Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

President Trump News and Discussions

Donald Trump Trump USA Conservative 2016 Republican GOP POTUS China Conservative Christian

• Please log in to reply
2251 replies to this topic

caltrek

caltrek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,220 posts

Ok, The election is over. So we don't need to dwell on whether Hillary would have been better, whether Sanders could have won had he been nominated, etc.

What I propose is, that this being a Future Timeline forum,we discuss what the future of this country will look like with Trump as president. This is a particularly great challenge in that Trump prides himself on being unpredictable. So he seems to operate with that idea in mind.

So I want to start with a clean slate. Since Trump dealt in often contradictory and vague terms, lets give him a chance to present his ideas as a president-elect. Let him begin to conducting himself as president of the United States. Based on those actions, we can then offer critical comments or express our approval.

Do you like how he is proceeding with insuring a smooth and orderly transfer of power? Do you like the folks he is appointing to posts of various types of responsibility? Do you approve with how he is now dealing with leaders in the legislative branch?  Do his announced policy initiatives make sense?

In addition to expression of opinions, please feel free to provide links to articles that speak to these themes.

• eacao and Yuli Ban like this

The principles of justice define an appropriate path between dogmatism and intolerance on the one side, and a reductionism which regards religion and morality as mere preferences on the other.   - John Rawls

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,148 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda

Trump's such a fucking wild card, I can't even begin to imagine what his administration will be like.

But I no longer believe him to be bluffing about his positions as stated on the campaign. So chances are, you can definitely expect conservative and ultraconservative stances over the next 4 years, especially with a GOP-dominated government. Say goodbye to a green future, except for what the market dictates. As if the GOP will actually abide by the free market when their interests are not the ones dominating.

But here's the strange part— he's for Net Neutrality and breaking up the big telecoms, and he's also against the TPP and for isolationism and not antagonizing Russia (who could end civilization in a nuclear hellstorm). Conservatives fucking hate net neutrality— to this day, you can find them calling it "ObamaNet"— and they support the big telecoms. There's mixed opinions on the latter two.

So while I'm definitely betting he's going to go Full Ultra-authoritarian Conservative King on us, who knows.

Nobody's gonna take my drone, I'm gonna fly miles far too high!
Nobody gonna beat my drone, it's gonna shoot into the sky!

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • 17,148 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda

In fact, this is the first thing we get when discussing what Trump will do.

Sanders joins Trump in opposing AT&T/Time Warner merger

Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders agree on one thing, and it has nothing to do with their opinion of Hillary Clinton -- they both want the Justice Department to block AT&T's proposed $85 billion merger with Time Warner.
Trump announced his opposition almost before the deal was signed, telling a crowd in Gettysburg, Pa., last weekend that if he's elected, he will block the transaction.
Now Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) says he agrees. In a letter to the Justice Department, Sanders says the deal "represents a gross concentration of power that runs counter to the public good." 
A statement put out by the Trump campaign said the deal “concentrates too much power in the hands of the too and powerful few.” Trump's statement went further and said “the very corporations that have gained from shipping America’s factories and jobs offshore are the very same media conglomerate now pushing Hillary Clinton’s agenda.”

• eacao likes this

As We Rise

As We Rise

I came back~!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

postapoccapitol1.jpg

• wjfox and Yuli Ban like this

Let us all come together and help save the world, one tree at a time.

tierbook

tierbook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts
  • LocationCharleston sc

Well the stock market is up..... so that's interesting.

UtopianAims

UtopianAims

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

1. Large scale invasion of ISIS territory

2. The Great Wall of America

3. Illegals get deported

4. America drops out of NAFTA

5. Obamacare is Repealed

6. America opts out of TPP

7. Limits on Syrian Refugees

8. Increase in Military Funding

• Yuli Ban likes this

tierbook

tierbook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts
  • LocationCharleston sc

1. Large scale invasion of ISIS territory

2. The Great Wall of America

3. Illegals get deported

4. America drops out of NAFTA

5. Obamacare is Repealed

6. America opts out of TPP

7. Limits on Syrian Refugees

8. Increase in Military Funding

I do wonder if Trump will allow the Pentagon some lee-way in how to spend the money. Most articles I've seen have them wanting more money in advanced sciences so we have better ways to kill with, Railguns today are rail-handguns tomorrow. I just don't see a businessman with total control saying "NO" to developing new technologies to get a leg up on the competition. 

