Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

Ukraine Watch Thread

Ukraine politics news

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

Outlook

Outlook

Muslim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts
  • LocationWherever Alien Observer by Grouper could be played.

You're comparing 7% to 37.5%, and a green bus to a passenger plane shot down by a fighter jet missile.

Everything is predefined.

TranscendingGod

TranscendingGod

2020's the decade of our reckoning

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

You're comparing 7% to 37.5%, and a green bus to a passenger plane shot down by a fighter jet missile.

Also he is making it black and white when it simply isn't. It is quite possible that they saw something but was it necessarily what they say it was? In other words it is not "they lied or they told the truth" as one has to take into account how anecdotal witnessing is often unreliable.  

The growth of computation is doubly exponential growth. 

PhoenixRu

PhoenixRu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationRussia

Well, fighter jet missile is more difficult to notice than a big green bus on the street... And stop trying to pretend you don't understand my question.  :biggrin:

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

"And the Russian land, let God keep it! Under heavens, there is no other land like this. And although Russian nobles are not righteous neither kind, let God arrange the Russian land and give us enough justice" - Afanasy Nikitin, medieval traveler of XV century.

TranscendingGod

TranscendingGod

2020's the decade of our reckoning

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Well, fighter jet missile is more difficult to notice than a big green bus on the street... And stop trying to pretend you don't understand my question.  :biggrin:

Yes it is a question and one you made up so why are you trying to make it seem like it has any credence when it is nothing more than a hypothetical supposition? Do we take suppositions as likely events now? 

The growth of computation is doubly exponential growth. 

PhoenixRu

PhoenixRu

• Members
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationRussia

After all, the real question is why this "new and shocking version" appeared at all, in such an "objective and unbiased" media as BBC. Do they starting to prepare the public opinion to "new and shocking truth about Ukraine" or it was just a message to Ukrainian elite.

That's what interests me. Only this.

You're comparing 7% to 37.5%

LOL in this case the chance of big green bus to be real is "a bit" higher than 37.5%. This is actually 99,99...99%. Should i explain why? No, i shouldn't.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

"And the Russian land, let God keep it! Under heavens, there is no other land like this. And although Russian nobles are not righteous neither kind, let God arrange the Russian land and give us enough justice" - Afanasy Nikitin, medieval traveler of XV century.

PhoenixRu

PhoenixRu

• Members
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationRussia

Meanwhile, a new "suicide" in Ukrainie. Renowned political analyst Andrei Doroshenko fell from 9th floor window in Kiev. Nothing special, this happens from time to time to public figures. Usually they jumping from the window, but not always. One of them shot himself in the heart, twice. Another one was found with his hands tied and a bullet in the back...

Outlook

Outlook

Muslim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts

I'm not taking Ukrainian responsibility out of the question, but I don't think the evidence is there to draw a hard conclusion. 7 people said "oh yea, I saw a fighter jet", 93 said "not sure" or "no". For all we know they could've mistaken a piece of the plane as a jet, it's kilometers up in the sky after all.

Another point in the article is RT blaming a Ukrainian fighter pilot, like that's something new. The last point worth mentioning is Sergey Sokolov, a soviet commander who died in 2012. Jokes aside, I'm googling and I can't find any background on the private investigator, aside from a dailymail article saying the same thing minus the 100 agents, and this beautiful website. It's under the "Russia’s other theories about the downing of MH17" header, it  links to a KP article with the statement that Sergi Sokolov blames the CIA for causing the attack. KP is also the same Russian news organization which claimed the US orchestrated Charlie Hebdo. 

I'm not very interested to see this BBC documentary, because you have to remember in the west news sites aren't under state control, they're under capital control. They want money. It's why you have tabloid dailymail and daily express publishing obvious outlandish and propagandic statements from russian media as fact. BBC aired 9/11 a conspiracy documentary 5 years ago and a 7/7 conspiracy documentary 7 years ago, it's hardly something new. They even have the great Alex Jones appear in their 9/11 documentary.

