Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

The Chicago Cubs Won The 2016 World Series

1908 2016

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,897 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda

Believe it! Chicago Cubs end the curse, win 2016 World Series
World Series 2016: Cubs parade will be held Friday
The Chicago Cubs and the Significance of '108'
I don't even care for baseball, and I thought that was amazing. What with Leo winning an Oscar and now this, it really does feel like everything's "wrapping up". A whole buncha plotlines are being finished.

When was the last time the Cubs won? 1908
So let's run down a little list I found on Reddit

• Last time the Cubs won- Bread didn't come in sliced bags.
  • Last time the Cubs won- Radio was a farfetched idea
  • Last time the Cubs won- Harry Caray had not been born.
  • Last time the Cubs won- roads were dirt.
  • Last time the Cubs won- the Titanic was just an idea.
  • Last time the Cubs won- horse and buggy was the luxury car.
  • Radio was invented; Cub fans got to hear their team lose.
  • TV was invented; Cub fans got to see their team lose.
  • Baseball added 14 teams; Cub fans got to see AND hear their team lose to more teams.
  • George Burns celebrated his 10th, 20th, 30th, 40th, 50th, 60th, 70th, 80th, 90th and 100th birthdays.
  • Haley’s Comet passed Earth… twice.
  • Harry Caray was born… and died. Incredible, but true.
  • The NBA, NHL and NFL were formed, and Chicago teams won championships in each league.
  • Man landed on the moon, as have several home runs given up by Cubs pitchers.
  • Sixteen US presidents were elected.
  • There were 11 amendments added to the Constitution.
  • Prohibition was created, and repealed.
  • The Titanic was built, set sail, sank, was discovered, and became the subject of major motion pictures… the latter giving Cub fans hope that something that finishes on the bottom can come out on top.
  • Wrigley Field was built and becomes the oldest park in the National League.
  • A combination of 40 summer & winter Olympics have been held.
  • Thirteen baseball players have won the Triple Crown; several thanked Cubs pitchers.
  • Bell bottoms came in style, went out of style, and came back in style.
  • The Cleveland Indians, Boston Red Sox, Arizona Diamondbacks, and Florida Marlins have ALL won the World Series.
  • The Cubs played 14,153 regular-season games; they lost the majority of them.
  • Alaska, Arizona, Hawaii, Oklahoma, and New Mexico were added to the Union.

Bill_buttlicker69

My favorite combines 2 of your facts: Arizona became a state, formed a baseball team, and they won the World Series since the Cubs' last championship.

All you need now is your hoverboard.

FR3wEMf.gif

Nobody's gonna take my drone, I'm gonna fly miles far too high!
Nobody gonna beat my drone, it's gonna shoot into the sky!

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,897 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda

Cubs World Series celebration ranks as 7th largest gathering in human history

Nobody's gonna take my drone, I'm gonna fly miles far too high!
Nobody gonna beat my drone, it's gonna shoot into the sky!

anilhoverboard

anilhoverboard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

hoverboard website provides endless reviews on every wheel that can be used for daily routine.

http://wheelgears.com/

rennerpetey

rennerpetey

Aspiring Immortal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • LocationLost in the Delta Quadrant

Can I talk about the shameless advertising again.  It's not even in a related forum this time.

"The doctor of the future will give no medicine, but will interest his patients in the care of the human frame, in diet, and in the cause and prevention of disease" - Thomas Alva Edison   "Democracy for an insignificant minority, Democracy for the rich - that is the democracy of a capitalist society." - Vladimir Lenin   "We're all stories in the end, just make it a good one." - Steven Moffat  "Believing oneself to be perfect is often the sign of a delusional mind" - LCDR Data  "We know that the individual is weak, but we also know that society is a power." - Karl Marx  "Government is not the solution, to our problem, government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan  "Conduct yourself in this world as if you are here to stay forever, and yet prepare for eternity as if you are to die tomorrow" - Prophet Muhammad  "The best way to predict the future is to create it" - Abraham Lincoln  "To Infinity, and Beyond" - Buzz Lightyear

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 1908, 2016

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users