Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

What was your "Holy Shit! We're living in the future" moment?

future shock we live in the future The Future™

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Zeitgeist123

Zeitgeist123

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,802 posts

when i saw meg ryan's recent pics.

“Philosophy is a pretty toy if one indulges in it with moderation at the right time of life. But if one pursues it further than one should, it is absolute ruin." - Callicles to Socrates

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,155 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda

have talked about when I became a Born-Again Singularitarian, right? That was in 2014— March 2014 to be precise, and directly led to the first 'Yuli Banularity' that May. 
The thing that triggered me being Born-Again was actually just a simple recognition, me becoming self-aware of the current state of sci-tech. I was marveling over the fact I had two robots— a robot fan and a Roomba— and that there were other sorts of robots out there, like ASIMO. In fact, this image burned into my brain back then. Hence why I tend to defend ASIMO so much; like a newborn bird first viewing its mother. It didn't help that ASIMO was having a bit of a world tour circa 2014 (hence why there are so many videos about ASIMO that can be dated to 2014), meaning I had a lot of material to work with. 

Nobody's gonna take my drone, I'm gonna fly miles far too high!
Nobody gonna beat my drone, it's gonna shoot into the sky!

Jakob

Jakob

Fenny-Eyed Slubber-Yuck

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,255 posts
  • LocationIn the Basket of Deplorables

Last Thursday I was watching football with my dad for a bit and one of the commercials was advertising a VR headset. That did it for me. I said as much at the time.

• Yuli Ban likes this

Click 'show' to see quotes from great luminaries.

Spoiler

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • 17,155 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda

The South Korean President has been under the control of a Shadow Cabal of 8 oligarchs known as the "Eight Heavenly Fairies", including pseudo-Christian cultists and megacorp CEOs

This cyberpunk-ass headline sounds like it's been ripped from a Shadowrun novel. Consider that this is South Korea we're talking about— possibly the only nation more technophilic than Japan— and you can understand my continued exasperation. 

• nomad likes this

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • 17,155 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda

People born before the year 2000. What was you "what the actual fuck" when technology advanced?

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,970 posts
  • LocationLondon

• BasilBerylium likes this

As We Rise

As We Rise

I came back~!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

People born before the year 2000. What was you "what the actual fuck" when technology advanced?

Self-driving cars.

Let us all come together and help save the world, one tree at a time.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: future shock, we live in the future, The Future™

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users