Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

Refugee & Migrant Crisis

• Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic

Outlook

Outlook

Muslim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts
  • LocationWherever Alien Observer by Grouper could be played.

Despite the common sense that letting men from an ACTUAL rape-positive patriarchy

The middle east's rape rates are lower than Europeans rape rates. Even Israeli. Marital rape however is a different story.

%28A%29_Rape_rates_per_100000_population

Everything is predefined.

Ghostreaper

Ghostreaper

Hopelessly optimistic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWest Midlands, UK

Are those only counting reported incidents though? I was under the impression that the culture in most of the middle east sides with the aggressor and blames the victims causing most incidents to go unreported. 

• MarcZ, nomad, SkyHize and 2 others like this

“If the genius of invention were to reveal to-morrow the secret of immortality, of eternal beauty and youth, for which all humanity is aching, the same inexorable agents which prevent a mass from changing suddenly its velocity would likewise resist the force of the new knowledge until time gradually modifies human thought.” 

Nikola Tesla - New York World, May 19th 1907 

Unity

Unity

Information Organism

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,442 posts
Edited for unkind speech

Mashallah

Mashallah

Transgender student

• Members
  • 2,332 posts
  • LocationSerbia

The most disturbing part of the Cologne's events was the mayor's reaction: she advised German women to dress modestly in order to not "provoke" Arabs.

Tbh dressing down a bit to avoid becoming a target for these predators isn't really disturbing, unless you mean the 'provoke' bit is disturbing in which case I agree.

The part that those immigrants' rights are considered more important than the rights of the locals is disturbing.

• Futurist, SkyHize and voluntaryist like this

I don't like being lied to, but I'm also tired of The Truth.

Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

MarcZ

MarcZ

Chief Flying Car Critic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,241 posts
  • LocationCanada

Despite the common sense that letting men from an ACTUAL rape-positive patriarchy

The middle east's rape rates are lower than Europeans rape rates. Even Israeli. Marital rape however is a different story.

They only have low reporting because you get thrown in jail if you do. Because women are always treated as the whore in these cultures. Don't forget it. India is another suspiciously low rape reporting statistic. But then this is a Useless Nations report and I would question its comprehensiveness and objectivity.

• eacao, Futurist, nomad and 2 others like this

Outlook

Outlook

Muslim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts

Are those only counting reported incidents though? I was under the impression that the culture in most of the middle east sides with the aggressor and blames the victims causing most incidents to go unreported. 

Yes that would be true. According to the UNODC report there are also different definitions of rape that cause for differences in rates:

The number of recorded rapes is relatively small

since these offences are rarely reported to the
police. Because of the very sensitive nature of the
offence, it has been concluded that also
victimisation surveys underestimate the number
of rapes. Rapes are mostly committed by males,
and the victims are women.1 The penal codes of
some countries define, however, rape as a gender
neutral offence (in the metadata some countries
explained that they could not follow the
standard definition given in the questionnaire
because according to their penal code the victim
could only be a woman). In the UNǦCTS data, the
rape rate is calculated per 100,000 population.
Therefore the rates for the female population,
being the principal victims, are in practice twice
as high as those presented in this chapter.
Southern Africa, Oceania and North America
have the highest recorded rape rates, Asia the
lowest. The differences between the regions are
large. The comparability between the regions is
limited because many figures from developing
countries are from older surveys (e.g. no data
were provided for Southern Africa in the most
recent Crime Trends survey).

The differences between the rape rates of
individual countries are large in the highest
quartile (figure 5, table 3 in the Annex). This
indicates that the definition of rape is likely to be
broader in North America, for instance in
Canada (Canada’s comment in the metadata:
“Data includes sexual assaults, i.e. any physical
sexual contact (includes touching) with a person
against their will or without proper consent and
may or may not include sexual intercourse.”),
compared to the European countries.

Ghostreaper

Ghostreaper

Hopelessly optimistic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

The most disturbing part of the Cologne's events was the mayor's reaction: she advised German women to dress modestly in order to not "provoke" Arabs.

Tbh dressing down a bit to avoid becoming a target for these predators isn't really disturbing, unless you mean the 'provoke' bit is disturbing in which case I agree.

The part that those immigrants' rights are considered more important than the rights of the locals is disturbing.

I suppose context is required here, her statements can be seen as:

1. Accusatory towards the victims at not doing enough to keep predators from targeting them,

or 2. That there are predators on the streets and while we are trying to restore peace and order unfortunately we can not instantly remove or arrest all of them overnight so please do as much as you can to avoid being targeted. 

Without seeing the full context and exactly what she meant by the statements I will refrain from taking sides as both meanings could be taken from the single line that you quoted. However I do think she should have worded it better and not said 'provoke' as that leans towards a sympathetic view for the aggressors. 

“If the genius of invention were to reveal to-morrow the secret of immortality, of eternal beauty and youth, for which all humanity is aching, the same inexorable agents which prevent a mass from changing suddenly its velocity would likewise resist the force of the new knowledge until time gradually modifies human thought.” 

Mashallah

Mashallah

Transgender student

• Members
  • 2,332 posts
  • LocationSerbia

I suppose context is required here, her statements can be seen as:

1. Accusatory towards the victims at not doing enough to keep predators from targeting them,

or 2. That there are predators on the streets and while we are trying to restore peace and order unfortunately we can not instantly remove or arrest all of them overnight so please do as much as you can to avoid being targeted. 

