Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

A new prediction for the timeline

timeline prediction suggestions 2030s nuclear power

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Jakob

Jakob

Fenny-Eyed Slubber-Yuck

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,255 posts
  • LocationIn the Basket of Deplorables

Hi, I'm not sure what is the appropriate procedure for proposing new predictions (haven't done it before!) but I've got one for the timeline.

2030-2040: Generation IV Nuclear Power Plants Are Coming Online

By the 2030s, a new generation of nuclear power plants begins to come into use.* These new power plants have a number of advantages over previous generations. For one thing, they are capable of using their nuclear fuel up to two orders of magnitude more efficiently than previous nuclear reactor generations. They are also capable of "burning" their nuclear waste, meaning that what waste they produce becomes non-radioactive in mere centuries, as opposed to millennia.* Other innovative technologies in fourth-generation nuclear reactors include thorium-based reactors and breeder reactors, the latter of which allows nuclear fission to become a form of renewable energy.*

picture1.jpg

Image source: Argonne National Laboratory

Feel free to expand this entry and/or make stylistic corrections before posting in the main timeline.

• wjfox and Yuli Ban like this

Click 'show' to see quotes from great luminaries.

Spoiler

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,970 posts
  • LocationLondon

4th generation nuclear reactors are already on the timeline (I forget which year), but your prediction has some additional info, so I'll probably update mine to include what you've written here, plus the reference. :) Thanks.

• Sciencerocks and Jakob like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: timeline, prediction, suggestions, 2030s, nuclear power

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users