Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

When aging will become fully reversible?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Raklian

Raklian

An Immortal In The Making

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,509 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

If I interpret anti-aging correctly, then it could be medicine to be immortal. Then you can live forever, but at the age of 85, you will not be younger or older than that.

I wouldn't take this pill if I'm 85 y.o, because being immortal at such an old age, you cannot do anything with it. Live forever in senior house?...hmm...no

You don't have to look like that because of the number of years you've lived.

The point of aging reversal is to repair the molecular damage that has accumulated over your lifespan, and the side effect of those repairs is that you're younger.

• Yuli Ban, Nerd and rennerpetey like this
What are you without the sum of your parts?

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,133 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda

To answer the thread title, it's nowhere near fully reversible. We're maybe 1% of the way there, and medical technology is not progressing exponentially.

Of course, if you apply strong enough AI (and note my words there: strong AI, but not necessarily general AI), 1% could be half-way there. A lot of this is a puzzle. In some cases, we don't have all the pieces, so we'd need AI to help find those pieces in the first place (and thus we'd need AI to improve our tools for us since our tools are likely not sufficient enough, like looking for puzzle pieces in the dark in a 20,000 square foot mansion equipped only with a dying flashlight). But if we have the pieces or at least enough of them, we'd just need the AI to piece them together— no pun intended. Again, it'd be like putting together that same puzzle in that same mansion in the dark (in the earlier stages, it's indistinguishable from finding the pieces). But the AI would be as if you have a smarthouse that doesn't need ambient light and uses little drones and robots to put it all together, and it has a full-fledged image of what it's supposed to look like at that, if without the puzzle pieces themselves.

• Raklian and Casey like this
Nobody's gonna take my drone, I'm gonna fly miles far too high!
Nobody gonna beat my drone, it's gonna shoot into the sky!

Kombaticus

Kombaticus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

• Erowind likes this

"Let teachers and priests and philosophers brood over questions of reality and illusion. I know this: if life is an illusion, then I am no less an illusion, and being thus, the illusion is real to me. I live, I burn with life, I love, I slay, and I am content." -Conan the Cimmerian

Erowind

Erowind

Psychonaut, Aspiring Mathematician and Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts
  • LocationInside some convoluted formula I don't actually understand.

Holy ****, welcome back dude!

Current status: slaving away for the math gods of Pythagoras VII.

Kombaticus

Kombaticus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

lol thanks man, I know its been a while, I should have dropped in more.  I became a dad recently and so I haven't had time for much else, but I'm starting to miss a sense of community so I thought I'd get stuck in again.

• Unity, Erowind and Alislaws like this

"Let teachers and priests and philosophers brood over questions of reality and illusion. I know this: if life is an illusion, then I am no less an illusion, and being thus, the illusion is real to me. I live, I burn with life, I love, I slay, and I am content." -Conan the Cimmerian

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users