Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

The Star Trek thread

star trek

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

Time_Traveller

Time_Traveller

Master of Time Travel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,066 posts
  • LocationRepublic of Jordan, 1 January 3025 C.E.

Star Trek: title and teaser for new TV series

23 Jul 2016 - 23:30

Here's some breaking news from San Diego Comic-Con: Bryan Fuller's new Star Trek TV series is going by the title Star Trek: Discovery. This first look teaser clip has also been released, confirming that 'Discovery' is the name of the new ship at the centre of the show.

Read more: http://www.denofgeek...r-new-tv-series

Ooo, The U.S.S. Discovery then hence the title, Luckily I have had netflix on my PS4/TV for quite awhile then.  :biggrin:  (Even though Brother's account)

Also let it be between the years 2400-99.

I want to go ahead of Father Time with a scythe of my own.

H. G. Wells

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 7,970 posts
  • LocationLondon

jamesgera

jamesgera

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts
What are all you fans hopeing for with the upcoming Star Trek show. I never been a big fan, didn't hate it or anything just never got into the shows. I liked the last 2 movies and plan on seeing the new one and watched like half of the Patrick Stewart series

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 7,970 posts
  • LocationLondon

caltrek

caltrek

• Members
  • 5,241 posts

What are all you fans hopeing for with the upcoming Star Trek show. I never been a big fan, didn't hate it or anything just never got into the shows. I liked the last 2 movies and plan on seeing the new one and watched like half of the Patrick Stewart series

I am hoping that the new series does not start another full scale flame war.  Seriously.  It is incredible how deeply felt some emotions are about Star Trek. It is even more incredible the extent some fans will go toward expressing their displeasure at "corporate headquarters."  I mean, I am talking felony level denial of service attacks, etc.  Anonymous are a bunch of wimps in comparison. Most of the hackers in question seem to be teenagers who probably are in more fear of their local PTA (Parents Teacher Association) then they are of the FBI or Scotland Yard.

Speaking of which, if I am out of line with these comments I would actively encourage Admin to delete this post.  Just sharing my perceptions of experiences on other forums regarding this topic. Not trying to ignite a flame war all by my lonesome self.

The principles of justice define an appropriate path between dogmatism and intolerance on the one side, and a reductionism which regards religion and morality as mere preferences on the other.   - John Rawls

jamesgera

jamesgera

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts
A flame war will happen either way. No matter what the subject is there will always be people who are against it. I mean if this show was to magically bring lenord nimoy RIP back to life and bring him onto the show to play spoke sorry if I got his name wrong, even if they did that they would still probably get a large amount of hate from people who would say the show isn't as good as the original.

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 7,970 posts
  • LocationLondon

Star Trek Discovery to feature female lead

The new Star Trek TV series is to centre on a female character, the show's executive producer has revealed.

Bryan Fuller said Star Trek Discovery will feature about seven lead roles, but will focus on a female lieutenant commander instead of the captain.

According to Deadline, it is thought the lead character will not be white in an effort to increase diversity.

Fuller also said the new show, which will air next year, will feature a gay character in the ensemble.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...t-arts-37043956

Time_Traveller

Time_Traveller

Master of Time Travel

• Members
  • 6,066 posts
  • LocationRepublic of Jordan, 1 January 3025 C.E.

Star Trek Discovery to feature female lead

The new Star Trek TV series is to centre on a female character, the show's executive producer has revealed.

Bryan Fuller said Star Trek Discovery will feature about seven lead roles, but will focus on a female lieutenant commander instead of the captain.

According to Deadline, it is thought the lead character will not be white in an effort to increase diversity.

Fuller also said the new show, which will air next year, will feature a gay character in the ensemble.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...t-arts-37043956

Hmm, It'll be interesting to see who it'll be and what the lieutenant commander will do in the show.

I want to go ahead of Father Time with a scythe of my own.

H. G. Wells

kjaggard

kjaggard

Artificer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,827 posts
  • Locationwhere fanciful imaginings and hard won knowledge meet to genesis the future.

http://www.space.com...ens-in-nyc.html

damn it this is something I would love to check out but of course it's 6 hours away in a time when the cost in money and health for such a trip would be too much for me.

Live content within small means. Seek elegance rather than luxury, Grace over fashion and wealth over riches.
Listen to clouds and mountains, children and sages. Act bravely, think boldly.
Await occasions, never make haste. Find wonder and awe, by experiencing the everyday.

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 7,970 posts
  • LocationLondon

Today is the 50th anniversary of the first ever Star Trek episode. :)

https://en.wikipedia...Original_Series

• Time_Traveller and Erowind like this

caltrek

caltrek

• Members
  • 5,241 posts

Fans of the original series might enjoy the site I have linked below.

