Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

Refugee & Migrant Crisis

• Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,966 posts
  • LocationLondon

I can't believe we don't have a thread for this already, it's the biggest refugee crisis in decades.

Background info:

https://en.wikipedia...yrian_Civil_War

https://en.wikipedia..._migrant_crisis

---

Elon Musk says the refugee crisis is just a glimpse of what's to come if we ignore climate change

Billionaire visionary Elon Musk painted a bleak picture of the future on Wednesday when he said the current refugee crisis is just a glimpse of what we can expect if nothing is done to address climate change.

“Today’s refugee problem is perhaps a small indication of what the future will be like if we do not take action with respect to climate change,” Musk said during his opening remarks at a business seminar organized by the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy in Berlin on Thursday.

“Today the challenge is based on millions of people, but in the future, based on what the scientific consensus is the problem will be hundreds of millions and much more severe,” he said.

Musk drove his point home by asking “In 20, 30, 40 years in the future what do you say to your kids or your grandkids?...When they ask ‘Why didn’t you do anything?’ What will you tell them?”

Read more: http://www.techinsid...e-change-2015-9

• Zeitgeist123, illykitty and nomad like this

nomad

nomad

The Darkness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

The chances of people acting in a responsible way to prevent mass climate refugees is near zero. Massive suffering, hopelessness, and unrest. Overcrowding and unemployment in an already overcrowded world with double digit unemployment being the norm.

All the logical conclusions are grim.

• wjfox likes this

Cats.

Raklian

Raklian

An Immortal In The Making

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,512 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

The chances of people acting in a responsible way to prevent mass climate refugees is near zero. Massive suffering, hopelessness, and unrest. Overcrowding and unemployment in an already overcrowded world with double digit unemployment being the norm.

All the logical conclusions are grim.

Don't forget that these refugees have a somewhat irrational expectation of what the West can offer to them, thinking it's bountiful with everlasting peace, jobs, food, etc.

• wjfox, eacao, nomad and 1 other like this
What are you without the sum of your parts?

PhoenixRu

PhoenixRu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,518 posts
  • LocationRussia

I can't believe we don't have a thread for this already, it's the biggest refugee crisis in decades.

Hmm... I suspect that's because nearly everyone here are afraid to even start discussing such a thing without being accused in "racism" or "Islamophobia" or something like that.

PS according to Niall Ferguson, with current trends, by 2050 more than half of British population will be either Muslims or people of Muslim origin. I think he's a bit exaggerating, but ethno-religious structure will certainly be different than it is now, that will have a huge impact on national mindset and culture, which will have a huge impact on everything else...

• Maximus likes this

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

"And the Russian land, let God keep it! Under heavens, there is no other land like this. And although Russian nobles are not righteous neither kind, let God arrange the Russian land and give us enough justice" - Afanasy Nikitin, medieval traveler of XV century.

MarcZ

MarcZ

Chief Flying Car Critic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,241 posts
  • LocationCanada

I suspect it is more that people just don't care actually.

nomad

nomad

The Darkness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

We know the suffering, what else to analyze? The possible threats these refugees and their camps will pose? Cesspools of disease. Large amounts of unsatisfied people looking for any out from their situation who can be easily manipulated. Breeding grounds for wannabe terrorists and revolutionaries. Integrated into communities some will form or join gangs. More unskilled labor flooding into places with pre-existing double digit unemployment. Watch as the walls around "gated communities" rise ever higher.

• wjfox and joe00uk like this

Cats.

joe00uk

joe00uk

Marxist-Leninist Futurist ☭

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts
  • LocationUK

I'll save myself some typing and simply post this video:

• wjfox, illykitty, Mike the average and 1 other like this

"The Proletarians have nothing to lose but their chains." - Karl Marx
"A revolution is not a dinner party, or writing an essay, or painting a picture, or doing embroidery; it cannot be so refined, so leisurely and gentleso temperate, kind, courteous, restrained and magnanimous. A revolution is an insurrection, an act of violence by which one class overthrows another."  - Mao Zedong

Sponsky

Sponsky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I just heard about this website, and made an account to specifically get an answer(?) out of the question. 

its mentioned in 2070 islam is the largest religion.  but there is also no real mention about the refugee crisis or really anything relating to it in any of the predictions.

my conclusion, if these predictions are correct, is that by mid 2016, the whole thing has calmed down and a system is in place to integrate them.

