Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

What Green Technology Could Save the World?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Time_Traveller

Time_Traveller

Master of Time Travel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,066 posts
  • LocationRepublic of Jordan, 1 January 3025 C.E.

If you could snap your fingers and invent something that would cure a pressing global problem, what would it be?

From www.wired.com

The sites saying a cheap way to extract salt from seawater so we can drink it, What do members think?
I want to go ahead of Father Time with a scythe of my own.

H. G. Wells

OrbitalResonance

OrbitalResonance

Cosmic Emperor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts
  • LocationDeep Space
Easy desalination would be good. I would make the matter replicator thing from star trek.

We make our world significant by the courage of our questions and the depth of our answers. - Carl Sagan

CamGoldenGun

CamGoldenGun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts
  • LocationFort McMurray, AB. Canada.
I would make Fox News disappear. I think that would solve a lot of the world's problems. http://www.futuretim...tyle_emoticons/animate/banana.gif

Purifying salt water cheaply would be great but I think a cheap, efficient power source would be better. Like cold fusion.

mic of orion

mic of orion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts
  • Locationlondon
Just to add i love this forum, hopefully more ppl join in, as to what green technology could save us all, wind and solar power for starters.
It's dangerous to be right, when your government is wrong.
They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Nom du Clavier

Nom du Clavier

Brain in a body-shaped jar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Location/dev/random
No single technology on its own, but a limitless renewable power source would be a good start, with the benefit of allowing those other pesky problems like cheap desalination to be solved. So that's my #1 vote. (Directed at nobody in particular: I agree with Cam's position that Fox News is a big impediment to progress. It's a stretch to call a concerted misinformation campaign News, even if they focus on timely subjects. Watching Fox News is hazardous to your understanding of reality, but if you feel you must, be intellectually honest enough to give opposing views equal time before deciding for yourself what to believe. Nobody gets everything correct all the time, biased sources least of all.)
  • wjfox likes this
This amount of awesome cannot be from concentrate.

Prolite

Prolite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts
I think if cow farts could be captured and converted to fuel, than scientists might have a solid source of methane fuel as well as a way of better protecting our ozone.
I'm a business man, that's all you need to know about me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users