Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

The Future of U.S. - Russian Relations

United States Russia Vladimir Putin Hillary Clinton International diplomacy

• Please log in to reply
185 replies to this topic

caltrek

caltrek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,814 posts

Democrats Respond to Putin

http://occupydemocra...hooker-scandal/

Extract:

The comments by Putin serve a twofold purpose. The first is to attempt to offer spin to the allegations that the Russian government has blackmail hanging over Trump’s head, which has been the driving force influencing Trump’s decisions regarding Russia. If Putin says he does not believe Trump was involved in the scandal it serves Putin’s own interests in downplaying the very likely blackmail he has been using against Trump like a mace. The second is Putin continues to cement his public friendship with Trump which will beneficial for him during Trump’s presidency.

While Putin said he does not believe the allegations, he also participated in a round of gratuitous bragging regarding Russian citizens. Putin further stated:

He’s (Trump) a grown man, and secondly he’s someone who has been involved with beauty contests for many years and has met the most beautiful women in the world. I find it hard to believe that he rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world.

…Trump’s history of owning, and participating, with beauty pageants is very well known. However, Putin’s faux-disbelief must be measured against Trump’s own past admittance of sexually assaulting women. In 2005 Trump bragged about grabbing various women “by the pus*y” on a secret recording while gleefully sharing he was able to get away with the acts because he’s rich and famous. In that regard it is certainly not difficult to believe or accept that Trump used the services of prostitutes.

The principles of justice define an appropriate path between dogmatism and intolerance on the one side, and a reductionism which regards religion and morality as mere preferences on the other.   - John Rawls

caltrek

caltrek

• Members
  • 2,814 posts

Representative Maxine Waters:  "I Believe Trump Is A Danger"

http://crooksandliar...ve-trump-danger

"After I discovered who Trump was and the way he conducted himself, I was never going to go to the inauguration," she declared. "Certainly the inauguration is a way of welcoming in someone to the presidency and honoring them and respecting them. I don't honor him, I don't respect him and I don't want to be involved with him."

Rep. Waters also intimated that she believes Trump's ties to Russia are a danger to national security. Given her reaction after last week's top secret briefing with FBI Director James Comey, her allegations should be taken seriously.

"I believe that Trump is a danger," she asserted. "I believe that he wants to tighten and build up his relationship to Russia for whatever reason."

She went on to explain that she was concerned that he lied about his business relationships with Russia, while the facts point to at least 37 different times he tried to do business with them.

Speaking of the dossier compiled by British spy Christopher Steele, Waters grew angrier. "I think that our intelligence agencies need to drill down on that, they need to look into it, they need to see if there's any truth to it because if it is, it very dangerous for Russia to be able to blackmail Trump at any given time if in fact they have the kind of information that's being alluded to."

The principles of justice define an appropriate path between dogmatism and intolerance on the one side, and a reductionism which regards religion and morality as mere preferences on the other.   - John Rawls

caltrek

caltrek

• Members
  • 2,814 posts

I don't personally give much weight to Rick Santorum's opinion about much of anything.  Still, to give a sense of balance to this thread....

Rick Santorum Doesn't Believe Russia Was Behind DNC Hack

http://www.cnn.com/2...nntv/index.html

Introduction:

(CNN) Rick Santorum says he doesn't believe Russia was behind the hack into Democratic National Committee emails last year that US intelligence agencies say was an effort by Moscow to throw the election to Donald Trump.

"If there's a trail of breadcrumbs that says this is the Russians, it's probably not the Russians," he told CNN's Chris Cuomo Thursday.

The former Pennsylvania senator, who's now a CNN senior political commentator, also denied that the theft of the emails was a hack, instead calling it "a fishing expedition." Pushed by Cuomo on whether he disagreed with the intelligence services' conclusion that Russia was behind the hack, he said, "Unfortunately, I think this is what Trump was worried about. It's the politicization of intelligence."

Santorum said the intelligence community based its conclusions on the findings of an outside contractor brought in by the DNC to investigate the hack, and in his opinion, that was "wrong."

caltrek

caltrek

• Members
  • 2,814 posts

Russian Political Elites Revel in Trump's Inauguration

https://www.yahoo.co...ics.html?ref=gs

Extract:

MOSCOW (AP) — Champagne corks popped in Moscow as Russians celebrated the start of Donald Trump's presidency, confident of better relations ahead between the two countries.

"It's weird, but it's great, and for the first time ever Russians are applauding the victory of a U.S. presidential candidate, it's a sign of the times," political analyst Stanislav Byshok said.

Trump's promises to fix ravaged relations with Moscow have elated Russia's political elite following spiraling tensions with Washington over the Ukrainian crisis, the war in Syria and allegations of Russian meddling in the U.S. elections.

"We are ready to do our share of the work in order to improve the relationship," Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev said on Facebook.

…Leonid Slutsky, the head of the foreign affairs committee in the lower house of parliament, expressed hope that Trump will move to establish constructive ties with Moscow, but cautioned that there is no "magic button" to instantly achieve that. "We expect a slow but steady revival of our relations," he said.

PhoenixRu

PhoenixRu

• Members
  • 2,004 posts
  • LocationRussia

I don't think it will have any serious long-term impact on US-Russian relations, but still:

BREAKING: Russia and US warplanes strike Syria in first ever JOINT attack

The Russian Defense Ministry confirmed the coordinated attacks, which also reportedly involved Turkish forces.

A total of three Russian attack aircraft – consisting of two Su-24Ms and a Su-34 bomber – joined two Turkish F-16s and two F-4s in the strikes.

They successfully took out 22 ISIS targets

Rather a symbolic act, but with granny Hillary instead of Trump, this would be completely unimaginable.

caltrek

caltrek

• Members
  • 2,814 posts

I don't think it will have any serious long-term impact on US-Russian relations, but still:

BREAKING: Russia and US warplanes strike Syria in first ever JOINT attack

The Russian Defense Ministry confirmed the coordinated attacks, which also reportedly involved Turkish forces.

A total of three Russian attack aircraft – consisting of two Su-24Ms and a Su-34 bomber – joined two Turkish F-16s and two F-4s in the strikes.

They successfully took out 22 ISIS targets

Rather a symbolic act, but with granny Hillary instead of Trump, this would be completely unimaginable.

Strange, U.S. officials seem to be denying this report:

http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.2953291

Conclusion of article:

Meanwhile, the Russian Defense Ministry said in a statement that its warplanes flew their first combat mission in Syria with U.S.-led coalition aircraft — a sign that military cooperation between the two superpowers in Syria, which Trump said he would welcome, could already be underway.

But the Pentagon refuted that claim in its own statement, calling it “rubbish.”

“The Department of Defense is not coordinating airstrikes with the Russian military in Syria,” Air Force Col. John L. Dorrian, a spokesman for the U.S.-led coalition against ISIS, said. "DoD maintains a channel of communication with the Russian military focused solely on ensuring the safety of aircrews and de-confliction of Coalition and Russian operations in Syria.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: United States, Russia, Vladimir Putin, Hillary Clinton, International diplomacy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users