OR

The refugees will cause great disruption, that will lead to a global effort to quickly erradicate extremist groups over the next several years.

my guess is ISIS will be destroyed by 2019, UN and global intervention will leave by mid 2022, to make way for increasing aid and returning refugees, which will start on 2020.

The result of this success in defeating ISIS and other extremist groups, and with the help of the UN and the other aid groups, the middle east will be rebuilt.  This will boost employment worldwide, as in the beginning many things will need to be manufactured, which can be done globally.  the things will be shipped to these places, where foreign aid workers, and returning refugees will work side by side for a while to rebuild the country.  Work will be done to create factories, and when they are up and functional, global support of material aid will taper off.  Employment will slowly begin to rise as demand decreases, and the west will suffer a recession

As a result there will be a marginal amount of immigration to the middle east, including refugees who stayed out of the middle east, and will result in a homogenization of ethnic backgrounds across several regions.  This influx of immigrants to the middle east, as well as many great minds being behind the boom of the revival of the middle east, will cause many countries to soar into the first world.

This is why by 2030 the muslim population will be drastically increasing, as life is stable again in the middle east.  The USA will also slip as a world power, because they have been using military power as a crutch for the last 50 years or so, and as the middle east settles, they will lose their intrinsic "terrorist fighter" value.

In addition, because of the boom in the middle east, and because of the step down of USA as a world power, the EU will face great economical problems, as they were using the USA as a crutch as well.  The EU will most likely dissolve and a new strategy must be formed.

Well, these are just  my thoughts on the future.  I smoke a lot of weed and read the news from as many possible sources as I can, then try to guess what will happen in the future based on what i know from current events, history from my life, history i've learned from school, and history i've learned through my own research.  It's kinda my hobby.

frankly i'm kinda disappointed, because i figured by 2045, due to the US slipping, depending on the political situation at the time, the US may try to stage an attack by russian soldiers, and start a war.  Like I said, it depends on the political situation between russia and US. depending on how the current Russian intervention in syria goes, and the global intervention to stop ISIS, that may all go out the window, and the US could be buddy-buddy with russia.  who knows, its the future right?

Outlook

Outlook

Muslim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts
  • LocationWherever Alien Observer by Grouper could be played.

PS according to Niall Ferguson, with current trends, by 2050 more than half of British population will be either Muslims or people of Muslim origin. I think he's a bit exaggerating, but ethno-religious structure will certainly be different than it is now, that will have a huge impact on national mindset and culture, which will have a huge impact on everything else...

Good news for me!
Everything is predefined.

PhoenixRu

PhoenixRu

• Members
  • 2,518 posts
  • LocationRussia

Good news for me!

Definitely not. Your family emigrated from Libya to Canada... so, let me guess, you will not be happy if (theoretically) Canada will become another new Libya.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

"And the Russian land, let God keep it! Under heavens, there is no other land like this. And although Russian nobles are not righteous neither kind, let God arrange the Russian land and give us enough justice" - Afanasy Nikitin, medieval traveler of XV century.

Outlook

Outlook

Muslim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts
  • LocationWherever Alien Observer by Grouper could be played.

Definitely not. 

Not really, if a family immigrates to a new country, the native population will be culturally dominant. The next generation will grow up in this culture and be the same as any other citizen, except they're more knowledgeable about the world around them as they own global connections. I know this because I'm a migrant, who is part of a migrant community, which also happens to be part of a larger migrant community that is seeing quite a cultural trend among 2nd generation immigrants. If by 2050, 50% of Britain is Muslim, then what you'll see is not a new caliphate, what you'll see is standard British democracy, and this time the politicians are not only moderate Christians, but moderate Muslims as well. Although, realistically, it seems that a 50% Muslim Britain is unlikely with the growth of Atheism in the western world replacing Abrahamic religions in the region. 

so, let me guess, you will not be happy if (theoretically) Canada will become another new Libya.

