I decided to create this thread for actual news from Ukraine - the beautiful country with brave freedom-loving people, who dethroned the malevolent dictator and have chosen the way to European values... two years have passed since their Revolution of Dignity (formerly called Euromaidan) and this is the right time to draw some conclusions... During these two years even the most stubborn Ukrainians had to admit that:
- Post-revolutionary government consist of the same (if not worse) oligarchs and represent their interests.
- The "reforms" did not even started.
- The standard of living has fallen roughly by half. Only return to pre-Maidan times will take years and decades.
- Utility payments are almost equal to the average salary and will continue to grow (such is demand of IMF).
- EU openly declared that Ukraine will not join them during "at least next 20-25 years".
- USA not going to start WW3 to liberate Crimea for Ukraine.
- Proud moods like "we, the People, overthrew Yanukovych and the same way we'll overthrow the new regime if they not fullfil people's hopes" changed to timid pessimism: "life is shit and becoming worse and worse, but new maidan... no, thanks..." New regime has already demonstrated what will happen with possible protesters.
- Despite all of this, they even more fiercely hate those who predicted them their sad fate two years ago... these rare people called "traitors, Putin's agents and domestic separatists".
=== === ===
So, in this thread i (and others, of course) will post Ukraine-related news while you, guys, will blame me for lies and spread of Putin's propaganda. To start, let the Ukrainian intellectual elite to share their thoughts:
What can I say? Ukrainians, you DESERVED this, I am glad that this is happening to you now... there is some fundamental justice in all of this.
Edited by Yuli Ban, 27 June 2017 - 05:00 PM.
Added link to the old Ukrainian Conflict thread