Without seeing the full context and exactly what she meant by the statements I will refrain from taking sides as both meanings could be taken from the single line that you quoted. However I do think she should have worded it better and not said 'provoke' as that leans towards a sympathetic view for the aggressors. 

http://www.dw.com/en...gers/a-18962430

http://www.dw.com/en...tims/a-18962917

I don't like being lied to, but I'm also tired of The Truth.

Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Ghostreaper

Ghostreaper

Hopelessly optimistic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

I hope the next paragraph is understood in the right way.

I've seen the arm's length thing which I think was a very stupid thing for her to suggest, especially the added "so that such things do not happen to them" which is very victim blaming. However my first response was in regard to the line that you originally quoted suggesting that they dress modestly to avoid being targeted. While it is a far cry from what needs to be done to stop these attacks it isn't a disturbing suggestion in and of itself. Words spoken by a city mayor will have no more effect on these assailants than they would have on a hurricane and therefore the second best thing to suggest is how victims can help to avoid being targeted.

I hope you get my meaning with this as I whole heartedly disagree with the Mayor's suggestions overall and it was simply that one line that I was replying to.

Outlook

Outlook

Muslim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts

Buying pepper-spray is what the mayor of Cologne should've advised.

• eacao, GenX, Mashallah and 3 others like this

Ghostreaper

Ghostreaper

Hopelessly optimistic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Or that :)

voluntaryist

voluntaryist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

This reminds me of a story out of Australia from 2005, wherein Muslim immigrants were molesting women at a particular beach, who eventually got badly beaten when the local men had had enough.  I predict a similar, yet stronger response here (as this has come on the heels of the two incidents from France last year, a LONG history of such activity in Sweden, etc.).  

• nomad likes this

voluntaryist

voluntaryist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Well gee, look at that, Sweden has a sky high rate BECAUSE of Muslim immigrants.  Could you get any more disingenuous with your reference to high "European" rates of rape?!

• PhoenixRu and Don Fatale like this

Outlook

Outlook

Muslim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts

Sweden's rape rate is high because of their broad definition of rape, and their greater efficiency in reporting rape.  

http://www.bbc.com/n...gazine-19592372

Sweden's rape rate would be 2.7 per 100,000 if it followed "normal" definitions of rape. In Sweden the murder rate has decreased by 0.86 in 2011, despite growing numbers of muslim immigrants, showing no correlation between violent crime and muslim immigration.

• Zeitgeist123 and Recyvuym like this

Outlook

Outlook

Muslim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts

https://www.reddit.c...f_the_world_no/

Frizz

Frizz

fey pansexual alcoholic non-human

• Members
  • 2,335 posts
  • Locationsomewhere over the rainbow

This reminds me of a story out of Australia from 2005, wherein Muslim immigrants were molesting women at a particular beach, who eventually got badly beaten when the local men had had enough.  I predict a similar, yet stronger response here (as this has come on the heels of the two incidents from France last year, a LONG history of such activity in Sweden, etc.).

The cronulla riots had nothing to do with sexual assault, it was hundreds of racist rednecks beating up Lebanese teenagers.

https://www.google.c...6d7lTy6kcNjvBXw
  • Zeitgeist123 and Recyvuym like this
“Give me time and I’ll give you a revolution.”
- Alexander McQueen

voluntaryist

voluntaryist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Sweden's rape rate is high because of their broad definition of rape, and their greater efficiency in reporting rape.  

http://www.bbc.com/n...gazine-19592372

Sweden's rape rate would be 2.7 per 100,000 if it followed "normal" definitions of rape. In Sweden the murder rate has decreased by 0.86 in 2011, despite growing numbers of muslim immigrants, showing no correlation between violent crime and muslim immigration.

So the rape crisis there is complete fiction?  Blonde women there aren't dying their hair to avoid rape?

voluntaryist

voluntaryist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

The cronulla riots had nothing to do with sexual assault, it was hundreds of racist rednecks beating up Lebanese teenagers.

https://www.google.c...6d7lTy6kcNjvBXw

I have a very good memory, and I recall that there were allegations of fondling (as well as cat calling, though that doesn't rise to an actual property rights violation, but it's still shitty behavior if it's clearly not appreciated).  

voluntaryist

voluntaryist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Hell, the link that you provided even states:  "One media report stated that there was already tension between the community and Lebanese youths before this event and people, particularly women, claimed to have been harassed, almost daily, by "groups of young Lebanese men" attempting to "pick them up" and describing the women as being "Aussie sluts""

Zeitgeist123

Zeitgeist123

• Members
  • 1,801 posts
"...a cartoon drawn by the magazine’s Laurent Sourisseau (“Riss”). It features Alan Kurdi, the refugee child who was famously found dead, face-down in water last year as his family tried to escape Syria.

The caption for the cartoon basically asks what Kurdi would have become if he had grown up. The answer? One of the people who allegedly sexually assaulted women in Cologne, Germany...

The joke isn’t about the boy. It’s not about refugees. It’s not about Muslims. It’s a criticism of bigots — like Donald Trump and other conservatives in the U.S. — who think we should close off the borders to all refugees because they’re rapists or terrorists.

Riss is basically saying: Really? All refugees are bad? Even that innocent little boy?"

nuff said.

• joe00uk likes this

“Philosophy is a pretty toy if one indulges in it with moderation at the right time of life. But if one pursues it further than one should, it is absolute ruin." - Callicles to Socrates

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users