That's a rather prejudiced phrase. What's occurring in Libya is not a religious conflict, it's a political one. It makes as much sense as framing the Russian civil war as a religious conflict. 2 opposing powers which broke off after a failed elections not engaging in war while extremists take advantage is not a very Islamic situation, it's a situation in which groups people wish to hold more power than its opponent meaning it's a political conflict.

Everything is predefined.

MarcZ

MarcZ

Chief Flying Car Critic

• Members
  • 3,241 posts
  • LocationCanada

Alright, I've been debating whether to post this on this board for a while and wasn't even sure what I really wanted to call this thread but events in Sweden today have forced my hand. 

As everyone is probably aware or should be aware by now there was a major bunch of gang-refugee related sexual assaults in the German city of Cologne on New Year's Eve and that the information was originally suppressed by the German police, German media, and German establishment likely because they feared it would make the refugees look bad. Problem is the information got out and has literally trashed the reputations and credibility of many of the German institutions when it comes to handing refugees. It has trashed any hope that other E.U. states will share refugees now as now states like Poland and other Eastern European states will no longer even consider it. (Why should they if the German government isn't being trustworthy when it comes to policy outcomes with its own people, than why should they when it comes to them.) The far-right has literally exploded in popularity after these events and threatens to turbocharge it across Europe, and fuel huge Eurosceptcism. It is also illustrating that Germany cannot cope with these immigrants due to the pathetic police response to these incidents and if they can't control these kinds of things with their current resources imagine them trying to prevent a terrorist attack. The fact is Europe is in an incredibly dangerous position Merkel will almost certainly be ousted if there is another major incident involving refugees in her country (I say the likelihood of this happening by the end of the year is nearly 100%, there will likely be a Paris style attack on a major German city), and then there will be coordination on the integration so the already highly unlikely outcome of having successful of integration of these people will become a certain failure leading to social chaos for decades to come. 

But what is most disturbing is that it appears these types of events are not limited to Cologne. The city of Hamburg has also reported mass sex assaults by refugees on NYE and the numbers are getting insanely high. Then you have other countries with assaults or attempted assaults reported in Austria, Finland, and Sweden. Sweden though is becoming a social basket-case and the fabric of it's society is beginning to rip apart. Sweden has gone with its open door policy of the last 10 years from one of the safest countries for women in Europe to the rape capital of the Western world (some of this is due to changes in reporting standards, but a lot of it is an actual increase in rapes) as integration is not working and "ghettoization" is kicking in (kind of like in France except much worse). Even the leftist government has had to close the total open borders strategy it shared with Merkel recently to try to adjust while still saying that everything is fine. Until yesterday...

Reports are coming in that Swedish police and media covered up a massive series of gang-rapes outside a concert in 2014 committed by you guessed it... This has blown another hole in European credibility and it is going to fuel the further rise of the far-right like nothing else. We are now in a position where Europe is becoming a demographic time bomb that could lead to violence, chaos, and a new imported rape culture for years and the left doesn't want to admit it.

The left could be very well tarnished by all this and I have heard some very committed leftists literally turning to the right in the space of the last week over all this treachery (I'm already a libertarian-rightist so this doesn't really change my opinion of what was always a bad policy.) Some of the left realize the problem and are trying to take actions to show they won't accept this but others are totally far-gone. I can not tell you the astounding amount of hypocritical feminist articles coming out saying this rape culture is really the fault of white men or isn't important because white men do it too and that hogwash and we should continue to not be racist and support refugees. They may think pulling the racism card here works but they are in fact trashing their own feminism and left-wing movements doing so. No one is convinced by these arguments no one. 

This is getting so bad that it could shift all of European politics rightwards in a dramatic fashion. Merkel must stop the madness and must reimpose border controls immediately before she scars the social fabric of Europe for decades to come. 

