Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2016 US Presidential Election

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3855 replies to this topic

jjf3

jjf3

Not a Member of the Tea Party! Just a Concerned Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,046 posts
  • LocationHolmdel NJ/Tampa Fl

2012 US Presidential Election
2016 US Presidential Election ← You Are Here!
2020 US Presidential Election

Ok no matter how you look it. If Obama wins again in 2012 which at this point seems very reasonable to conclude. Or if Romney/Santorum somehow appeals to the broad majority of people in the country, then we should expect a very interesting race in 2015-2016. People will most likely be tired of Democrats if Obama wins so they won't have another shot at the White House once their Golden Boy Obama leaves. He will be beloved more than Clinton and any Democrat who runs after him will have to walk in Obama's shadow and ego. The Democrats are looking at a race similar to the GOP 2012 race. Either way, the GOP will have an easy time picking a favorite in 2016.

So, It will be the race for the Republicans again! Next election cycle we have a few albeit way better choices.

Florida Senator Marco Rubio

Tea Party Darling
Strong on Issues
Loyal Following
Money to win

Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty

Will he be the Jon Huntsman of 2016? He barely got acknowledged this time and was in the race for about a month before dropping out. This time in 2016 he can get his name out there and gather some momentum for a 2020 run or 2024 run.

John Elis "Jeb" Bush

Brother to George W. Bush. Enough said.

New Jersey Governor Christopher James "Chris" Christie

His media presence could probably compete with Obama's. Even the left's media hawks are obsessed with the overweight Governor. They don't know what he will do next, but does that make him Presidential material?

Wisconsin Congressman Paul Ryan

The epitome of what the republican party once stood for. He channels Ronal Reagan. He doesn't just pander money to his rich friends or spouts off religious talking points. He actually has a conservative record and in my mind is one of the only people who could challenge Marco Rubio.

Governor of Lousianna Piyush "Bobby" Jindal

The Rick Santorum of the 2016 election. Strong on social values. Has a record to defend Conservatives love him and he would be the first Indian to run for President! This guy isn't a complete moron either.

Governor of Utah Jon Huntsman

He is now on the board of his father's chemical company, Ford, and now creates his own medical center to fight cancer. The moderate republican has set himself up nicely with a proven track record to easily compete with Rubio and Ryan in 2016! Well, at least he'll be able to do better than 2012

What do you think of my choices?

"Did you really expect some utopian fantasy to rise from the ashes?" Thomas Zarek-- Battlestar Galactica.

Septentrion

Septentrion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
For nominations I we are probably going to get canidates from both sides that will be unappealing to the vast majority of American. Also, it's hard to predict wether the Replubican party will stay as it. The future timeline predicts a political revolvtion in 2020 because of the newer generation. When money becomes less of a factor and the internet become the major driving force behind elections is when actually change may start.

Those is don't comment about, I don't know about.

Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty
Weak Personality, don't see him becoming presendent.

Jeb Bush
Don't see him escaping the family arua. Could see him winning the nomination, not the presidency.

Chris Christie
Strong canidate, could unite the replubicans, or what's left of it. Might be president in 2017, and I don't see him solving anything.

Paul Ryan
Doesn't seem strong enough to race on a presidential level.
I think he's a bit to much of an actor. His budget plan would not have made that much of a difference for the national budget while making a big difference to congressmember's budget.

Jon Huntsman
Probably the best canidate to attract independents. Nomination would be a bigger changenge than the race for the presidency.
Note that he is the only canidate for the Replubicans this year who admits to Global Warming(mostly)

Ron Paul
Old. Might win if the circumstances are right, but will likely not run. He is the hardest canidate to predict.

It's quite likely for a unexpected canidate to arise from nowhere for both parties, especailly when people start getting angrier at thier party/goverment. Notice that no democrats were listed here, because no one has been talking about democrats this cycle. There also definately has to be something to fill the Ron Pual gap if he doesn't run again,

Edited by Septentrion, 21 February 2012 - 05:17 PM.