9/11:

7/7: 

PhoenixRu

PhoenixRu

• Members
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationRussia

...because you have to remember in the west news sites aren't under state control, they're under capital control. They want money.

Yeah, that's the very essence of our disagreement: you will automatically believe western media (even the obvioulsly propagandist ones like this BBC) as "free and unbiased in general" and the same automatically reject all the Russian ones (even the people's opinions from blogs on forums) since they all are "under state control, one way or another". I could provide a lot, but this will be a waste of time.

Besides, I'm not in a hurry at all. I can sit with popcorn and wait: year, or two, or five, or ten... but i see the general trend & damn sure that, sooner or later, West will "suddenly discover the shocking truth" and will start to blame Ukraine. Eventually, Western elites always getting rid of "sons of the bitches" who did a dirty job and are no longer needed.

Outlook

Outlook

Muslim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts

Yeah, that's the very essence of our disagreement: you will automatically believe western media (even the obvioulsly propagandist ones like this BBC) as "free and unbiased in general" and the same automatically reject all the Russian ones (even the people's opinions from blogs on forums) since they all are "under state control, one way or another". I could provide a lot, but this will be a waste of time.

Unfortunately you also automatically view "Russian media" as the pinaccle of anti-western resistance and the last light in uncovering the lies of the dirty west, while rejecting all western media due to the evil trillionaire elites cackling in their board rooms plotting the next glenn beck and anderson cooper featurelettes to brain wash the young kids into murmuring "boo russia, boo north korea" in their sleep.

Guess we have to accept differences ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Time_Traveller

Time_Traveller

Master of Time Travel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,066 posts
  • LocationRepublic of Jordan, 1 January 3025 C.E.
F-22 Raptors Flown To Romania To Deter Russia

26 April 2016

The US Air Force has flown two F-22 Raptor fighter jets to Romania to deter further Russian intervention in Ukraine.

The jets landed at Mihail Kogalniceanu air base, close to the Black Sea port of Constanta in southeast Romania, on Monday.

A US statement said the aircraft possess sophisticated sensors which would allow pilots to track, identify, shoot and kill air-to-air threats without being detected.

They can also attack surface targets.

US pilot Dan Naim stands in front of the aircraft at the air base

Russian-backed separatists have been fighting government troops in Ukraine since April 2014, with at least 9,100 people killed.

The conflict has left neighbouring countries in eastern Europe concerned over future Russian aggression in the region.

http://news.sky.com/...to-deter-russia

This is sort off to do with Ukraine, Russia trying to make more conflicts within eastern Europe again. (Move if required)

I want to go ahead of Father Time with a scythe of my own.

H. G. Wells

PhoenixRu

PhoenixRu

• Members
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationRussia

Two years ago, 2 May 2014, tens of people were burned alive by Ukrainian nationalists in Odessa. Today, 2 May 2016, Odessa is again filled with military and nazi para-military troops to "prevent disorders" and (actually) to terrorize the local people and prevent them from taking to the streets in memory of the dead:

Spoiler

I don't think there will be any "disorders" other than few leaflets and graffitis here and there...

Spoiler

...and such number of troops clearly shows how scared the post-maidan regime... it seems they are afraid of the dead more than the living & ardently strive to erase those dead from people's memory.

PhoenixRu

PhoenixRu

• Members
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationRussia

PS I'll just leave it here, in the memory of those people:

PhoenixRu

PhoenixRu

• Members
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationRussia

Another two Ukrainian "suicides". As i told before this is already a routine... but two journalists per day is something new. First one jumped out the window, second one was found hanged.

joe00uk

joe00uk

Marxist-Leninist Futurist ☭

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts
  • LocationUK

1,000s of Ukraine nationalists vow to oust Poroshenko administration over Donbass elections

573ed942c46188bf508b456b.jpg

Thousands of nationalists are protesting in front of the Ukrainian parliament in Kiev. The demonstrators are threatening to oust Ukrainian MPs and Petro Poroshenko’s administration if Kiev allows elections in Donbass.

