Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

Hurricane Season

• Please log in to reply
437 replies to this topic

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,129 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda

That doesn't make much sense, though. Hurricane season may only last from June to November, but it's still part of a specific year. Sort of like how tornado season technically lasts from April to June; just because a tornado outbreak happens in January doesn't mean it's part of the previous year's season. Nor does a tornado outbreak in December mean it's part of next year's season.

True but remember back in 2005 when Zeta was in january of 2006

Zeta lasted into January 2006. It formed in December 2005.

Nobody's gonna take my drone, I'm gonna fly miles far too high!
Nobody gonna beat my drone, it's gonna shoot into the sky!

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • 17,129 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda

Tropical Depression 8 has formed.
Hurricane Gaston Reforms in Atlantic Ocean, Now the First Major Hurricane of the Season

Invest 99 lumbers through Straits of Florida; formation more likely in Gulf of Mexico

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • 17,129 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda

HERMINE (GULF OF MEXICO)

This is the first hurricane in the Gulf in three years, and it'll be the first hurricane to make landfall in Florida since Wilma in 2005. Right now, it's only a category 1, but there's a chance it could develop into a category 2 before it makes landfall tomorrow.

caltrek

caltrek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,186 posts

Hermine Pounds Florida

http://www.reuters.c...me=domesticNews

Extract:

Hermine, the first hurricane to make landfall in Florida in 11 years, swept ashore early on Friday near the Gulf shore town of St. Marks, 20 miles (30 km) south of the capital of Tallahassee, packing winds of 80 mph (130 kph) and churning up a devastating storm surge in coastal areas.

As of 2 a.m. EDT, the fourth named storm of the 2016 Atlantic hurricane season was about 115 miles (185 km) west of Cape Hatteras, North Carolina, where 60 mph (95 kmh) winds were reported, the hurricane center said.

Early Saturday morning, crews in Wilmington, North Carolina rescued several people who were sitting on top of their vehicle after a flood engulfed their street, photos from local media showed. At least one tornado was reported touching down in North Carolina on Saturday, causing at least one injury, local media reported.

On Friday the storm passed near Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, leaving some 51,000 power outages across the state, said state emergency management spokesman Derrec Becker.

Becker said localized flooding hit low-lying areas across the state, and there were widespread reports of "downed power lines, downed trees, trees on cars and some flooded cars," along with isolated incidents of tree-damaged homes.

A total of about 150,000 households were without power in Florida, Georgia and the Carolinas, utility companies reported on Saturday.

Emergency declarations remained in effect for all or parts of Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, Virginia and Maryland.

Overnight, crews in Pasco County, Florida, rescued more than a dozen people after their homes were flooded.

Richard Jewett, 68, was rescued from his home in New Port Richey, just north of Tampa, as emergency teams carried out a mandatory evacuation.

"The canal started creeping up toward the house, and even though it wasn't high tide it looked like it was coming inside," Jewett said....

One storm-related death was reported by authorities in the northern Florida town of Ocala, where a fallen tree killed a homeless man sleeping in his tent....                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   New Jersey, still mindful of devastation from superstorm Sandy in 2012, was on high alert as emergency officials advised residents to prepare for flooding, high winds and a surge of seawater.New York Governor Andrew Cuomo on Friday activated his state's emergency operations center and ordered officials to stockpile resources, including sandbags and generators.New York City Mayor Bill De Blasio said residents should avoid beach waters for fear of life-threatening riptides.In Florida, concerns over the standing water in which mosquitoes breed intensified as the state battled an outbreak of the Zika virus.

The principles of justice define an appropriate path between dogmatism and intolerance on the one side, and a reductionism which regards religion and morality as mere preferences on the other.   - John Rawls

caltrek

caltrek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,186 posts

High Winds from Hermine Blamed in Fatal Highway Accident

http://www.upi.com/T...6/?spt=hts&or=3

Introduction:

WASHINGTON, Sept. 3 (UPI) -- High winds from Tropical Storm Hermine were blamed for a fatal accident when a tractor-trailer overturned on a North Carolina bridge Saturday afternoon, killing the driver, police said.

The crash is believed to be the second death related to the storm, which made landfall in Florida on Friday.

As Hermine continued chugging up the East Coast on Saturday, officials from the Carolinas north to New England braced for high winds, rain, coastal flooding and dangerous ocean currents in the coming days, canceling many Labor Day revelers' beach plans for the holiday weekend.

According to The Weather Channel, Hermine is headed offshore and could strengthen back into a hurricane as it heads out to sea early next week.

