Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

Slovak Same Sex Marriage/Adoption February 7 Referendum

• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

Kemotx

Kemotx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • LocationWrocław

On February 7, Slovaks will be asked three questions:

1. Do you agree that only a bond between one man and one woman can be called marriage?

2. Do you agree that same-sex couples or groups should not be allowed to adopt and raise children?

3. Do you agree that schools cannot require children to participate in education pertaining to sexual behaviour or euthanasia if their parents don’t agree?

As a Pole I can't vote, but I would say No, Yes and Yes. Here's a video made by people who are slight more radical and vote three Yes:

Translation:

"Here are your new parents"

"Where's mom?"

From the votes on Youtube video, I think that slighty more people would probably vote three yes. I also like one of the comments: "Everyone talks about the rights of LGBTs, but what about the rights of children?"

Mashallah

Mashallah

Transgender student

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,332 posts
  • LocationSerbia

No, no and no.

I don't like being lied to, but I'm also tired of The Truth.

Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Rainbow Frog

Rainbow Frog

Password Scrambled

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts
  • LocationRemember me fondly!

=Didn't read the question=

People are illogical, unreasonable, and self-centered. Love them anyway. 
If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish ulterior motives. Do good anyway. 
If you are successful, you will win false friends and true enemies. Succeed anyway. 
The good you do today will be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway. 
Honesty and frankness make you vulnerable. Be honest and frank anyway. 
The biggest men and women with the biggest ideas can be shot down by the smallest men and women with the smallest minds. Think big anyway. 
People favor underdogs but follow only top dogs. Fight for a few underdogs anyway. 
What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight. Build anyway. 
People really need help but may attack you if you do help them. Help people anyway. 
Give the world the best you have and you'll get kicked in the teeth. Give the world the best you have anyway.

Mashallah

Mashallah

Transgender student

• Members
  • 2,332 posts
  • LocationSerbia

No, no and no.

Transgender, but no to gay marriage?

Reread the original post.

Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Rainbow Frog

Rainbow Frog

Password Scrambled

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

oops

If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish ulterior motives. Do good anyway. 
If you are successful, you will win false friends and true enemies. Succeed anyway. 
The biggest men and women with the biggest ideas can be shot down by the smallest men and women with the smallest minds. Think big anyway. 
People favor underdogs but follow only top dogs. Fight for a few underdogs anyway. 
People really need help but may attack you if you do help them. Help people anyway. 
Give the world the best you have and you'll get kicked in the teeth. Give the world the best you have anyway.

Rainbow Frog

Rainbow Frog

Password Scrambled

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

it would be no, no, no for me

I think children need an education on sex and on ethunasia

Mashallah

Mashallah

Transgender student

• Members
  • 2,332 posts
  • LocationSerbia

it would be no, no, yes for me

Reread it once more.

Rainbow Frog

Rainbow Frog

Password Scrambled

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

it would be no, no, yes for me

God damm I hate questions worded like this, I need to read really, really slowly.

Rainbow Frog

Rainbow Frog

Password Scrambled

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

On February 7, Slovaks will be asked three questions:

1. Do you agree that only a bond between one man and one woman can be called marriage?

2. Do you agree that same-sex couples or groups should not be allowed to adopt and raise children?

3. Do you agree that schools cannot require children to participate in education pertaining to sexual behaviour or euthanasia if their parents don’t agree?

As a Pole I can't vote, but I would say No, Yes and Yes. Here's a video made by people who are slight more radical and vote three Yes:

Translation:

"Here are your new parents"

"Where's mom?"

From the votes on Youtube video, I think that slighty more people would probably vote three yes. I also like one of the comments: "Everyone talks about the rights of LGBTs, but what about the rights of children?"

