Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

What Makes You Feel Old?

2016 2017 2000 1994 1970 2006 1996 1986 Nostalgia Nostalgic

• Please log in to reply
237 replies to this topic

Zeitgeist123

Zeitgeist123

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts

when its 2016 and you still feel like it is just 2001 even though you know its already 2016. also, this guy

600full-axl-rose.jpg

is now this guy:

hqdefault.jpg

miscellaneous prize:

joey.jpg

“Philosophy is a pretty toy if one indulges in it with moderation at the right time of life. But if one pursues it further than one should, it is absolute ruin." - Callicles to Socrates

Spacekitty

Spacekitty

Dusk Cypher - Instigator of Transcendence

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • LocationHuman Shell Unit Version 1.0

What makes me feel old is whenever I remember my PS1. my first ever games console. What makes me feel older is knowing the crappy position the entire world is in and knowing that we wont stop going down this path no matter what we do, even if it costs us extinction at the end of the tunnel

I will instigate the singularity!

Outlook

Outlook

when you penetrate the most high god

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts
  • LocationHyperion

I wouldn't say this makes me old, but it makes me feel really really new. I'm looking at Queen's hits, and I have to say it feels so weird knowing these were 25 years before I was born, and 41 years before now. This man with fucked up teeth, singing so passionately seems so new, but he's dead. The rest of the band members are old. But it's weird to think that the youth that were culturally and musically raised under these musicians is reminiscent of my current youth and culture. Now the old youth is somewhere in their 50s and 60s. For them, their 2016 is my 2050. Many of those teens who were watching A New Hope now see my generation watching The Force Awakens. Somebody 16 back then would be 55 right now visiting the theater reminiscing. When I'm 55, it'll be 2054/55. It's weird. Many of those 55 year old probably won't be alive by that time. Harrison Ford will be dead, and so will the last 3 living members of Queen.

• Soundwave likes this

https://mail.google.com

Gmail is the easiest, and most hastle free email service the internet can provide you. It will not bar you from your email during vacation, or give you stupid recovery questions. Gmail: The Easy Solution

Guest_Northward_*

Guest_Northward_*
  • Guests
I'm an old soul, so existing makes me feel old.... *Laughs*

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,897 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda

http://futuretimelin...ws-f23s225.html

Nobody's gonna take my drone, I'm gonna fly miles far too high!
Nobody gonna beat my drone, it's gonna shoot into the sky!

Ghostreaper

Ghostreaper

Hopelessly optimistic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts
  • LocationWest Midlands, UK

I got a Walkman for my 16th Birthday

“If the genius of invention were to reveal to-morrow the secret of immortality, of eternal beauty and youth, for which all humanity is aching, the same inexorable agents which prevent a mass from changing suddenly its velocity would likewise resist the force of the new knowledge until time gradually modifies human thought.” 

Nikola Tesla - New York World, May 19th 1907 

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • 16,897 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda

https://www.reddit.c...d_in_17/d0qu8ys

I can't escape it. I can't. I tried to not talk about feeling old today after deciding against looking for something of that sort, and here is something new. I can't run away from time.

Raklian

Raklian

An Immortal In The Making

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,450 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

https://www.reddit.c...d_in_17/d0qu8ys

I can't escape it. I can't. I tried to not talk about feeling old today after deciding against looking for something of that sort, and here is something new. I can't run away from time.

But if we all become immortal... will we be this nostalgic about things long gone, hmm?

What are you without the sum of your parts?

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • 16,897 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda

https://www.reddit.c...game_console_i/

BasilBerylium

BasilBerylium

idk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Anyone born in the year 2001? (I dont speak english)

Spoiler

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • 16,897 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda

Anyone born in the year 2001?

*Sniffles*
T.T
*Sniffles*

Nnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

BasilBerylium

BasilBerylium

idk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Anyone born in the year 2001?

*Sniffles*
T.T
*Sniffles*

Nnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

lol

Seriously, someone here uses the Internet since his "Neolithic" times. (-1995 - 2008)

Also it would be quite interesting to see how the life has been When the information took hours instead of minutes in be transmited.

voluntaryist

voluntaryist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

The first house that I lived in (from 1978 to 1988) had a rotary phone in the kitchen.  

BasilBerylium

BasilBerylium

idk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

And the phone still works?

Maximus

Maximus

Spaceman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts
  • LocationCanada

Knowing that I'm part of the last generation that knew a world without smartphones. Also, I know how stereotypical this is of the older generation, but kids these days have the god damn worst music ever. All they listen to is shitty "trap" music; awful beats interspersed with unintelligible grunts/words. Damn depressing.

• Sciencerocks, nomad and rennerpetey like this
If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done. -Peter Ustinov

BasilBerylium

BasilBerylium

idk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Knowing that I'm part of the last generation that knew a world without smartphones. Also, I know how stereotypical this is of the older generation, but kids these days have the god damn worst music ever. All they listen to is shitty "trap" music; awful beats interspersed with unintelligible grunts/words. Damn depressing.

Well that's true, the XX century was the boom of the music, but also are the years in where the art died

Spoiler

• Maximus and rennerpetey like this

voluntaryist

voluntaryist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

And the phone still works?

I haven't seen it since 1988, as per my post.  

nomad

nomad

Darkness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Remembering watching the events of 9/11 unfold Live with a room full of terrified classmates.

America First.

Soundwave

Soundwave

Am I banned now?

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Seeing young kids have a blank stare when you talk about pokemon from the honen world. They only know unova and a few other worlds. They dont know who misty is.

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • 16,897 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda

It's 2016

APRIL 2016. 

I went to sleep some night in January 2001, and now it's April 2016. I'm reading about the exploits of artificial intelligence in the New York Times and watching videos of domestic humanoid robots playing with people in Japan. And looking at infographics about the Tokyo 2020 Olympics, saying that, if I can be arsed, I might watch them on a Vive virtual reality headset.

And reading about how the Cassini probe is being affected by the 9th planet and not thinking 'Wait, what is Cassini and why is Pluto affecting it?'. As well as watching a video of a man riding in an autonomous car, and being relatively unimpressed by it because I've seen a guy ride in an even more autonomous car. And will be going home to write more responses on a tiny little smartphone.

WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING. 

• joe00uk likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2016, 2017, 2000, 1994, 1970, 2006, 1996, 1986, Nostalgia, Nostalgic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users