Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

Technology Inside the University of Chicago's automated library

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Time_Traveller

Time_Traveller

Master of Time Travel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,064 posts
  • LocationRepublic of Jordan, 1 January 3025 C.E.

The University of Chicago has revealed how its automated, robotic Joe and Rika Mansueto Library will work.

The building, a mammoth sunlit elliptical dome fashioned from glass and steel, has no books, aisles or shelves to peruse. Instead it sits on top of a 50-foot-deep storage vault which archives the library's millions of volumes.

http://youtu.be/ESCxYchCaWI

I think the future of libraries be like the Chicago library, What do members think?
I want to go ahead of Father Time with a scythe of my own.

H. G. Wells

CamGoldenGun

CamGoldenGun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts
  • LocationFort McMurray, AB. Canada.
Yea i think a lot of storage is going this way, not just libraries. Like the video stated - they took the idea from current modern storage facilities. Makes sense too. Efficient, saves a LOT of space which means more information for libraries and more storage for businesses (and more money for storage facilities).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users