Guyverman1990

Guyverman1990

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts
Trump could end up being the fifth US president to be assassinated.

MikeMoss

MikeMoss

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Hi

I predict that...

Many Graffiti Artists get Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.

Think about it!

Mike

• nomad likes this

Recyvuym

Recyvuym

Apophis 2036

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • LocationDie Sonne

President Trump... so much to unpack here. As others have said it's difficult to guess just what the man's going to do, as he's already broadcasted that he intends to be unpredictable. I'm going to lay out a few scenarios here, some very optimistic given what's just happened, some very pessimistic, all of them plausible. The sheer diversity of these possible futures tells me just how uncertain a time we are now living in.

Best case scenario: US financial system melts down, Trump is paralysed and thereby discredited, GOP fractures internally, Democrats radically reform under someone like Sanders and regain control in the next election. US takes the lead in ending the Great Depression with a 21st century New Deal that redistributes wealth and restores power to the people. I wouldn't bet on this outcome.  Way too many things have to go right all at once.

Banality of evil: Trump is frustrated to discover the bureaucracy of government doesn't work quite the way he wanted, and becomes increasingly disillusioned with it. Eventually he leaves office and is replaced by someone the country finds more palatable as the Republicans struggle to placate the increasingly angry and radical left. This basically works, and things normalise somewhat, as the left settles into the new shitty normal, and the right begins to realise there really is no way out for them. The neocon Republicans are able to instate all sorts of awful changes in their four years and may then retain power for another four years. The American people are financially and spiritually broken, and put up little resistance as their country, and the world, spirals into extremism, totalitarianism and rapid climate change.

Trump retains power: Trump's presidency is extremely controversial and divisive. Despite having unprecedented levels of control over the US government, he finds himself unable to deliver on many of his campaign promises due to a shattered economy and changing technological trends. This leads to disillusionment among his voter base and a deeper sense of dissatisfaction among a nation that never really wanted him to begin with. Nonetheless, he is able to win the next election because the Democrats aren't going to learn their lesson within the next four years and will remain useless. His first term will end with the biggest global conflict since WWII: China and North Korea vs US, Japan, South Korea, Australia and others, which will carry on well into his second term. He will also become the first president to use nuclear weapons in anger since Truman. I think this is the most likely but it's very hard to tell from here.

Worst case scenario: The political and business establishments do not play ball with Trump, and fires stoke all throughout the country, eventually flaring into open insurrection. America descends into civil war. The entire world plunges into chaos and possibly world war. I don't think this will happen either, but considering fights have already broken out across the country and he's not even in yet, and the economy is yet to break down...

Some general predictions that could apply in most or all of the above scenarios:

• TPP will be redrafted and ostensibly destroyed, but it isn't really going away.
  • Climate change and ecological destruction will accelerate, however, this will cause a radical backlash in many parts of the world and they'll go very green.
  • Centrism is dead. Everyone's going far right, far left, far up and far out in the near future.
  • The quasi Cold War bullshit with Russia will tone down and we'll avoid nuclear armageddon.
  • US relations with radical right countries improve. Relations with centrist countries deteriorate.
  • The Iran nuclear deal is definitely getting scrapped and we're back to open hostility with Iran, interpret this as a good or bad.
  • Obamacare is gone, it was dead in the water anyway.
  • Yes, Trump really will fire Janet Yellen, and by the time he does, trust me, it's going to feel really cathartic.
  • Severe resistance from many echelons of American society will lead to a strong underground counterculture (this is the revolution we've been waiting for).
  • There will be crackdowns on illegal immigrants. I have no idea how Trump will go making Mexico build a wall. I expect him to be ruthless.
  • Surveillance state and executive powers are both going to get a lot worse.
  • Rules of engagement will become more brutal, more effective in specific theatres, but more aggravating overall, leading to a further increase in terrorism and conflict. War crimes, torture and indefinite detention are going up to the next level.