• eacao, Futurist, PhoenixRu and 4 others like this

MarcZ

MarcZ

Chief Flying Car Critic

• Members
  • 3,241 posts
  • LocationCanada

Some further reading:

Sweden cover-up: http://www.telegraph...t-festival.html

Feminists discrediting their own cause blaming white men for this: http://www.newstates...-steal-feminism

• eacao likes this

MarcZ

MarcZ

Chief Flying Car Critic

• Members
  • 3,241 posts
  • LocationCanada

Oh I guess Merkel admitted they lost control of the refugee crisis today. Still not closing the borders though...

Let the clusterfuck of the century continue... 

http://news.national...gne-sex-attacks

nomad

nomad

The Darkness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

To be fair, it kind of IS white people's fault this is happening. They run the European countries. Despite the common sense that letting men from an ACTUAL rape-positive patriarchy into their country would be a bad idea they let them in anyways because too many of their leaders are cowards. A few racism/islamophobia accusations and some "all cultures are equally valid" rhetoric, and they rolled right over.

The same way white SJWs in the US roll over. The way white people act or what "affirmative action" style programs are put into place will never reduce the accusations of racism against white people. Only ceasing to reward racism accusations will do that. Accusations of racism I've had to put up with still hurt, are still fairly surprising, but never actually induce any kind of guilt anymore but just anger.

• voluntaryist and Recyvuym like this

Cats.

PhoenixRu

PhoenixRu

• Members
  • 2,518 posts
  • LocationRussia

For me, this migrant crisis only once again showed the level of insanity, rottenness and hypocrisy of literally all european institutions... I'm sure this is only the beginning, we'll see a lot of interesting (both funny and tragic) stuff during the next few years.

btw, another funny (or, to be exact, it would be funny if it wasn't so sad) news:

Dutch politicians to wear mini-skirts in defense of women’s rights

Yes, i'm damn sure it will help to solve the problem... it will help since potential rapists will be distracted from girls and switch their attention to shapely legs of those "young Dutch politicians". As for feminists with their "no-no, this is still white men fault!!!" hipocrisy, the answer is obvious: it is very easy, pleasant and safe activity: no any danger, only gains... other hand, go to migrant camp and blame Muslim men would be... well, you understand...

• joe00uk likes this

Mashallah

Mashallah

Transgender student

• Members
  • 2,332 posts
  • LocationSerbia

The most disturbing part of the Cologne's events was the mayor's reaction: she advised German women to dress modestly in order to not "provoke" Arabs.

• illykitty, Yuli Ban, Futurist and 5 others like this

I don't like being lied to, but I'm also tired of The Truth.

Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

MarcZ

MarcZ

Chief Flying Car Critic

• Members
  • 3,241 posts
  • LocationCanada

For me, this migrant crisis only once again showed the level of insanity, rottenness and hypocrisy of literally all european institutions... I'm sure this is only the beginning, we'll see a lot of interesting (both funny and tragic) stuff during the next few years.

I wouldn't be surprised if this whole affair is the straw that will break the E.U.'s back considering the free-passage between states thing is now dead.

Zaphod

Zaphod

Esteemed Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • LocationUK

If things continue I can very easily see the UK leaving the EU in 2017.

• MarcZ and Futurist like this

Ghostreaper

Ghostreaper

Hopelessly optimistic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts
  • LocationWest Midlands, UK

The most disturbing part of the Cologne's events was the mayor's reaction: she advised German women to dress modestly in order to not "provoke" Arabs.

Tbh dressing down a bit to avoid becoming a target for these predators isn't really disturbing, unless you mean the 'provoke' bit is disturbing in which case I agree.

• Futurist likes this

“If the genius of invention were to reveal to-morrow the secret of immortality, of eternal beauty and youth, for which all humanity is aching, the same inexorable agents which prevent a mass from changing suddenly its velocity would likewise resist the force of the new knowledge until time gradually modifies human thought.” 

Nikola Tesla - New York World, May 19th 1907 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users