The storm touched down in Florida as a Category 1 hurricane after making landfall on the gulf coast on Friday. It was later downgraded to a tropical storm as it passed east from the Gulf of Mexico, over portions of Florida and Georgia and back out into the Atlantic.

High-winds-from-Hermine-blamed-in-fatal-

The principles of justice define an appropriate path between dogmatism and intolerance on the one side, and a reductionism which regards religion and morality as mere preferences on the other.   - John Rawls

MarcZ

MarcZ

Chief Flying Car Critic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,241 posts
  • LocationCanada

HURRICANE MATTHEW COULD STRIKE US NEXT WEEK POTENTIALLY AS A CATEGORY 5 HURRICANE

https://sputniknews....ted-states.html

Could kill thousands maybe tens of thousands in Haiti if worst scenario for that country is realized and things are getting worse by the minute for their forecast. 

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • 17,129 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda

In which case, it would be the first major hurricane to make landfall in the US since 2005.

MarcZ

MarcZ

Chief Flying Car Critic

• Members
  • 3,241 posts
  • LocationCanada

Strongly beginning to look that way. I cannot see how this thing is anything but destructive beyond hell. Kind of looking at a Hurricane Sandy scenario redux with a major hurricane in the U.S. (maybe even the NE US) right before a presidential election.

MarcZ

MarcZ

Chief Flying Car Critic

• Members
  • 3,241 posts
  • LocationCanada

Also I wouldn't be surprised if this thing re-intensifies to a Category 5 overnight. 

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • 17,129 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda

rb_lalo-animated.gif

• Cody930 likes this

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • 17,129 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda

Hurricane Matthew is now the strongest Atlantic hurricane since Hurricane Felix in 2007. Damn! I didn't know it's been that long. 

• Cody930 likes this

MarcZ

MarcZ

Chief Flying Car Critic

• Members
  • 3,241 posts
  • LocationCanada

Haiti is looking more fucked every minute.

MarcZ

MarcZ

Chief Flying Car Critic

• Members
  • 3,241 posts
  • LocationCanada

Already seeing stupid climate change tweets related to this storm. Doesn't even make sense.

https://twitter.com/...416469992747008

tierbook

tierbook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts
  • LocationCharleston sc

Already seeing stupid climate change tweets related to this storm. Doesn't even make sense.

https://twitter.com/...416469992747008

The climate appears to have changed over the past decade.

MarcZ

MarcZ

Chief Flying Car Critic

• Members
  • 3,241 posts
  • LocationCanada

There are other ways to measure that, a lone hurricane is not one of them.

tierbook

tierbook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts
  • LocationCharleston sc

There are other ways to measure that, a lone hurricane is not one of them.

My point is that he's making long term assumptions off short-term data.

MarcZ

MarcZ

Chief Flying Car Critic

• Members
  • 3,241 posts
  • LocationCanada

Major evacuations ordered in Florida and South Carolina. Millions of people potentially could be evacuating shortly in the largest evacuation in United States history as Hurricane Matthew approaches.

Models are terrible too they are all over the place and constantly changing. No long term certainty on where this Hurricane is going. Probably the only thing that is sure is that Cape Canaveral is about to get shit on hopefully doesn't damage NASA's facilities too much.

http://www.cnn.com/2...ida-carolinas/ 

• eacao likes this

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • 17,129 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda

Mother Nature's celebrating the Day of the Dead/Halloween, it seems.

636112727260256186-Screen-Shot-2016-10-0

Creepiest image of a hurricane I've seen in a while.

I officially dub Hurricane Matthew 'Skeletor.'

MarcZ

MarcZ

Chief Flying Car Critic

• Members
  • 3,241 posts
  • LocationCanada

Kennedy Space Center is under huge threat. Matthew will have stronger winds than what much of the facility is designed for.

https://twitter.com/...757481080131585

MarcZ

MarcZ

Chief Flying Car Critic

• Members
  • 3,241 posts
  • LocationCanada

BREAKING: HURRICANE MATTHEW MAY BE ABOUT TO BECOME THE COSTLIEST NATURAL DISASTER IN HISTORY

Could surpass the 2011 Japanese Earthquake as some models have almost $250 billion dollars worth of property at risk. Almost certainly will be more destructive than Katrina the current costliest hurricane in the United States and definitely more destructive than 1992's Andrew currently the most destructive storm in Florida history.

http://www.cnbc.com/...campaign=buffer

Also the death toll is rising rapidly in Haiti and more than 136 people are confirmed to have died there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users