Jump to content

Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Fourth Industrial Revolution: As Discussed By The World Economic Forum

World Economic Forum Fourth Industrial Revolution Artificial Intelligence Transhumanism Nanotechnology

  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1
Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

    Born Again Singularitarian

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,662 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA

The fucking World Economic Forum.

 

The 4th Industrial Revolution, which includes developments in artificial intelligence and machine-learning, robotics, nanotech, 3D printing, and genetics and biotech, will cause widespread disruption to labour markets over the next 5 years, with enormous changes in the skill sets needed to thrive.

 

http://www.weforum.o...rial-revolution

 

http://www.weforum.o...rial-revolution

 

The fucking World Economic Forum is discussing these fringe topics. 5 years ago, this was utterly inconceivable. Transhumanism? Artificial intelligence? Genetic engineering? That was the realm of geek circles on underground Internet forums, not the world's business elite

 

If the WEF is taking all this seriously, you know it's serious.

z4ufh7G.jpg


  • Casey likes this

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.


#2
Unity

Unity

    Information Organism

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,477 posts
They still talk about it as though it is a bit crazy. I think to make more comfortable those who are wealthy and influential, but not very... technologically up to date. It is a bit disappointing that they still have to preface their remarks with "this isn't the plot to a new scifi novel" etc.

#3
Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

    Born Again Singularitarian

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,662 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA

They still talk about it as though it is a bit crazy. I think to make more comfortable those who are wealthy and influential, but not very... technologically up to date. It is a bit disappointing that they still have to preface their remarks with "this isn't the plot to a new scifi novel" etc.

Consider that this is all new to most of their average readers as well. Imagine if you have absolutely no idea of futurology or anything about the Future Timeline, and your only source of any futuristic tech wank is from big budget Hollywood thrillers. And now suddenly, this well respected source that you feel is read by very serious people is talking about cybernetic transhumanist augmentations and artificial superintelligence as part of your every day life, unironically, without any catch.

Why wouldn't you preface it with something like that?


And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.


#4
Unity

Unity

    Information Organism

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,477 posts

 

Consider that this is all new to most of their average readers as well. Imagine if you have absolutely no idea of futurology or anything about the Future Timeline, and your only source of any futuristic tech wank is from big budget Hollywood thrillers. And now suddenly, this well respected source that you feel is read by very serious people is talking about cybernetic transhumanist augmentations and artificial superintelligence as part of your every day life, unironically, without any catch.

Why wouldn't you preface it with something like that?

 

Yuli ban you are being unfair!  You cannot criticize me here for this comment and then create a thread about putting the bourgeois into gulags!  You must allow us both to be assholes or neither! Haha.  If not I will accuse you of being a member of the bourgeois in because you only allow me 1% of critical comments while you keep the other 99% to yourself and I will throw you into a gulag.







Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: World Economic Forum, Fourth Industrial Revolution, Artificial Intelligence, Transhumanism, Nanotechnology

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users