Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

Past Timeline

• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

CyberMisterBeauty

CyberMisterBeauty

The most beautiful male in the universe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts
  • LocationThe largest city of the year 2192,celebrating my 200th birthday
After all,this past timeline will be created or not?It will be a different website or it will be created before the year 2000 in the timeline?

EVanimations

EVanimations

Creator of Things

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,466 posts
  • LocationThe Eldritch Beyond

I've been thinking about this again. :) Here are the sections I want -

• The early Universe
  • The young Earth
  • The evolution of life
  • Early humans
  • Ancient history (c. 3350 BCE to c. 500 CE)
  • Mediaeval history (c. 500 to 1499)
  • Early modern history (1500 to 1899)
  • Modern history (1900-present)

I like the sound of that. Evolution of life could include major evolutionary breakthroughs that would later lead to humanity (development of a spine, development of brains, eyes, jaws, limbs, walking upright, emotions, abstract reasoning, etc...)

And the human civilization categories would focus on major technological and social breakthroughs that lead to today.

With all due respect, Cybermisterbeauty, I don't like looking at that nipple. Please change your profile pic to something more appropriate, that purple eye you had a while ago was just fine...

I make an animated series about time travel and the future of humanity called ExoTemporal Excursion. You'll like it if you're into that sort of thing. I draw too I guess.

Also check out my futuristic robot resource pack for Minecraft, and Thrive, an under-development evolution simulator.

SG-1

SG-1

Carpe Diem

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,051 posts
  • LocationUS
EDIT: I said something mean about that picture, better delete it before anyone laughs at my joke.

Edited by SG-1, 03 August 2012 - 12:47 AM.

Mark your calendars

Never Yield

EVanimations

EVanimations

Creator of Things

• Members
  • 2,466 posts

EDIT: I said something mean about that picture, better delete it before anyone laughs at my joke.

Thing is, I already know exactly what the joke was without reading it. *highfives*

I make an animated series about time travel and the future of humanity called ExoTemporal Excursion. You'll like it if you're into that sort of thing. I draw too I guess.

Also check out my futuristic robot resource pack for Minecraft, and Thrive, an under-development evolution simulator.

CyberMisterBeauty

CyberMisterBeauty

The most beautiful male in the universe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts
  • LocationThe largest city of the year 2192,celebrating my 200th birthday
It will be created after all?

TreeHandThing

TreeHandThing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationNorth Hills, CA
Past timeline is a great idea, but with only one problem. I don't believe that Will alone has the time to make a detailed entry on every single important past event or innovation. I think that there could be a team of volunteers contributing to the site, and after one of them finishes writing on an event, they submit it to Will who can either add it to the site, edit it a bit and add it to the site, or just trash it.

If past timeline takes off, then this website would contain the most detailed, comprehensive timeline of all time.
  • wjfox likes this

EVanimations

EVanimations

Creator of Things

• Members
  • 2,466 posts
I'd be happy to catalogue important innovations in the arts and architecture and their lasting impact on the world.

(example: invention of 3-point perspective, invention of the arch, invention of the skyscraper etc.)

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,271 posts
  • LocationRome/London

Past timeline is a great idea, but with only one problem. I don't believe that Will alone has the time to make a detailed entry on every single important past event or innovation. I think that there could be a team of volunteers contributing to the site, and after one of them finishes writing on an event, they submit it to Will who can either add it to the site, edit it a bit and add it to the site, or just trash it.

If past timeline takes off, then this website would contain the most detailed, comprehensive timeline of all time.

Good Call, if Will needs any help I will see what I can do to contribute. A past timeline is an ambitious project and to do it alone and it requires dedication...not an easy task...
I could cover the renaissance part for example...it is just an idea but i am pretty flexible

Logically Irrational

Logically Irrational

For Lack of a Better Name

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts
  • LocationHoover Dam
I wonder if, once Past Timeline takes off, we should add a new forum section for it. Probably in the off topic section. That way, we could start threads on a bunch of different historical time periods or events and contribute to it. We could have people write and post possible additions, and have members critique them and suggest additions and deletions.

That way the team of volunteers TreeHandThing mentioned wouldn't push all the editing and trashing onto Will. Ever final product would be (hopefully) perfected. Since we're dealing with historical accuracy and objective research, it would be good to have a large number of people looking stuff over.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!

SG-1

SG-1

Carpe Diem

• Members
  • 3,051 posts
  • LocationUS
That seems like a good idea.

People could do that already with FT updates, but I haven't seen many that were written and then copied onto the timeline.

Mark your calendars

Never Yield

raxo2222

raxo2222

e^x

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  • LocationCanada, AD 2100, December 31st.
What happened to it?

Do this idea was scrapped away?

Any technology sufficiently advanced is indistinguishable from magic.* - A. Clarke
Any magic sufficiently analyzed is indistinguishable from technology.** - Somewhere from Internet

*Relatively, comparing to rest of world. Go back in time with modern tech. **Lets assume its working only in fantasy/simulated world. Go forward in time with unicorns.

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,909 posts
  • LocationLondon
I'm really sorry for the delay. Be in no doubt -- I'm still 100% committed to this project, and I can promise you it will definitely happen eventually. :) It's just, I've been so busy working on FutureTimeline and other stuff. Also, I had some problems with my DNS/host.

However, I may have some time in the coming weeks, and certainly by Christmas. My main concern for the next 2-3 weeks is getting a new design/layout for FutureTimeline, which is going to dramatically improve the appearance of the homepage and other sections. Once that's finished, I should be able to get started on PastTimeline.

I think eventually, PastTimeline could become even bigger than FutureTimeline, as there's so much more material I could draw from, it would be faster and easier to write (since I wouldn't have to spend time thinking up predictions etc. - I could just write about facts/events that have already happened) and it could be a very useful tool for students and educational purposes.
  • Time_Traveller and raxo2222 like this

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,271 posts
  • LocationRome/London

I'm really sorry for the delay. Be in no doubt -- I'm still 100% committed to this project, and I can promise you it will definitely happen eventually. :) It's just, I've been so busy working on FutureTimeline and other stuff. Also, I had some problems with my DNS/host.

However, I may have some time in the coming weeks, and certainly by Christmas. My main concern for the next 2-3 weeks is getting a new design/layout for FutureTimeline, which is going to dramatically improve the appearance of the homepage and other sections. Once that's finished, I should be able to get started on PastTimeline.

I think eventually, PastTimeline could become even bigger than FutureTimeline, as there's so much more material I could draw from, it would be faster and easier to write (since I wouldn't have to spend time thinking up predictions etc. - I could just write about facts/events that have already happened) and it could be a very useful tool for students and educational purposes.

Yes i think it would be great for students. Please take your time we are not in rush. :)

Edited by Italian Ufo, 12 November 2012 - 02:10 AM.

remateny

remateny

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
There's a great website that has a timeline of the past, it's here. There's also a section for the future similar to this site here and the main page is http://www.jmooneyham.com/ixmag.html. It's more science fiction and creative writing but some of the entries are interesting.

Cody930

Cody930

An Apple Pie from Scratch

• Moderators
  • 1,780 posts
  • LocationWoodbridge, New Jersey, US
This is also another good site to use for past history - http://www.hyperhist...story_n2/a.html

Comprehensive breakdowns of each region, important people, important periods and regimes, etc. I have the hard copy of the world history chart myself, 4 feet long too. :p

"Since we first emerged, a few million years ago in East Africa, we have meandered our way around the planet. There are now people on every continent and the remotest islands, from pole to pole, from Mount Everest to the Dead Sea, on the ocean bottoms and even, occasionally, in residence 200 miles up - humans, like the gods of old, living in the sky."

Mega Nix

Mega Nix

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

"History is a pack of lies we play on the dead." -Voiltare

The problem is that history is written by the victories, and that the official history is a lie. The people who documented events always has/had a consciousness /unconsciousness desire to pass on their ideas upon others. To really know what is the "truth" is a pretty damn hard task. Just to copy what other researchers have found out gives an incomplete picture. And if you just make a "ordinary" history timeline without connecting the dots, I would find it very boring to read

I don't think what truthiness said about the civil war is the official story. But I think that is closer to the truth than the romantic story everybody seems to  portray"South bad guys, North good guys". What about the known Conspiracies that there is evidence for? How should we portray them? I can prove that 9/11 was an inside, but thats a "NO NO" to say anything about. Would we make threads there people arguing what really happend?

raxo2222

raxo2222

e^x

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  • LocationCanada, AD 2100, December 31st.

Will past timeline ever created?

Any technology sufficiently advanced is indistinguishable from magic.* - A. Clarke
Any magic sufficiently analyzed is indistinguishable from technology.** - Somewhere from Internet

*Relatively, comparing to rest of world. Go back in time with modern tech. **Lets assume its working only in fantasy/simulated world. Go forward in time with unicorns.

FutureOfToday

FutureOfToday

CY: 2014

• Members
  • 4,010 posts
  • LocationMaidstone, UK

I think you should really start off with the very beginnings of the universe and how it developed over millions of years, much like how Future Timeline ends with its ultimate fate, then focus on how stars formed, how the solar system formed and how the Earth was created. Then move onto the natural history of Earth and go through the geological periods, before moving onto the evolution of humans, then focusing on major historic events leading up to 2000, at which point the timeline would cross over to Future Timeline. This would be a massive project indeed, but the fact that Future Timeline is here, I think, shows that it is very possible, and would definitely accompany this site excellently if it was completed.

• wjfox likes this
1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014

Tuluk-Jei

Tuluk-Jei

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationKaterini,Greece

Fox, are you still making progress with the project? It's been 1,5 years since the first post and 5 months since the last update and... well some of us aren't that patient.

Btw, is there any way we can contribute to the creation of past timeline?

Does this unit have a soul?

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,909 posts
  • LocationLondon

I'm working on major updates for 2100 and 2200. Once they're done, I should be able to get started on PastTimeline.

People are welcome to offer suggestions/contributions (though it's probably best to wait until I have the basic layout/framework up and running).

• eacao likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users