Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

Fictional Map Thread

future history alternate history

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,133 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda

Alright, I'm just having way too much fun with this. 

http://mapchart.net/

Here's where I've been making my future-history maps. Why not make one yourself? 

Always remember: 

Convert to Image
Upload to Imgur
Then post here

Simply copying and posting the image fresh from the site won't work.

There are other map makers, but this one is the simplest. I haven't found any that extend into outer space, but I haven't looked too intensely.

eKyeKLe.png

• PhoenixRu, Recyvuym and leoking2000 like this
Nobody's gonna take my drone, I'm gonna fly miles far too high!
Nobody gonna beat my drone, it's gonna shoot into the sky!

Outlook

Outlook

Muslim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts
  • LocationWherever Alien Observer by Grouper could be played.
I would share my maps but my world is still stuck in the late medieval era.
Everything is predefined.

Erowind

Erowind

Psychonaut, Aspiring Mathematician and Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts
  • LocationInside some convoluted formula I don't actually understand.

A map I made pointing out the unionization of the planet Earth and her nation states. All grey states are unaffiliated or part of a union that does not supercede their local governments authority. Major powers not belonging to a Union are noted. This map is current circa 2016, please feel free to point out mistakes and or revise the map yourself.

https://imgur.com/ODA4uId?reg

• masterwigglestin likes this

Current status: slaving away for the math gods of Pythagoras VII.

PhoenixRu

PhoenixRu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,513 posts
  • LocationRussia

First and foremost, Yuli, thank you for finding of this site. And here is my map:

13097282.png

• Yuli Ban and Recyvuym like this

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

"And the Russian land, let God keep it! Under heavens, there is no other land like this. And although Russian nobles are not righteous neither kind, let God arrange the Russian land and give us enough justice" - Afanasy Nikitin, medieval traveler of XV century.

Pisiu369

Pisiu369

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Oh yes collapse USA is just what i wanted to see.

Recyvuym

Recyvuym

Apophis 2036

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • LocationDie Sonne

How about some collapse Earth? The start of World War III, 2057.

https://imgur.com/l6P13kW

And that's before the fun even begins.

From the current draft of my sci-fi timeline.

I especially like that Japan did away with the pesky 'p' in their name. (No, that was a typo.)

(Wish I could just post the image like the rest of you but it's telling me I 'don't have permission to use that extention in this community'.)

I loudly predicted the second wave of the Global Financial Crisis would begin by the 31st of March 2017. But I was wrong! Observe my well-deserved public humiliation here, here and here. Let this be a warning to all of you who try to guess the future. Yes, that means you, reading this now! Put that prediction back in your pocket! Do it now, before it's too late! (Also check out my userpage, it's even funnier.)

PhoenixRu

PhoenixRu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,513 posts
  • LocationRussia

Wish I could just post the image like the rest of you but it's telling me I 'don't have permission to use that extention in this community'

Your image is usual PNG file, there should be no problem with extention. Just right-click on your image in imgur, then select "open the image in new tab", then (in the new tab) copy the direct link to this image and voila:

l6P13kW.png

• Yuli Ban and Recyvuym like this

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

"And the Russian land, let God keep it! Under heavens, there is no other land like this. And although Russian nobles are not righteous neither kind, let God arrange the Russian land and give us enough justice" - Afanasy Nikitin, medieval traveler of XV century.

docgonzo

docgonzo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

docgonzo

docgonzo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Not working for me...

BasilBerylium

BasilBerylium

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationArgentina

tfb_trophies_nfl.jpgAcademy_Award_trophy.jpgmedalj_fram_xl.jpg

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • 17,133 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda

I already have a ton of maps created, so...!

2027: A Global Three-Way

zUmiuWk.png

Gist: Global depression begins in 2017; Saudi Arabia collapses in 2019-2020; Greece becomes a fascist state; Russia and China form the Beijing Alliance to counter the West; Fascist Greece starts World War III and manages to unite NATO and BA. Things get pretty bad, and the world looks to the world's newest superpower, China— not for guidance, but to see if they're a worthy successor to America and capable of creating Pax Sinica.

