Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

Past Timeline

• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

ddmkm122

ddmkm122

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • LocationUnited States

I am hoping to see it improved!

José Andrade

José Andrade

I am the VR crazy around here!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Any news? I wonder when it will be released...

"In this world, a single blade can take you anywhere you want to go. It's a virtual world, but i still feel more alive here than i do in the real one." Kirito - Sword Art Online

FutureOfToday

FutureOfToday

CY: 2014

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,028 posts
  • LocationMaidstone, UK
A lot of people seem to believe the site will be up this month, but I'm hoping that we will see it before Spring.
1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,942 posts
  • LocationLondon

Hopefully in 3-4 weeks. Maybe a little longer. But we're definitely getting close now.

Once I've finished the redesign of FT, I can use that as a template for PT, which is going to save masses of work.

• Time_Traveller, StanleyAlexander, FutureOfToday and 2 others like this

FutureOfToday

FutureOfToday

• Members
  • 4,028 posts
  • LocationMaidstone, UK
3-4 weeks! Sooner than I thought! I look forward to seeing the new site, whenever it may launch. :D
1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014

José Andrade

José Andrade

I am the VR crazy around here!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • LocationPortugal

How about now, how long? I am really excited about it!

"In this world, a single blade can take you anywhere you want to go. It's a virtual world, but i still feel more alive here than i do in the real one." Kirito - Sword Art Online

Time_Traveller

Time_Traveller

Master of Time Travel

• Members
  • 4,099 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, USA, 1st March 2060 CE

Hopefully around now then it'll be finished can't wait.  :biggrin:

I want to go ahead of Father Time with a scythe of my own.

H. G. Wells

Futurist

Futurist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,789 posts
  • LocationSouthern California, United States of America, Planet Earth

3-4 weeks! Sooner than I thought! I look forward to seeing the new site, whenever it may launch. :D

It's already been four weeks since your last post here!

FutureOfToday

FutureOfToday

• Members
  • 4,028 posts
  • LocationMaidstone, UK
Well, wjfox did only say "hopefully" in 3-4 weeks. Just be patient.

FutureGuy

FutureGuy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • LocationItaly

Will past timeline focus on science and technology developments like future timeline or will it focus on something else, like, for instance, historical events?

FutureOfToday

FutureOfToday

• Members
  • 4,028 posts
  • LocationMaidstone, UK
The future timeline also covers "historical events", such as 9/11, so I think it definitely would be appropriate for the past timeline to as well.

davtk8

davtk8

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

What about everything up until now (15/02/2014), shouldn't your posts be in the past-timeline section when you launch the site?

How do you plan on moving posts to (pasttimeline.net) that are no longer in the future?

raxo2222

raxo2222

e^x

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationCanada, AD 2100, December 31st.

How past timeline is going?

BTW did you noticed, that time seems "slow down" (methaphorically speaking) past point of Earth's formation?

That would be around 9 billions years after Big Bang.

Any technology sufficiently advanced is indistinguishable from magic.* - A. Clarke
Any magic sufficiently analyzed is indistinguishable from technology.** - Somewhere from Internet

*Relatively, comparing to rest of world. Go back in time with modern tech. **Lets assume its working only in fantasy/simulated world. Go forward in time with unicorns.

StanleyAlexander

StanleyAlexander

Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts
  • LocationBoston, Tomorrow

BTW did you noticed, that time seems "slow down" (methaphorically speaking) past point of Earth's formation?

Earth's formation is one snapshot of the continual, exponential evolution (i.e. your avatar) of information that has characterized the universe for its entire history.  The "six epochs of evolution" described by Kurzweil and others exemplifies this well:

Epoch 1. Physics and Chemistry

At the beginning of the universe, all information existed at the subatomic level.

Epoch 2. Biology and DNA
With the beginning of life on Earth, genetic information was stored in DNA molecules, and yet organisms takes [sic] thousands of years to evolve. 

Epoch 3. Brains
Evolution produced increasingly complex organisms. The birth of the brain allowed organisms to change their behavior and learn from past experiences.

Epoch 4. Technology
Humans evolved into organisms with the ability to create technology. We are right now in the final stages of this epoch.

Epoch 5. The Merger of Human Technology with Human Intelligence
Biology and technology will begin to merge in order to create higher forms of life and intelligence.

Epoch 6. The Universe Wakes Up
Theis epoch will see the birth of super-intelligence, and with it, humans/machines expanding into the Universe.

Note that the time between each epoch decreases exponentially.

Humanity's destiny is infinity

raxo2222

raxo2222

e^x

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationCanada, AD 2100, December 31st.

Earth's formation is one snapshot of the continual, exponential evolution (i.e. your avatar) of information that has characterized the universe for its entire history.  The "six epochs of evolution" described by Kurzweil and others exemplifies this well:

Epoch 1. Physics and Chemistry

At the beginning of the universe, all information existed at the subatomic level.

Epoch 2. Biology and DNA
With the beginning of life on Earth, genetic information was stored in DNA molecules, and yet organisms takes [sic] thousands of years to evolve. 

Epoch 3. Brains
Evolution produced increasingly complex organisms. The birth of the brain allowed organisms to change their behavior and learn from past experiences.

Epoch 4. Technology
Humans evolved into organisms with the ability to create technology. We are right now in the final stages of this epoch.

Epoch 5. The Merger of Human Technology with Human Intelligence
Biology and technology will begin to merge in order to create higher forms of life and intelligence.

Epoch 6. The Universe Wakes Up
Theis epoch will see the birth of super-intelligence, and with it, humans/machines expanding into the Universe.

Note that the time between each epoch decreases exponentially.

I heard about that. I was talking about something else - how history timeline was written.

Any technology sufficiently advanced is indistinguishable from magic.* - A. Clarke
Any magic sufficiently analyzed is indistinguishable from technology.** - Somewhere from Internet

*Relatively, comparing to rest of world. Go back in time with modern tech. **Lets assume its working only in fantasy/simulated world. Go forward in time with unicorns.

davtk8

davtk8

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Any update?

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,942 posts
  • LocationLondon

I can't really do much with Past Timeline until the redesign for FT is complete. Thankfully, great progress is now being made on the latter! :)

I plan to take a week's holiday in early April, during which I'll be devoting almost 100% of my free time to both of these projects.

Basically - when FT is relaunched, PT will follow very quickly soon afterwards. It will be a simple case of duplicating the templates from one site to the other.

So yeah... my current best estimate:

FT relaunch = early/mid-April

PT launch = late April

• Zaphod, EVanimations, raxo2222 and 5 others like this

WithoutCoincidence

WithoutCoincidence

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts
  • LocationSomewhere above Zero Latitude.

Great to hear! 

Something more powerful than a supernova, more relentless than gravity, and more mysterious than a black hole, is our species when we set our minds to something.

FutureOfToday

FutureOfToday

• Members
  • 4,028 posts
  • LocationMaidstone, UK
Very exciting news, Will. I'm looking forward to seeing the new sites! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users