Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

Britain pledges to cut carbon pollution in half by 2025 (from 1990 levels)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,939 posts
  • LocationLondon
Britain pledges to cut carbon pollution in half by 2025 (from 1990 levels)

May 17, 2011

Chris Huhne, Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change, told Parliament today that the UK government will formally adopt plans to cut its carbon dioxide pollution some 50% by 2023-2027 compared to 1990 levels.

The AP reports, “The goal is part of longer-term legal commitments to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 60 percent by 2030, and 80 percent by 2050.”

The NY Times notes this is one of “the world’s most ambitious goals for reducing greenhouse gas emissions — a striking example of a government committing to big environmental initiatives while also pursuing austerity measures.”

Read more: http://climateprogre...in-half-by-2025

Posted Image

Time_Traveller

Time_Traveller

Master of Time Travel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,060 posts
  • LocationRepublic of Jordan, 1 January 3025 C.E.
I think that we should cut down emissions by 2025 for a better country and future, also you'd better delete the duplicate one that i posted in politics?
I want to go ahead of Father Time with a scythe of my own.

H. G. Wells

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users