According to Kiev police, an estimated crowd of over 2,000 people have joined the protest, although organizers have said that at least 8,000 people are attending the event.

https://www.facebook...18974198112831/

"The Proletarians have nothing to lose but their chains." - Karl Marx
"A revolution is not a dinner party, or writing an essay, or painting a picture, or doing embroidery; it cannot be so refined, so leisurely and gentleso temperate, kind, courteous, restrained and magnanimous. A revolution is an insurrection, an act of violence by which one class overthrows another."  - Mao Zedong

PhoenixRu

PhoenixRu

• Members
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationRussia

Administrative madness: Ukrainian parliament continues to rename their cities accordind to their "decommunization" campaign. The last victims of decommunization were:

Illichivsk renamed to Chornomorsk.

Artemivsk renamed to Bakhmut.

Krasnyi Lyman renamed to Lyman. This one is the most ridiculous, they just cut out the "Krasny" word as "communist" and thus turned "Red Estuary" into "Estuary".

...and so on and so forth, incl. hundreds of smaller towns and villages.

This time, hovewer, they renamed the large regional center:

Lawmakers have approved a legislative decree №3864 to rename the city of Dnepropetrovsk, in the Dnipropetrovsk region, to Dnipro city by getting 247 votes, Ukrinform reports.

"The Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine decrees: to rename the city of Dnipropetrovsk region, in the Dnipropetrovsk region, to city of Dnipro," text of the act says.

The legislative decree is enacted on the date of its adoption.

I bet the next victim should be Kirovograd. This name sounds just unbearable communistic.

12742724.jpg

PhoenixRu

PhoenixRu

• Members
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationRussia

Not about Ukraine, but related. Miserable attempt of "maidan" in Kazakhstan, 21 May 2016. The same technology, the same driving forces, similar slogans... their slogan was "Shal Ket!" i.e. "Old man, get out!", but Kazakh "Old Man" wasn't even close to Yanukovych, plus Kazakh people turned out to be wiser than Ukrainians. And here are the results:

That's what should has been done in Ukraine 3 years ago. Few dozen arrests, several broken noses and ribs of "peaceful protesters" - an acceptable price to avoid civil war.

PhoenixRu

PhoenixRu

• Members
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationRussia

13631678_1624836957845157_12145862152634

"Azov-Black Sea regional department of Border Service of Ukraine reports that, since May 15, 2016, more than 300 thousand citizens of Ukraine crossed the administrative border and visited the temporarily occupied territories. The most common purpose is "for vacation". This situation lead to undesirable contacts between Ukrainian citizens and residents of occupied territories and will have a negative impact on the moral and patriotic spirit of the Ukrainian people...

At a meeting with representatives of law enforcement agencies, the Azov-Black Sea regional department of Border Service proposed to complicate or limit the movement of private transport with Ukrainian numbers to Crimea with reference to "problems" created by occupying power...

We also ask you to consider the possibility of introducing the administrative restrictions on the movement of citizens of Ukraine to the occupied Crimea for the summer period"

I knew this should happen, sooner or later. The more Ukrainians visited Crimea, the less they tend to believe in official fairy tales of "terror and horror" happening in "annexed territories". The worse: people will definitely begin to compare their own everyday life in "new democratic Ukraine" with Crimea and this will be, indeed, the huge impact to their "moral and patriotic spirit".

PhoenixRu

PhoenixRu

• Members
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationRussia

Administrative madness: Ukrainian parliament continues to rename their cities accordind to their "decommunization" campaign... I bet the next victim should be Kirovograd. This name sounds just unbearable communistic.