Because it's no longer 2015

jjf3

jjf3

• Members
  • 2,046 posts
The only reason you see the republicans being shaky this time is because there are no 'true' conservative republicans although Santorum seems to be the far rights choice right now. All the people listed above are pretty good choices for a republican nomination. Obama's approval rating is 45% right now. It was 80% when he got elected. There is no way he can keep on this current path and still maintain that momentum. He's going to be Bush to the majority of the country, but the far left. Just like how everyone really doesn't like Bush now except the far right. Not even Ron Paul, he is liberal on wars and drugs and doesn't appeal to the large majority of America. Who says his base needs someone else in 2016? They can just vote independent like they did before he switched over to the republican party. I know people who registered republican just to vote for him.
"Did you really expect some utopian fantasy to rise from the ashes?" Thomas Zarek-- Battlestar Galactica.

truthiness

truthiness

The Squire of Gothos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts
  • LocationKalamazoo MI
Did you leave out Mitch Daniels for some reason? What about some of the faces from 2008, such as Mike Huckabee or Sarah Palin? There are so many possible choices out there, really. I wouldn't rule out Rudy Giuliani or Condoleezza Rice - both are relatively unscathed from what seems like eons ago in the dark days of the Bush administration. And then there are wildcards like Rand Paul or Michael Bloomburg or 2016's crazy rich bastard (thinking of Fred Thompson, Herman Cain, Donald Trump, Steve Forbes, or Ross Perot). There's always at least one of those in there.
You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us, and the world will be as one

jjf3

jjf3

• Members
  • 2,046 posts

Did you leave out Mitch Daniels for some reason? What about some of the faces from 2008, such as Mike Huckabee or Sarah Palin? There are so many possible choices out there, really. I wouldn't rule out Rudy Giuliani or Condoleezza Rice - both are relatively unscathed from what seems like eons ago in the dark days of the Bush administration. And then there are wildcards like Rand Paul or Michael Bloomburg or 2016's crazy rich bastard (thinking of Fred Thompson, Herman Cain, Donald Trump, Steve Forbes, or Ross Perot). There's always at least one of those in there.

I forgot about Mitch Daniels. Don't know why. haha. Rudy Giuliani is going to be working for the Summer Olympics in 2016 no time for President. Maybe next time. Could Rice become the first women president? Or will she wind up as a Bauchmann, I don't think she's that extreme though. It will certainly be a very interesting race, but I think these will be the top ones or at least the front runners. I hope not many more people jump in. It seems they get bigger and bigger every cycle.

Septentrion

Septentrion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

The only reason you see the republicans being shaky this time is because there are no 'true' conservative republicans although Santorum seems to be the far rights choice right now. All the people listed above are pretty good choices for a republican nomination. Obama's approval rating is 45% right now. It was 80% when he got elected. There is no way he can keep on this current path and still maintain that momentum. He's going to be Bush to the majority of the country, but the far left. Just like how everyone really doesn't like Bush now except the far right.

Not even Ron Paul, he is liberal on wars and drugs and doesn't appeal to the large majority of America. Who says his base needs someone else in 2016? They can just vote independent like they did before he switched over to the republican party. I know people who registered republican just to vote for him.

There are serveral different conservative ideologies, which compete with each other. That's why there's a tea party. The main advantage the democrats have in this election is that they can stick to the default Canidate.

Conservatives
Democrats work for Satan, Replubicans work for Jesus.
Stay away from religion, and let people do as they wish.
Support the soldiers by sending them to more wars
Support the soldiers by bringing them home
Defend the constition.
Defend the constition, while not knowing anything about it.
Smaller government period
Smaller government except when it benefits me (most people)
Smaller, OVERPOWERING government
and it goes on.

Also about Ron Paul's base, I know a lot of people who say they support Ron Paul, and hardly hear the same for any other candidate. Ron Pual supporters are the young people who find the future of the country more important than MTV. I'm sure the reason many of them didn't vote last cycle is because they were not old enough. They may even become the Tea Party of the Democrats alongside OWS.

Because it's no longer 2015

shane_allen

shane_allen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
  • LocationMinnesotta
I think the reason all the 2012 candidates are weak is because Obama is a shoe-in and it'd be a waste of a good, clean run of a solid conservative candidate for 2016. With that said, Santorum, T. Paw and any other deeply religious candidates probably won't win, in my take on things. It seems like candidates that speak openly about how their religion mingles with their politics face major PR problems. Usually because they say stupid shit.

