Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

Nanosatellite Will Look for Alien Worlds

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Time_Traveller

Time_Traveller

Master of Time Travel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,060 posts
  • LocationRepublic of Jordan, 1 January 3025 C.E.

The first tiny satellite to search for Earth like planets is scheduled to launch in 2012.

Posted Image

From www.technologyreview.com

Could this be the future of satellite life finding technology, What do members think and should it be on the imeline?
I want to go ahead of Father Time with a scythe of my own.

H. G. Wells

Azureous

Azureous

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
definitely possible and feasible! that's how i'd go about it anyway, but we need a more resource effective method of producing the probes as space is humongous! and we're gonna need a bunch of em! maybe self replication. but i think the article is worth a mention.
as a someone studying to become a nano-technologist, i find it very confusing when people call things nano when it doesn't have that much to do with nanotechnology.
i wonder what happens when someone actually creates a nano-machine will people realise that it is a great achievement or just another product and say nanotech was done 20 years ago with the ipod nano...
sorry just my personal rant http://www.futuretim...tyle_emoticons/animate/whistling.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users