring galaxies, along with satellite dwarf galaxies such as the Large and Small Magellanic clouds. The game developers might introduce these at some point, and also the "Thargoid" aliens featured in the original game.

I made great progress over the weekend. I'm currently in system LHS 2925, where I've found a very profitable trade route. I can buy 12 tons of bertrandite at Hillary Station, travel to nearby LHS 2931 (Lee Station) and sell it there. I then buy 12 tons of berylium and travel back to LHS 2925, where I sell the berylium. In the space of just 20 minutes, those 2 trips have netted me a profit of nearly 15,000 credits. I intend to keep repeating this journey until I have 400,000 CR – enough to buy my 3rd new ship – the Cobra.

I also killed my first pirates over the weekend. This earned me tens of thousands of credits. I upgraded my ship with a multicannon + additional shields, which makes my Adder much more effective in combat. The Cobra will be even better, and will also have increased cargo capacity, jump range, etc.

This game is so damn addictive! :)

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 7,963 posts
  • LocationLondon

Artwork by xkalibur84.

TcqT69I.jpg

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 7,963 posts
  • LocationLondon

The largest playable ship in the game is the Anaconda.

It's massive...

hsYbC7x.png

Time_Traveller

Time_Traveller

Master of Time Travel

• Members
  • 6,064 posts

M33 is the Triangulum galaxy.

I think possibly you mean M31 (Andromeda), which is a bit closer. You can see M31 in the Elite galaxy map.

On the Elite subreddit, people have discussed the possibility of alien artifacts with portals/wormholes providing access to these neighbouring galaxies, along with satellite dwarf galaxies such as the Large and Small Magellanic clouds. The game developers might introduce these at some point, and also the "Thargoid" aliens featured in the original game.

I made great progress over the weekend. I'm currently in system LHS 2925, where I've found a very profitable trade route. I can buy 12 tons of bertrandite at Hillary Station, travel to nearby LHS 2931 (Lee Station) and sell it there. I then buy 12 tons of berylium and travel back to LHS 2925, where I sell the berylium. In the space of just 20 minutes, those 2 trips have netted me a profit of nearly 15,000 credits. I intend to keep repeating this journey until I have 400,000 CR – enough to buy my 3rd new ship – the Cobra.

I also killed my first pirates over the weekend. This earned me tens of thousands of credits. I upgraded my ship with a multicannon + additional shields, which makes my Adder much more effective in combat. The Cobra will be even better, and will also have increased cargo capacity, jump range, etc.

This game is so damn addictive! :)

Hmm, sounds great will come and have a look at these systems then. Starting at Trevithick Dock.

• wjfox likes this

H. G. Wells

Time_Traveller

Time_Traveller

Master of Time Travel

• Members
  • 6,064 posts

Finally landed at Boswell Station to deliver some scrap metal.

• wjfox likes this

H. G. Wells

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 7,963 posts
  • LocationLondon

I nearly have enough to buy a Cobra.

Another 40,000 credits to go.

6PsCLkO.jpg

• Time_Traveller likes this