Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

Post-Brexit UK News and Discussions

• Please log in to reply
769 replies to this topic

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,966 posts
  • LocationLondon

Good riddance to Corbyn (assuming he does go). He was useless throughout the referendum campaign. He could have used his leadership position to mobilise Labour voters in favour of Remain, but instead his half-hearted approach contributed to the loss. Especially galling when you consider how close the result was.

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 7,966 posts
  • LocationLondon

HSBC 'to move jobs to Paris if UK leaves single market'

HSBC would move up to 1,000 staff from London to Paris if the UK left the single market, following Britain's vote to leave the EU, the BBC understands.

The staff who would be relocated would be those who already process payments made in euros for HSBC in Canary Wharf.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...siness-36629745

Time_Traveller

Time_Traveller

Master of Time Travel

• Members
  • 6,066 posts
  • LocationRepublic of Jordan, 1 January 3025 C.E.

HSBC 'to move jobs to Paris if UK leaves single market'

HSBC would move up to 1,000 staff from London to Paris if the UK left the single market, following Britain's vote to leave the EU, the BBC understands.

The staff who would be relocated would be those who already process payments made in euros for HSBC in Canary Wharf.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...siness-36629745

I already posted that at around 10.45 last night but I just hope we stay in it.

I want to go ahead of Father Time with a scythe of my own.

H. G. Wells

Guyverman1990

Guyverman1990

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

This is becoming even more intereting: Scottish govt agrees to legislate for 2nd independence referendum

When will such a referendum be held?

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 7,966 posts
  • LocationLondon

Fox News Blunders Brexit, Reports UK Votes to Leave UN

The early morning hours of 24 June 2016 ushered in a flurry of reporting on a referendum widely known as "Brexit," with results of the United Kingdom's vote to leave the European Union breaking late on 23 June 2016 in the United States and early the next morning in Britain.

Primary reports in the United States came from UK-based outlets such as the BBC and the Guardian, but American outlets also followed the unfurling events. Among those outlets was Fox News, and an initial error became a screen shot mocked around the world, thanks to the quick-sharing capabilities enabled by social media platforms.

The network's chyron — a caption superimposed on the screen to title or explain a television segment — erroneously indicated that the UK voted to leave the United Nations (UN), not the European Union (EU).

http://www.snopes.co...es-to-leave-un/

RxrKnpk.jpg

8wdeyVP.jpg

• Recyvuym likes this

Time_Traveller

Time_Traveller

Master of Time Travel

• Members
  • 6,066 posts

Twits, We weren't voting to leave the UN but the EU.

H. G. Wells

Time_Traveller

Time_Traveller

Master of Time Travel

• Members
  • 6,066 posts

EU referendum petition signed by more than 2.5m

25 June 2016

More than 2.5 million people have signed a petition calling for a second EU referendum, after the vote to leave.

It has more signatures than any other on the parliamentary website and as it has passed 100,000, Parliament will consider it for a debate.

The UK voted to leave the EU by 52% to 48% in Thursday's referendum but the majority of voters in London, Scotland and Northern Ireland backed Remain.

David Cameron has previously said there will be no second referendum.

On Friday he said he would stand down as prime minister by October following the leave result.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...rendum-36629324

Even though it has 2.5 million signatures etc, I do feel that it's going to fail as Cameron had said.

H. G. Wells

Time_Traveller

Time_Traveller

Master of Time Travel

• Members
  • 6,066 posts

Our first global trade deal will launch a brighter future

25 June 2016

For those of us who always knew that Project Fear was a shameful deceit, the speed and scale of the economic establishment’s U-turn after Britain’s astonishing, wonderful vote for independence came as little surprise. 

Overnight, the great and the good suddenly remembered what they are paid to do and rushed to calm the financial markets. 

Rather than stoking fear and loathing, they moved to reassure: Mark Carney, the Governor of the Bank of England, who committed a major, unforgivable error in backing George Osborne’s campaign of disinformation, delivered a good, early-morning speech to reassure a traumatised City.

He made clear that the Bank stood ready to provide extra liquidity; had he chosen neutrality, this would have been the kind of intervention he would have made during the campaign, explaining that he stood ready to facilitate whatever decision the British people chose to endorse. He has plenty more tools in his armoury if volatility returns or the economy slows too much.

Many of the other bodies that had warned of a catastrophe were we to leave are also now rightly focusing on trying to make the new reality work. The IMF, in its most sensible statement in the referendum battle, urged the UK and EU to negotiate a smooth transition. The G7 said the UK economy and financial sector remain resilient and that they are confident Britain is “well positioned” to address the consequences of the result.

http://digitaleditio...LCEPDGCTPVKXNOA

H. G. Wells

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 7,966 posts
  • LocationLondon

Fintan O’Toole: Brexit fantasy is about to come crashing down

Sat, Jun 25, 2016

Did you ever see a slightly drunk man trying that trick with the tablecloth? He thinks he can whip the cloth off the table with a fast, clean snap, but leave all the crockery perfectly intact. He gives a sharp tug and stands back with a triumphant flourish as the plates and glasses come flying to the ground and shatter all around him.