Check out /r/futuretimeline and voice you opinion on when various technologies will emerge.

Lux

Lux

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts
2016 US Presidential Election Predictions.

Blue Candidates
(Democrats)

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

LowLevelFunctionary: The Democrats will lose if Hillary is selected as the nominee.

Red Candidates
(Republicans)

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Grey Candidates
(Independents)

and most importantly, who will win, and will the 2016 elections mark any significant political change in America?

So folks... go on and predict. ^^

I will edit this post as new candidates emerge.

Also, will any blue or red states turn to the opposing party in the 2016 election?

Edited by Lux, 16 November 2012 - 11:42 AM.

Cody930

Cody930

An Apple Pie from Scratch

• Moderators
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey, US
My suspected candidates as of now are:

Democrats - Hilary Clinton, Andrew Cuomo, Elizabeth Warren (somewhat of a stretch IMO)

Republicans - Chris Christie, Jon Huntsman

Independents - Wild card. Not sure yet who'd pop up on the scene.

"Since we first emerged, a few million years ago in East Africa, we have meandered our way around the planet. There are now people on every continent and the remotest islands, from pole to pole, from Mount Everest to the Dead Sea, on the ocean bottoms and even, occasionally, in residence 200 miles up - humans, like the gods of old, living in the sky."

Lux

Lux

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts
Added ^^

Lux

Lux

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts
What do you think of Rand Paul's and Paul Ryan's eventual plans for racing?

Cody930

Cody930

• Moderators
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey, US
Thank you Lux. :) This will be interesting.

Off-topic (well not really still election-related sort of but in the past not future) but not too long ago I found a very nice PDF with a chart showing the evolution of US political parties. Figured anyone who is interested in the US's past on this might take a gander: http://www.davidwalb...ties_poster.pdf

Edited by Cody930, 14 November 2012 - 01:51 AM.

• KingstonDon likes this

"Since we first emerged, a few million years ago in East Africa, we have meandered our way around the planet. There are now people on every continent and the remotest islands, from pole to pole, from Mount Everest to the Dead Sea, on the ocean bottoms and even, occasionally, in residence 200 miles up - humans, like the gods of old, living in the sky."

Cody930

Cody930

• Moderators
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey, US

What do you think of Rand Paul's and Paul Ryan's eventual plans for racing?

I think Rand Paul will stick to congress for now. Paul Ryan may attempt to get himself in the race but we'll have to wait a bit more to see what he has to say.

MarcZ

MarcZ

Chief Flying Car Critic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,271 posts
  • LocationCanada
No, leave this thread until a year before the election. No one cares about American politics anymore for the time being. :)
  • Italian Ufo and Zaphod like this

Lux

Lux

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

No, leave this thread until a year before the election. No one cares about American politics anymore for the time being. :)

If you don't care, why write? ;)

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,190 posts
thats way too early,,,,we have to see what's going on in the world on political and economic level....but let me gamble on one thing... most likely the next president will be a woman...and if not in 2016 i am pretty sure it will happen in 2020

KingstonDon

KingstonDon

The Rationalist Monk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts
  • LocationKortrijk, Belgium

Thank you Lux. :) This will be interesting.

Off-topic (well not really still election-related sort of but in the past not future) but not too long ago I found a very nice PDF with a chart showing the evolution of US political parties. Figured anyone who is interested in the US's past on this might take a gander: http://www.davidwalb...ties_poster.pdf

Thank you very much Cody, I've been longing to come across a chart like this for some time now.

LowLevelFunctionary

LowLevelFunctionary

The Classical Liberal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts
Despite previous denials, I'm pretty sure Jeb Bush will be considered a serious Republican candidate unless he categorically rules himself out of the race. It's a gut feeling, but I sense that the Democrats would probably lose if Clinton stood for the nomination.

MarcZ

MarcZ

Chief Flying Car Critic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,271 posts
  • LocationCanada

If you don't care, why write? ;)

Not saying I don't care, I'm just saying it's kind of ridiculous that we are starting on the next election 4 years out...

Lux

Lux

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts
I have added Jeb Bush, and written the LLF consideration of Hillary.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users