• Yuli Ban, PhoenixRu and Raarnt like this

I loudly predicted the second wave of the Global Financial Crisis would begin by the 31st of March 2017. But I was wrong! Observe my well-deserved public humiliation here, here and here. Let this be a warning to all of you who try to guess the future. Yes, that means you, reading this now! Put that prediction back in your pocket! Do it now, before it's too late! (Also check out my userpage, it's even funnier.)

Alric

Alric

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

First off the people Trump is setting up into position of power, Chris Christie, Rudy Giuliani, and Newt Gingrich, they all suck and are corrupt. I don't really expect much from Trump, when those are the people he chose to surround himself with.

I think his wall is a pipe dream, and it isn't going to happen. He might get some tiny symbolic wall, but what he wants isn't likely to happen and Mexico is definitely not paying for it.

I think there is most certainly going to be a war some where. Either with Iran or in Syria. If it was Trump by himself I don't think he would ever invade Iran, but with republicans in charge of congress they will likely push for a full scale war some where. The obvious target is Syria first though, boots on the ground.

I seem to be one of the few people who think so, but I believe Trump and the republicans are going to pass TPP and fairly quickly at that. They are going to pretend to change it and make some superficial and minor adjustment and then pass it. 

There is a chance Obamacare isn't going to get repealed but rather modified in some way. It might get improved if they actually try and fix it. The reason Obama care had so much trouble is because of them purposely screwing it up just so it would fail.

• Recyvuym likes this

PhoenixRu

PhoenixRu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,518 posts
  • LocationRussia

Very difficult to predict somenthing... the only thing i can guess is that newly elected president will be almost instinctively rejected and sabotaged by current establishment, incl. the big part of his own Republican party. This will lead him to clash with very powerful enemies: financial, political and cultural elite, the real masters of USA. There will be only two outcomes: they will break and "domesticate" him (very likely), or he (with his team) will break them and will form the new establishment with new mindset and ideology (very unlikely). In both cases, we'll see the short (or not so short) period of political turmiol. In second case, we'll also see slipping down from current semi-democracy / semi-oligarchy to more authoritarian practices.

That's all i can say.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

"And the Russian land, let God keep it! Under heavens, there is no other land like this. And although Russian nobles are not righteous neither kind, let God arrange the Russian land and give us enough justice" - Afanasy Nikitin, medieval traveler of XV century.

Septentrion

Septentrion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

I think there is most certainly going to be a war some where. Either with Iran or in Syria. If it was Trump by himself I don't think he would ever invade Iran, but with republicans in charge of congress they will likely push for a full scale war some where. The obvious target is Syria first though, boots on the ground.

It would have to be Trump by himself, or else the first formal declaration of war since WWII. Traditionally pro-war congress will be assuaged by the increase military spending.

Because it's no longer 2015

Sciencerocks

Sciencerocks

• Members
  • 6,750 posts

The last thing America needs is to increase funding to our military. North Korea has a huge military but the people live in their own shit...I guess that is what trump wants for us.

To follow my work on tropical cyclones

eacao

eacao

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Matt, please mate ease up on the pedal a bit. It's not a good look.

Only take advice from people who have what you want.
You don't decide your future. You decide your habits, and your habits decide your future.
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. - Abraham Lincoln.

caltrek

caltrek

• Members
  • 5,220 posts

What President-Elect Donald Trump Has Pledged to Do in His First 100 Days

http://abcnews.go.co...ory?id=43424814

Extract:

Laying out the aims of his administration, Trump said he will “repeal and replace ‘Obamacare,’” “immediately suspend the admission of Syrian refugees,” “order a review of every single regulation issued over the last eight years,” “begin lifting all regulations that are hurting our workers and our businesses,” “terminate every single unconstitutional executive order signed by President Obama,” “restore the rule of law to our land,” “begin implementing plans for construction of a wall along our southern border” and “get rid of” international gangs of thugs and drug cartels — all on his first day.