That’s what Brexit is like. Those who have driven it have successfully pulled the cloth off the table – the underlying fabric of modern Britain has been whipped away with a shocking suddenness.

They stand in triumph, sure that they have pulled off the trick of removing a whole layer of political reality without disturbing all the family tableware. They have yet to notice that so much that was on the table is now at their feet, broken, perhaps irreparably.

Brexit has achieved the breathtaking feat of causing deep cracks in four different polities at a single stroke.

Read more: http://www.irishtime...-down-1.2698974

Time_Traveller

Time_Traveller

Master of Time Travel

• Members
  • 6,066 posts

It's basically the Rich (London) vs, the working class (Rest of the UK) has won and the they don't like it.

H. G. Wells

Time_Traveller

Time_Traveller

Master of Time Travel

• Members
  • 6,066 posts

Gloria De Piero MP, Shadow Minister for Young People and Voter Registration and Ian Murray have just resigned from the shadow cabinet now as well.

http://www.theguardi...tory-leadership

H. G. Wells

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 7,966 posts
  • LocationLondon
Leave voter: 'I didn't understand the ramifications'

A woman who voted to leave the European Union has admitted she "never thought it would happen".

Barbara from the West Midlands has said she did not "understand the ramifications" that a Leave vote could cause.

Speaking to 5 live's Nicky Campbell, Barbara said she had voted Leave as a protest but it was "too late" to change her mind when she learnt what "could happen".

This clip is originally from 5 live's Your Call on June 26 2016.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...rammes/p03zjmdp

picard.gif

• Time_Traveller likes this

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 7,966 posts
  • LocationLondon

Nicola Sturgeon now saying that Scotland could veto the referendum:

http://www.bbc.co.uk...litics-36633244

Time_Traveller

Time_Traveller

Master of Time Travel

• Members
  • 6,066 posts

==Deleted post==

Just beat me there on that post.

H. G. Wells

Time_Traveller

Time_Traveller

Master of Time Travel

• Members
  • 6,066 posts

http://www.bbc.co.uk...litics-36633244

But Scottish Secretary David Mundell said he "personally" did not believe that Scotland could block Brexit in that post also.

H. G. Wells

Time_Traveller

Time_Traveller

Master of Time Travel

• Members
  • 6,066 posts
New PM 'should come from Leave camp'

26 June 2016

The new prime minister should only come from the Leave camp, former Conservative leader Iain Duncan Smith has said.

He told the BBC's Andrew Marr show that it would be "very difficult" for a public who voted to leave the EU to have a leader who had opposed this.

Prime Minister David Cameron announced on Friday that he will step down by October.

He had urged the country to vote Remain, but was defeated by 52% to 48%.

"The government itself now had a view... which was to remain, and so now we need to change that position and actually deliver on this very clear mandate from the British people," said Mr Duncan Smith, who campaigned for Leave.

He said he was "incredibly sad" Mr Cameron had chosen to go as he wanted him to "remain to help stabilise the situation and get us moving".

http://www.bbc.co.uk...litics-36633595

H. G. Wells

PhoenixRu

PhoenixRu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,518 posts
  • LocationRussia

Yes, this is one of possible solutions: "Do you see? We were about to fulfill the sacred will of people, but Scotland vetoed us... now we need some time (about 5-10 years or more) to resolve this problem".

As i told before, i just CAN'T BELIEVE that British elites will go against their own vital interests only because a certain number of plebeians said so on some poll... Democracy is a good thing but not to that extent.  :biggrin: Next time they will be more careful with referendums.

• wjfox, Time_Traveller, Cody930 and 3 others like this

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

"And the Russian land, let God keep it! Under heavens, there is no other land like this. And although Russian nobles are not righteous neither kind, let God arrange the Russian land and give us enough justice" - Afanasy Nikitin, medieval traveler of XV century.

Time_Traveller

Time_Traveller

Master of Time Travel

• Members
  • 6,066 posts
Second EU referendum petition investigated for fraud

26 June 2016

The House of Commons petitions committee has said it is investigating allegations of fraud in connection with a petition calling for a second EU referendum.

Any signatures found to be fraudulent would be removed, it said.

More than 3.1 million people have signed the petition, although PM David Cameron has previously said there will be no second referendum.

It comes after the UK voted 52-48 to leave the EU in Thursday's referendum.

Helen Jones, who chairs the cross-party petitions committee, said in a statement posted on Twitter that it was taking the allegations of fraud "very seriously".

"People adding fraudulent signatures to this petition should know that they undermine the cause they pretend to support," she said.

The committee will consider the petition at its meeting next week and decide whether to schedule a debate on it, Ms Jones said.

"That doesn't mean that the committee will be deciding whether or not it agrees with the petition - just whether or not it should be debated.

"Any debate would allow a range of views to be expressed."

The petition has more signatures than any other on the parliamentary website.

But a number of people on Twitter have pointed out that many people signing it appear to be doing so from outside the UK.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...rendum-36634407

Hmm, There is your new answer to the second referendum Will.

H. G. Wells

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 7,966 posts
  • LocationLondon

dIPxiBq.jpg

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator