Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

SpaceX Interplanetary Transport System

SpaceX Elon Musk Mars ITS Mars landing Mars colony 2025 interplanetary species successful civilization video

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,148 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda

He did later add that cost for a seat on the Earth BFR express should be about the same as “full fare economy” on most airlines today.

From here.

• Jakob likes this
Nobody's gonna take my drone, I'm gonna fly miles far too high!
Nobody gonna beat my drone, it's gonna shoot into the sky!

Raklian

Raklian

An Immortal In The Making

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,512 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Will the elderly ever be able to travel around the globe this way? The g forces involved will test the limits of their aging bodies...

I hardly see any old ladies riding roller-coasters with their grandkids, you know.

• Erowind likes this
What are you without the sum of your parts?

Jakob

Jakob

Fenny-Eyed Slubber-Yuck

• Members
  • 5,241 posts
  • LocationIn the Basket of Deplorables

He did later add that cost for a seat on the Earth BFR express should be about the same as “full fare economy” on most airlines today.

From here.

Speechless.

I'd take a flight just for the hell of it.

• Yuli Ban likes this

Click 'show' to see quotes from great luminaries.

Spoiler

Raklian

Raklian

• Moderators
  • 6,512 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

From here.

Speechless.

Who would've thought we'll soon be looking up expedia.com or kayak.com for a cheap fare to go on a rocket to space...

Well....twas Elon Musk who made it all happen.

• Yuli Ban likes this

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,148 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda

From here.

Speechless.

I know, right? 

If you have enough disposable income, you could theoretically wake up in New York City, go to work in Seattle, take a lunch break in Tokyo, head back to Seattle, relax in the Alps, and be home in time for dinner.

• Jakob, Infinite and Erowind like this
Nobody's gonna take my drone, I'm gonna fly miles far too high!
Nobody gonna beat my drone, it's gonna shoot into the sky!

Erowind

Erowind

Psychonaut, Aspiring Mathematician and Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • LocationInside some convoluted formula I don't actually understand.

From here.

Speechless.

I know, right? 

If you have enough disposable income, you could theoretically wake up in New York City, go to work in Seattle, take a lunch break in Tokyo, head back to Seattle, relax in the Alps, and be home in time for dinner.

Am I the only one geeking out and gyrating in joy about this right now. The future is going to be awesome xD

• Jakob likes this

Current status: slaving away for the math gods of Pythagoras VII.

Infinite

Infinite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • LocationDublin, Ireland

Hype level : over 9000

On a more cynical note, I feel like these sort of advancements should be more frequent. Elon has a point, what have we been all these years?! Think of the many millions of intelligent, educated and talented people whose potential has been wasted because of shitty management and a lack of ambition.

We should use this incredible development with SpaceX to show young people what can be achieved if you have the determination. :)

Anyway, I think the most obvious way that using BFRs on Earth will change the world is that it will become much more interconnected and globalised. As Yuli said you will be able to conduct your daily life in many different countries. Thsi will mean a lot more culture mixing, now whether that's good or bad you decide.

A question to ask is how long will it take to place the infrastructure needed to facilitate a reasonably large portion of the planet's population? SpaceX might have some difficulties with the laws and regulations with each individual country that will slow down expected progress.

In terms of the moon, one of the most important features of BFR is that it can conduct ground operations on the moon (all the way from earth) on only one tank of fuel, really cutting the cost. Seen as though there are no extra logistical burdens, it's going to be really easy to go to and from the moon very quickly. Is this an incentive for moon tourism? Will SpaceX spearhead tourism on the moon?

I just melted when I saw the graphics of the city growing on mars X) I'm loving the layout of this city. Launchpads situated along the perimeter of a circle sector and the city divided up into logical little blocks to the point of the circle sector.

There's not much else I can say, SpaceX is really thinking this through! Man I can't wait to jump in a boat, into a rocket, to the edge of space, burn through the atmosphere and land upright in another continent - in less than an hour :D

• Jakob likes this

Is minic an fhírinne searbh.

Raklian

Raklian

• Moderators
  • 6,512 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

On a more cynical note, I feel like these sort of advancements should be more frequent. Elon has a point, what have we been all these years?! Think of the many millions of intelligent, educated and talented people whose potential has been wasted because of shitty management and a lack of ambition.

Most of them have gone over to work for Wall Street just to figure out clever ways of making more paper out of... yes, paper aka money. You know, those quants with advanced degrees in mathematics and even in physics, as such.

Erowind

Erowind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Most of them have gone over to work for Wall Street just to figure out clever ways of making more paper out of... yes, paper aka money. You know, those quants with advanced degrees in mathematics and even in physics, as such.

Your observation seems weirdly true in my case Rak. Even though I'm not on Wall Street, at this rate I'll be a millionaire before most people get their four-year degrees. I am getting my degree in case it all blows up in my face though. Honestly I wish there were open labs, lectures and workshops where scientifically minded people could just go do science. A no degree, no pressure, learn at your own pace and contribute research when your ready type of thing. All the social pressure from being around like minded, motivated, passionate individuals would be enough to spur people to learn and contribute. I know there is a collective in Oakland California that does this type of thing, but there's nothing near me to my knowledge.

https://omnicommons.org/

Infinite

Infinite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Science education is in crisis. The government has been forced to offer £25,000 scholarships to encourage physics, maths and chemistry graduates to train as teachers due to such a chronic shortage of secondary school teachers. A large part of the blame for the lack of science graduates going into teaching lies at the hands of Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley and other investment banks and hedge funds, who have made it their mission to tempt the best and the brightest into the City.
The Institute of Physics reckons that roughly a fifth of physics graduates entering the workplace every year get jobs in “finance” – more than the number who go on to work in “science and technical industries”, “energy and the environment” or “government”.
This is because banking has become reliant on mathematical modelling, and the people who are best at this are physics, maths and computer scientists. But rather than using those models to figure out how the universe began, they’re using them to make predictions about which companies, bonds or complex financial products might start making their firms money.

http://www.cityjobs....cs-maths-grads/

There's nothing inherently wrong with working in finance and whatnot but there are things more interesting, important and emotionally rewarding than making money.

But you understand, so there is no point dwelling on it.

Infinite

Infinite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Your observation seems weirdly true in my case Rak. Even though I'm not on Wall Street, at this rate I'll be a millionaire before most people get their four-year degrees. I am getting my degree in case it all blows up in my face though. Honestly I wish there were open labs, lectures and workshops where scientifically minded people could just go do science. A no degree, no pressure, learn at your own pace and contribute research when your ready type of thing. All the social pressure from being around like minded, motivated, passionate individuals would be enough to spur people to learn and contribute. I know there is a collective in Oakland California that does this type of thing, but there's nothing near me to my knowledge.

1) How will you be a millionaire?

2) You're in University right? Make the right friends in the science departments and see what happens there! Even if no lab stuff happens, you'll still be able to learn so much from talking to the right people and getting them to point you in the right direction. You don't 'need' a 'degree' to learn science. There are a lot of amateur scientists out there who contribute valuably to the collective knowledge of humans.

Maybe I'm being a little naive but you get my point. :)

Infinite

Infinite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
Well, sorry for derailing the thread - Main point is that SpaceX is awesome and the future looks bright, all hail Elon.
  • Erowind and rennerpetey like this

Erowind

Erowind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

1) How will you be a millionaire?

2) You're in University right? Make the right friends in the science departments and see what happens there! Even if no lab stuff happens, you'll still be able to learn so much from talking to the right people and getting them to point you in the right direction. You don't 'need' a 'degree' to learn science. There are a lot of amateur scientists out there who contribute valuably to the collective knowledge of humans.

Maybe I'm being a little naive but you get my point. :)

1) My crypto returns are insane and I'm not just holding like a drone. I've made a few good calls and am currently doing fundamentals research to make more. This involves reading research papers and wrapping my head around the computer science in them. After I make sure the tech is good I check to make sure the coin has an active, non toxic community. That the devs are active and competent and have a good roadmap that they have historically upheld. Finally I do some basic technical analysis and get a feel for how the coin reacts to various events in the market. For example, is this coin easily manipulated by rich whales? How does this coin react when bitcoin or ethereum go up and down? How does this coin react when China bans something for the umpteenth time only to unban and regulate it a few months or years later? So far, I've made about 1500% returns and it has only been around seven months. A hobo could get rich in this market if they played their cards right and did the right research. Also, there are a lot of newbies like myself that don't take any of the steps I just mentioned and instead FOMO (fear of missing out--to buy a coin on impulse) coins based on what they see everyone else doing. (This is a very good way to lose all your money, unless you only invest in BTC--in which case, buy it and forget about it for years.)

2) I am in a community college at the moment. My track record with school involves constantly butting heads with the authoritarian nature of our modern schools, this hasn't really changed in college--I just put up with it more now. Once I get to a university that fits me more things might change. My CC is terrible to be honest, administration recently cut the entire music and drama department and mutilated all non nursing focused parts of the science and humanities departments. For example, if you want to take a physics class there is only one for the whole school and it runs from 5pm to 10pm at night, because fuck you. If you want to take a chem class though, there are four classes running each semester due to the class being a requirement for my CC's fast track nursing program. This college is great if a person wants to become a certified nurse in 18 months, for everyone else it sucks. My community college recently got massive grants from Pittsburgh's resident "non-profit" megacorp University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC,) surely this grant has nothing to with the destruction of opportunity for non trade focused students at my college. Oh yah, administration also has the habit of raising tuition every 6-8 months and only hiring adjuncts as of late. On the bright side security knows me, so I often sleep my afternoons away in the old music room.

Some papers I've read recently:

https://cryptonote.org/whitepaper.pdf

https://iota.org/IOTA_Whitepaper.pdf

Infinite

Infinite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

1) Good luck and keep it up! You seem like you have a good handle on things.

2) Wow sounds bad, make the best of whatever is there I guess.

Alpha Centari

Alpha Centari

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

The first settlement on Mars will be the Jamestown of our time.

It'd be awesome if we named this settlement as New Jamestown but I suspect many will be more interested in naming it Musk City.

Musk City... it sounds memorable and honestly, Elon Musk deserves to have something named after him. This should be it.

Imagine the first humans born on Mars...

Raklian

Raklian

• Moderators
  • 6,512 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

It'd be awesome if we named this settlement as New Jamestown but I suspect many will be more interested in naming it Musk City.

Musk City... it sounds memorable and honestly, Elon Musk deserves to have something named after him. This should be it.

I'm absolutely green with envy. It's like while watching that Wanderers short-film, I get sick thinking I was born generations too early.

That's why I'm such a strong advocate for cyropreservation and reversal of the aging process.

Alpha Centari

Alpha Centari

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

I'm absolutely green with envy. It's like while watching that Wanderers short-film, I get sick thinking I was born generations too early.

That's why I'm such a strong advocate for cyropreservation and reversal of the aging process.
Oh yeah. I wonder if once we reach interplanetary travel capabilities, contacting intelligent extraterrestrial civilizations will be more easier, at least spot signs of it

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: SpaceX, Elon Musk, Mars, ITS, Mars landing, Mars colony, 2025, interplanetary species, successful civilization, video

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users