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • 17,133 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda

2114: National Bolshevik Greater Eurasia
HnYW9NK.png

Gist: Meki gives us proletarians too much credit, and Europe collapses into National Bolshevism. Europe and Russia become "Eurasia". Meanwhile, Dominionist America has invaded the rest of the Americas. The East Asian technates, the last bastion of social/liberal democracy on Earth, resist (and ultimately win).

2084: For The Love Of Brother Number One also had a Greater Eurasia map

7Ougqpw.png

Gist here: I bring Nazbol Eurasia into the world of Twenty Eighty-Four. Again, Eastasia is the land of democracy (save North Korea)

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • 17,133 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda

For The Love Of Brother #1: The Panamerican Horror

7Qiw4L8.png

sLv8hQk.png

Gist: Holy fuck.

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • 17,133 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda

Moville (now part of the Eutopia series)
8hd1cd2.png

Gist: The world in 2037 has become highly developed thanks to the development of artificial intelligence, Vyrdism/sociocapitalism, and a new wave of optimism— and pessimism. The world is "eutopian", as even though most of the world is now highly developed and stable, things are definitely still not perfect.

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • 17,133 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda

Not working for me...

yAayEyu.png

50TLnij.pngn71wBGX.png

J4YW3pb.png

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • 17,133 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda

Here's one for Nineteen Eighty-Four. I've already done the 'three superstates' version as well as the 'Oceania in One Country' version.

So why not go full North Korea? Oceania isn't even all of Britain.

snGM6a4.png

• Infinite likes this

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • 17,133 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda

So about those other versions of Nineteen Eighty-Four...

goqYZsp.png

SoWsLin.png

Gist: The real life 1984 was kinda 1984. You definitely had NATO acting as a sort of Oceania. You had the Warsaw Pact acting as Eurasia. Eastasia would be China and the east Asian communist regimes. The problem was it was.... eh. NATO and USSR citizens didn't really live in fear, except for the fear of nuclear war. By 1984, China had turned around from the Mao era and was rapidly beginning to improve. US citizens weren't really poor. We definitely had surveillance and thought control, but it was very light compared to 1984. Except in the Eastern European countries, of course. Stasi was absolutely mad. 

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • 17,133 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda

Another unposted Eutopia map, this time about China

oMOzhuH.png

Gist: IIRC, I separated "Ultra-High Income" from "Very-High Income" and "High Income" in another unposted map. Maybe it's somewhere on the site, but I'm too busy catching up on Dragon Ball Super to really pay attention.

I think "Ultra" was $75,000+/year, "Very-High" was $30,000+/year (i.e. the Global One-Percent) and "High" is $10,000+/year.

Spacekitty

Spacekitty

Dusk Cypher - Instigator of Transcendence

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • LocationHuman Shell Unit Version 1.0

I think the whole chart thing is awesome. I kinda wanted to be able to give Alaska to Canada though Or redefine some borders somewhat.

I will instigate the singularity!

Recyvuym

Recyvuym

Apophis 2036

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • LocationDie Sonne

Your image is usual PNG file, there should be no problem with extention. Just right-click on your image in imgur, then select "open the image in new tab", then (in the new tab) copy the direct link to this image and voila:

Oooh. I'm an idiot. Thanks PhoenixRu.

World War III 2057

l6P13kW.png

World War III 2062 (five years on, and it isn't quite as warm and cuddly as the above scenario)

Y64EKbZ.png

Aftermath of WWIII (2.1 billion dead, but the worst is yet to come; after this however, the world actually recovers into a 'eutopia' believe it or not.)

nSb40Ml.png

I loudly predicted the second wave of the Global Financial Crisis would begin by the 31st of March 2017. But I was wrong! Observe my well-deserved public humiliation here, here and here. Let this be a warning to all of you who try to guess the future. Yes, that means you, reading this now! Put that prediction back in your pocket! Do it now, before it's too late! (Also check out my userpage, it's even funnier.)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: future history, alternate history

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users