Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

You know what the world needs? Romepunk

Rome Greece Gaul Romepunk Cyberpunk Dystopia

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,148 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda

I've been outlining such a thing for The-Story-That-Shall-Not-Be-Named, and I've got a few ideas for it

• Ranges from Renaissance times to cyberpunk-esque (essentially making it two things; its own genre and a subgenre)
  • Alternate History
  • Can be wholly realistic, or can include mysticism (especially if you wish to include old gods)
  • Rome: Superior, Unfallen

Here's what I have written for Romepunk in a doc. Should you not wish to deal with The-Crazy-One, ignore this.

Spoiler

Of course, this is referring to "Antique Romepunk." 

"Cyber Romepunk" is a bit more like this

Spoiler

Athens and the Hellenistic states come across as being the philosopher's land, the place of ultra-high quality and enlightenment. Rome, however, is the capital of it all. 

All in all, Cyber Romepunk is Cyberpunk with Latin and Greek everywhere instead of Japanese.

I can't find too many pictures on this, and "Romepunk" as a whole is nonexistent, surprisingly. But here are some images I could find.

brandon-liao-when-in-rome-1145x1080.jpg

wallpaper_total_war_rome_2_-_emperor_edinova_roma__soldiers_by_crisisomega-d34dcfuturistic_roman_era_by_jdcinnyc-d5zuzau7858973792_b48541a586_b.jpg

gladius-and-shield-vs-krabi-970x0.jpg

Cybergod.jpgRoman_Soldier_by_Dbreak.jpg

• leoking2000 likes this
Nobody's gonna take my drone, I'm gonna fly miles far too high!
Nobody gonna beat my drone, it's gonna shoot into the sky!

TheCyborg

TheCyborg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationCopenhagen

Did you know one of the pic is from Total War Rome II  :paladin:

Well "Romepunk" is new for me but when i hold all three punks up i can see a common: ARCHITECTURE

Cyberpunk is of course much high tech futurisk architecture with skycape in glass and steel much like Shobuya, Toyko.

Steampunk is of Victorian architecture and much much steel like the videogame Dishonored

Then Romepunk's architecture based on Rome-Greek architecture i can imagine

futuristic_city_by_graffiti_freak-d4tchy

Here a lot more stuff.

gamutHeavy.jpg

• Yuli Ban likes this

Unity

Unity

Information Organism

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,443 posts
Isn't WH40K loosely based around that. "Legions" of units dedicated to an "emperor" that go about conquering and are generally poorly educated. The only thing you're missing is the gods and the librarians seem to take up the role of cleric quite well.
  • EVanimations, Yuli Ban and RickyMcMoney like this

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,148 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda

40K is sorta Romepunk, yes.

Nobody's gonna take my drone, I'm gonna fly miles far too high!
Nobody gonna beat my drone, it's gonna shoot into the sky!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Rome, Greece, Gaul, Romepunk, Cyberpunk, Dystopia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users