A couple of issues with this one (i know it's not your comment Kemotx don't worry)

1. Children in almost ever case, don't pick their parents, so arguing this is against the child's rights is a bit B.S in my opinion
  2. Is a loving gay couple worse than an abusive/fighting/divorced straight couple
  3. "Wheres Mummy" is not any cause for concern for our gay couple, this Child likely knows that Mum+Dad is the standard family layout and is confused, not because he inherently disagrees with gay adoption (hes too young to make a philosophical decision like that) 
  4. Pretty much every study says that gay couples are not any worse than straight ones, so why not

• Futurist likes this

Mashallah

Mashallah

Transgender student

• Members
  • 2,332 posts
  • LocationSerbia

The only possible argument against LGBT rights, including marriage/adoption/whatever is blatant bigotry and homophobia/transphobia/whatever. Trying to hide that behind imaginary issues with phrases like "think of the children!" is disgusting.

• Futurist likes this

Rainbow Frog

Rainbow Frog

Password Scrambled

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

I love how they think gay people look. Beards, hipster clothing, slicked back hair.

joe00uk

joe00uk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts
  • LocationUK

No, No, and yet again No.

TheComrade

TheComrade

BANNED

• Banned
  • 2,642 posts

No

Yes

No

Sidenote. Slovak language is amazingly similar to Russian: "prishli tvoi novye rodichi... a gde mama?". Initially, i didn't even realize it was a foreign clip...

Rainbow Frog

Rainbow Frog

Password Scrambled

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

No

Yes

No

Sidenote. Slovak language is amazingly similar to Russian: "prishli tvoi novye rodichi... a gde mama?". Initially, i didn't even realize it was a foreign clip...

Why no to gay adoption?

Mashallah

Mashallah

Transgender student

• Members
  • 2,332 posts
  • LocationSerbia

No

Yes

No

Yeah, I was also amazed by that.

TheComrade

TheComrade

BANNED

• Banned
  • 2,642 posts

No

Yes

No

Why no to gay adoption?

Because of "and where's mom?" question from this clip... children should be raised in normal (biologically) families. This right is much more important than right of gays to adopt them only to feel yourself "usual family with children".

PS and no, i'm not going to enter into long debates.

Mashallah

Mashallah

Transgender student

• Members
  • 2,332 posts
  • LocationSerbia

No

Yes

No

Why no to gay adoption?

Because of "and where's mom?" question from this clip... children should be raised in normal (biologically) families. This right is much more important than right of gays to adopt them only to feel yourself "usual family with children".

See this:

A couple of issues with this one (i know it's not your comment Kemotx don't worry)

1. Children in almost ever case, don't pick their parents, so arguing this is against the child's rights is a bit B.S in my opinion
  2. Is a loving gay couple worse than an abusive/fighting/divorced straight couple
  3. "Wheres Mummy" is not any cause for concern for our gay couple, this Child likely knows that Mum+Dad is the standard family layout and is confused, not because he inherently disagrees with gay adoption (hes too young to make a philosophical decision like that) 
  4. Pretty much every study says that gay couples are not any worse than straight ones, so why not

Mute

Mute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

No

Yes

No

Why no to gay adoption?

What a child needs is to be raised by people who will love them, care for them, cater to all their important needs, educate them about the world, and be a positive role model to help them grow into a healthy and functional adult. Last I checked, these are completely gender-neutral concepts.

• Futurist and Logically Illogical. like this

TheComrade

TheComrade

BANNED

• Banned
  • 2,642 posts

See this ...etc

Imagine you're the adopted child. if you have mom and dad, they can successfully hide this fact from you, till you reach 15-18 years old. Now imagine you're 10 years old & the only person in your class who have two "dads"... should i explain what will happen & how you will be treated by classmates? So...

Mashallah

Mashallah

Transgender student

• Members
  • 2,332 posts
  • LocationSerbia

See this ...etc

Imagine you're the adopted child. if you have mom and dad, they can successfully hide this fact from you, till you reach 15-18 years old. Now imagine you're 10 years old & the only person in your class who have two "dads"... should i explain what will happen & how you will be treated by classmates? So...

In a civilised country, there wouldn't be any problem. Besides, you answered "no" to the third question, which means that you agree that schools should explain homosexuality to children.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users