12742724.jpg

DONE

The Verkhovna Rada completed the renaming of settlements within decommunisation. City of Kirovograd was renamed to Kropyvnytsky. The corresponding bill №4222 has been supported by 230 deputies. Marko Kropyvnytsky - the famous Ukrainian actor and dramatist... etc

Btw, this whole renaming campaign very well demonstrates that "decommunisation" is just a codeword for derusification. Don't they like comrade Kirov? OK, but why don't return to historical name Elizabethgrad (as most of people wanted)? No way, this historical name is also unbearable for Ukrainian nationalists. They prefer "famous Ukrainian actor and dramatist"... so "famous" that i (as well as many Ukrainians) never ever heard about him.

caltrek

caltrek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,216 posts

How To Deal with an Aggressive, Yet Weak Power

http://www.spiegel.d...-a-1101443.html

Russia's aggressive foreign policy is an expression of weakness rather than strength, but we should still treat the country as a significant power. Russia is currently not very interested in dialogue, but we should flood it with offers of dialogue and engagement. Russia seeks to be unpredictable, but we should try all we can to make our relationship more stable, transparent and predictable. Russia has violated international law, but we should be demonstratively observant of international agreements and accords. Russia is acting like an adversary of the West, but we should still constantly look for ways to engage constructively.

"Based on this, four further observations:

• The risk of escalation is high -- and we have to do more to reduce it.
  • The classic "double-track strategy"-- strengthening NATO's defense capabilities on the one hand, strengthening dialogue and cooperative engagement on the other -- paired with strategic patience, remains the best recipe for dealing with Russia.
  • Russia is militarily strong -- but weak in many other respects.
  • A sober Western assessment should also be self-critical -- even if Russia rejects any self-criticism."

image-1016429-breitwandaufmacher-stqj-10

A Polish Navy frigate in Gdynia, Poland, June 2016.  DPA

The principles of justice define an appropriate path between dogmatism and intolerance on the one side, and a reductionism which regards religion and morality as mere preferences on the other.   - John Rawls

PhoenixRu

PhoenixRu

• Members
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationRussia

How To Deal with an Aggressive, Yet Weak Power

Russia's aggressive foreign policy is an expression of weakness rather than strength, but we should still treat the country as a significant power. Russia is currently not very interested in dialogue, but we should flood it with offers of dialogue and engagement. Russia seeks to be unpredictable, but we should try all we can to make our relationship more stable, transparent and predictable. Russia has violated international law, but we should be demonstratively observant of international agreements and accords. Russia is acting like an adversary of the West, but we should still constantly look for ways to engage constructively.

I can perceive it only as evil satire, sorry... The truth is that all the Russian attempts of "constructive dialogue and engagement" since 1991 were systematically rejected and neglected by West: "not your business, guys, you're too weak to discuss serious issues". So it was when NATO expanded to the east, so it was before Georgian srisis, and so it was before Ukrainian crisis.

=== === ===

Meanwhile in Ukraine: Pavel Sheremet, Journalist in Ukraine, Is Killed in Car Bombing

A prominent radio and television journalist in Kiev, the capital of Ukraine, was killed in a car bombing on Wednesday, officials said, in one of the highest-profile assassinations of a reporter in the country in years.

The journalist, Pavel Sheremet, 44, a Belarussian citizen who had worked for Russian state television before moving to Ukraine to host a morning radio news program five years ago, died when the car he was driving exploded near Kiev’s government quarter.

Mr. Sheremet was among several well-known journalists in Russia who moved to Ukraine, where restrictions on the news media are looser, around the time a new government took over in the country, in 2014. Members of this group have been highly critical of the new leadership.

What can i say? Death is death, despite the fact that this Sheremet was a rare bastard. Also, i find it very ironic. As one of commenters wrote: "Freedom of speech it's when you blown up not in "authoritarian and barbaric" Belarus or Russia, presidents of which you poured with shit, but exactly in the capital of "democratic and European" Ukraine, to leader of which you sang the songs of praise".

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ukraine, politics, news

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users