Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

What Makes You Feel Old?

2016 2017 2000 1994 1970 2006 1996 1986 Nostalgia Nostalgic

• Please log in to reply
287 replies to this topic

_SputnicK_

_SputnicK_

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationUSA

90s kids are adults now

This is kind of terrifying. Now that is 2018, there are officially no "90s kids" left. The youngest ones, born in 1999, all turned 18 before the start of 2018.

Dude, you're younger than I am and I feel very young--you have no right to feel old!

You're right. It was more of a "wow everyone I know is becoming an adult now" than "wow I feel old". Although reaching the age that many consider the beginning of adulthood does feel a bit strange in itself  ;)

Ah, that's right--I see from your profile page that you just reached that milestone. Congrats, by the way.

Thanks, I appreciate it. In the end its just a number. I don't really feel any different being "18". 

"We will soon create intelligences greater than our own. When this happens, human history will have reached a kind of singularity, an intellectual transition as impenetrable as the knotted space-time at the center of a black hole, and the world will pass far beyond our understanding." -Vernor Vinge, 1983

BasilBerylium

BasilBerylium

|\_|¯\_/O\_/¯|_/|

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts
  • LocationArgentina

BasilBerylium

BasilBerylium

|\_|¯\_/O\_/¯|_/|

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts
  • LocationArgentina

funkervogt

funkervogt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Something recently made me feel old. After seven years, I bought a new desktop PC from Amazon and then went to several stores (Best Buy, Walmart, Staples) to buy a Wireless internet card (green microchip, short black antenna coming out of the back). None of them had it, and none of the sales associates had any clue what I was talking about except another thirtysomething at Staples. It turned out my desktop came with a small, built-in WiFi card, which I had no idea became standard several years ago. 

• Yuli Ban likes this

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,251 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda

Here's something: people born after the Second Iraq War are now teenagers. Some of whom are learning about the war in their high school sophomore classes. My generation (those born at the latter end of the Millennials birth years) grew up knowing 9/11 and Iraq to be connected somehow, a la that scene in Family Guy where Peter keeps trying to say that Iraq was responsible for 9/11 whereas Brian has to point out that it was actually a motley crew of Arabians sans Iraqis working for another Saudi guy in the boondocks of Afghanistan/Pakistan*. This generation probably only knows Iraq for ISIS and always connected 9/11 to Afghanistan/Pakistan. I bet some don't even know who Saddam Hussein is. And you can hold a full, logical conversation with someone who wasn't even born when the Great Recession began (and ended)!.

Edit: This scene.

• Casey and BasilBerylium like this
Nobody's gonna take my drone, I'm gonna fly miles far too high!
Nobody gonna beat my drone, it's gonna shoot into the sky!

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,251 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda

Straight from 2006! Best watched in 144p

My favorite pixel was the one on the top left.

• BasilBerylium likes this
Nobody's gonna take my drone, I'm gonna fly miles far too high!
Nobody gonna beat my drone, it's gonna shoot into the sky!

BasilBerylium

BasilBerylium

|\_|¯\_/O\_/¯|_/|

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts
  • LocationArgentina

I remember this from internet.

funkervogt

funkervogt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Mia Kirshner is playing a TV character who is a grown man's mom. 

https://io9.gizmodo....cove-1819038485

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2016, 2017, 2000, 1994, 1970, 2006, 1996, 1986, Nostalgia, Nostalgic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users