GEORGE TAKEI

http://georgetakei.com/

Extract:

It is unfortunate that Bill was unable to join us for our wedding as he indeed was invited to attend. It is our hope that at this point he joins us in voting NO on Proposition 8, which seeks to eliminate the fundamental right for same-sex couples to marry in California.

By George Takei, October 22, 2008

g2.jpg

From the site.

This was just a small sample of what is available.  It is my understanding that Mr. Takei is also active on Twitter and Facebook. His Facebook site includes a comments section where you can post your own remarks...although I expect that such remarks would be subject to censorship by Mr. Takei or his assistants.  

The principles of justice define an appropriate path between dogmatism and intolerance on the one side, and a reductionism which regards religion and morality as mere preferences on the other.   - John Rawls

caltrek

caltrek

• Members
  • 5,241 posts

I couldn't have done better if I had made this story up:

Star Trek Cast Begs America To Dump Trump And Vote For Hillary

http://occupydemocrats.com/2016/09/30/viral-post-entire-star-trek-cast-begs-america-dump-trump-vote-hillary/

Introduction:

Over one hundred of the Star Trek television and movie series’ actors and producers have formed the official Trek Against Trump group and Facebook page. It’s the first time in the 50 year history of America’s long running, pluralistic space adventure series that they’ve departed the 23rd Century to make any form of political statement during an election year.

Included in the group are producer J.J. Abrams who rebooted the series on the big screen and both Zachary Quinto, Simon Pegg and Chris Pine who portray Captain Kirk, Scottie and Mr. Spock in the most recent trilogy of movies are committed to the group as well. Members of the original Star Trek cast participating in Trek Against Trump include George Takei whose fame has only escalated since portraying Hikaru Sulu on the original series, and Walter Koenig who played the Pavel Chekov, whose Russian-accented english was provocative to American audiences during the Cold War when the original series debuted. The actors who portrayed Commander William T. Riker and Lt. Commander Data, both William Frakes and Brent Spiner also signed onto the group

Extract From The Group's Statement:

https://www.facebook...887685388029999

Extract:

Star Trek has always offered a positive vision of the future, a vision of hope and optimism, and most importantly, a vision of inclusion, where people of all races are accorded equal respect and dignity, where individual beliefs and lifestyles are respected so long as they pose no threat to others. We cannot turn our backs on what is happening in the upcoming election. Never has there been a presidential candidate who stands in such complete opposition to the ideals of the Star Trek universe as Donald Trump. His election would take this country backward, perhaps disastrously. We need to elect a president who will move this country forward into the kind of future we all dream of: where personal differences are understood and accepted, where science overrules superstition, where people work together instead of against each other.

Have you just turned 18? Have you moved? Have you never voted before? Some states have early registration (early October) and/or absentee ballots. You can’t vote if you are not registered. So make it so. Go to https://www.rockthevote.com , a non-profit, non-partisan organization, and fulfill your civic duty. Because, damn it, you are a citizen of the USA, with an obligation to take part in our democracy! Do this not merely for yourself but for all the generations that follow. Vote for a future of enlightenment and inclusion, a future that will someday lead us to the stars.

14445181_886849541446917_342499248713778

caltrek

caltrek

• Members
  • 5,241 posts

With the election coming up this Tuesday, I just thought I would remind folks who the Star Trek actors are recommending (see above).

kjaggard

kjaggard

Artificer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,827 posts
  • Locationwhere fanciful imaginings and hard won knowledge meet to genesis the future.

Anybody find a young Zefram Cochrane yet? we should watch out for him and make sure we get him through world war 3 alright. It might not hurt to watch out for Kahn also. xD

Live content within small means. Seek elegance rather than luxury, Grace over fashion and wealth over riches.
Listen to clouds and mountains, children and sages. Act bravely, think boldly.
Await occasions, never make haste. Find wonder and awe, by experiencing the everyday.

caltrek

caltrek

• Members
  • 5,241 posts

For me, it is kind of surprising that George Takei is emerging as one of the most interesting of Star Trek actors:

https://en.wikipedia...ki/George_Takei

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 7,970 posts
  • LocationLondon

MetalSheep353

MetalSheep353

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationTX

i miss star trek

• Unity likes this

caltrek

caltrek

• Members
  • 5,241 posts

Star Trek: Discovery’ Finds Its Captain In Jason Isaacs

http://www.msn.com/e...ID=ansmsnnews11

Introduction:

Jason Isaacs (The OA) has been cast in Star Trek: Discovery for CBS All Access as Captain Lorca, Captain of the Starship Discovery. It is a major role opposite lead Sonequa Martin- Green in the series, which eyes a debut in late summer or fall.

Star Trek: Discovery will feature a new ship, new characters and new missions, while embracing the same ideology and hope for the future that inspired a generation of dreamers and doers.

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 7,970 posts
  • LocationLondon

caltrek

caltrek

• Members
  • 5,241 posts

The video was blocked here in the United States "on copyright grounds."

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: star trek

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users