Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

Expanding FTL? (wjfox HUGE opportunity)

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

Mike the average

Mike the average

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts
Just a small addition to interviews and other content, i think we should have a polled annual awards to things like 'Most influential futurist', 'Best book relating to the future', '10 best new ideas' etc. Obviously Elon Musk wouldnt want to know he won an award here lol but also targetting lesser knowns for an award might help get an interview?

Just as there are publications whose awards are regarded amongst the highest accolades in the world. There isnt really any giving of Futurist awards, so here at FT we could just make it the only Futurist award worth winning (because there isnt any other)
'Force always attracts men of low morality' - Einstein
'Great spirits always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds' - Einstein

caltrek

caltrek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,220 posts

Most members ever online in one day was 224, last accomplished on 28 Nov 2013.

Ok, now this is starting to really bug me.   How did we get from 224 members to an average of around 50?  

I almost take it personally since I think that peak was shortly before I arrived.  Was it something I said? 

The principles of justice define an appropriate path between dogmatism and intolerance on the one side, and a reductionism which regards religion and morality as mere preferences on the other.   - John Rawls

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,155 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda

Most members ever online in one day was 224, last accomplished on 28 Nov 2013.

Ok, now this is starting to really bug me.   How did we get from 224 members to an average of around 50?

Spambots. I think it was November 29th of 2013 that the forums got hit with the largest way of spam ever.

Nobody's gonna take my drone, I'm gonna fly miles far too high!
Nobody gonna beat my drone, it's gonna shoot into the sky!

BasilBerylium

BasilBerylium

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts
  • LocationArgentina

Spambots. I think it was November 29th of 2013 that the forums got hit with the largest way of spam ever.

How many?

caltrek

caltrek

• Members
  • 5,220 posts

How many?

Good question.  I suppose you estimate that by subtracting the average participation rate from when the spambots hit.

Any other ideas?

Also, maybe we should get spambots to return and then claim them as legitimate readers.  I mean if Trump can get away with it, then why can't we?

Oh, that is right. Never mind.  Leavenworth does not sound all that appealing to me.

The principles of justice define an appropriate path between dogmatism and intolerance on the one side, and a reductionism which regards religion and morality as mere preferences on the other.   - John Rawls

Alpha Centari

Alpha Centari

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
It'll be nice to see this forum grow in size. A 100,000 active members. That's the goal

Jakob

Jakob

Fenny-Eyed Slubber-Yuck

• Members
  • 5,244 posts
  • LocationIn the Basket of Deplorables

It'll be nice to see this forum grow in size. A 100,000 active members. That's the goal

No that would be much too big. One thing I like about this forum is that it's possible to keep track of everything that's going on here and still have time to spare for a life.

Click 'show' to see quotes from great luminaries.

Spoiler

Alpha Centari

Alpha Centari

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

No that would be much too big. One thing I like about this forum is that it's possible to keep track of everything that's going on here and still have time to spare for a life.

Not too me, I like big forums. More people to interact with

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users