Believe it! Chicago Cubs end the curse, win 2016 World Series
World Series 2016: Cubs parade will be held Friday
The Chicago Cubs and the Significance of '108'
I don't even care for baseball, and I thought that was amazing. What with Leo winning an Oscar and now this, it really does feel like everything's "wrapping up". A whole buncha plotlines are being finished.
When was the last time the Cubs won? 1908.
So let's run down a little list I found on Reddit
- Last time the Cubs won- Bread didn't come in sliced bags.
- Last time the Cubs won- Radio was a farfetched idea
- Last time the Cubs won- Harry Caray had not been born.
- Last time the Cubs won- roads were dirt.
- Last time the Cubs won- the Titanic was just an idea.
- Last time the Cubs won- horse and buggy was the luxury car.
- Radio was invented; Cub fans got to hear their team lose.
- TV was invented; Cub fans got to see their team lose.
- Baseball added 14 teams; Cub fans got to see AND hear their team lose to more teams.
- George Burns celebrated his 10th, 20th, 30th, 40th, 50th, 60th, 70th, 80th, 90th and 100th birthdays.
- Haley’s Comet passed Earth… twice.
- Harry Caray was born… and died. Incredible, but true.
- The NBA, NHL and NFL were formed, and Chicago teams won championships in each league.
- Man landed on the moon, as have several home runs given up by Cubs pitchers.
- Sixteen US presidents were elected.
- There were 11 amendments added to the Constitution.
- Prohibition was created, and repealed.
- The Titanic was built, set sail, sank, was discovered, and became the subject of major motion pictures… the latter giving Cub fans hope that something that finishes on the bottom can come out on top.
- Wrigley Field was built and becomes the oldest park in the National League.
- A combination of 40 summer & winter Olympics have been held.
- Thirteen baseball players have won the Triple Crown; several thanked Cubs pitchers.
- Bell bottoms came in style, went out of style, and came back in style.
- The Cleveland Indians, Boston Red Sox, Arizona Diamondbacks, and Florida Marlins have ALL won the World Series.
- The Cubs played 14,153 regular-season games; they lost the majority of them.
- Alaska, Arizona, Hawaii, Oklahoma, and New Mexico were added to the Union.
My favorite combines 2 of your facts: Arizona became a state, formed a baseball team, and they won the World Series since the Cubs' last championship.
All you need now is your hoverboard.