‘Drain the Swamp’

In the subsequent 99 days, Trump has promised to “drain the swamp” — the campaign’s term for rooting out corruption in Washington. A major pledge of his is a “constitutional amendment to impose term limits on all members of Congress.” Representatives and senators may currently serve an unlimited number of two- and six-year terms, respectively.

Additionally, Trump has proposed a law barring government officials from lobbying the government within five years of their service and prohibiting lobbying by those officials on behalf of foreign governments. He also said he will institute a hiring freeze in order to reduce the size of the federal government. Campaign finance reform would take the form of forbidding foreign lobbyists to raise money on behalf of campaigns in the U.S.

Trade and Foreign Policy

“We don’t win on trade” was a frequent refrain heard at Trump rallies, and in response, the real estate mogul has said he will renegotiate NAFTA and withdraw from the Trans-Pacific Partnership. He said he will direct his secretary of the treasury to pursue action against Chinese currency manipulation.

Repealing Obama Executive Orders is not good. That d____ wall idea is ludicrous. Some of these other proposals are good.

No opinion on my part yet regarding "currency manipulation."  

The principles of justice define an appropriate path between dogmatism and intolerance on the one side, and a reductionism which regards religion and morality as mere preferences on the other.   - John Rawls

PhoenixRu

PhoenixRu

• Members
  • 2,518 posts
  • LocationRussia

Extract:

= description of future deeds =

Interesting. If he'll really try at least half of this, then my prediction will quickly come true:

This will lead him to clash with very powerful enemies: financial, political and cultural elite, the real masters of USA. There will be only two outcomes: they will break and "domesticate" him, or he (with his team) will break them...

Anyway, it will be something interesting to watch (from safe distance). And:

“begin implementing plans for construction of a wall along our southern border”

I always thought this famous "wall" was just a metaphor for more strict immigration policy. If he going to build a real wall, this will be even more interesting. :)

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

"And the Russian land, let God keep it! Under heavens, there is no other land like this. And although Russian nobles are not righteous neither kind, let God arrange the Russian land and give us enough justice" - Afanasy Nikitin, medieval traveler of XV century.

tierbook

tierbook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts
  • LocationCharleston sc

http://abcnews.go.co...ory?id=43424814

Extract:

Laying out the aims of his administration, Trump said he will “repeal and replace ‘Obamacare,’” “immediately suspend the admission of Syrian refugees,” “order a review of every single regulation issued over the last eight years,” “begin lifting all regulations that are hurting our workers and our businesses,” “terminate every single unconstitutional executive order signed by President Obama,” “restore the rule of law to our land,” “begin implementing plans for construction of a wall along our southern border” and “get rid of” international gangs of thugs and drug cartels — all on his first day.

‘Drain the Swamp’

In the subsequent 99 days, Trump has promised to “drain the swamp” — the campaign’s term for rooting out corruption in Washington. A major pledge of his is a “constitutional amendment to impose term limits on all members of Congress.” Representatives and senators may currently serve an unlimited number of two- and six-year terms, respectively.

Additionally, Trump has proposed a law barring government officials from lobbying the government within five years of their service and prohibiting lobbying by those officials on behalf of foreign governments. He also said he will institute a hiring freeze in order to reduce the size of the federal government. Campaign finance reform would take the form of forbidding foreign lobbyists to raise money on behalf of campaigns in the U.S.

Trade and Foreign Policy

“We don’t win on trade” was a frequent refrain heard at Trump rallies, and in response, the real estate mogul has said he will renegotiate NAFTA and withdraw from the Trans-Pacific Partnership. He said he will direct his secretary of the treasury to pursue action against Chinese currency manipulation.

Repealing Obama Executive Orders is not good. That d____ wall idea is ludicrous. Some of these other proposals are good.

No opinion on my part yet regarding "currency manipulation."  

Why does it say subsequent 99 days? Are they counting Trump's presidency from elections day on? Rather on fair since he won't be president till January 20th or so

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • 17,148 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda

Trump could end up being the fifth US president to be assassinated.

For fuck's sake, you do NOT want Mike Pence being president.

• Sciencerocks likes this

PhoenixRu

PhoenixRu

• Members
  • 2,518 posts
  • LocationRussia

i just watched our TV-news about Trump forming his team. It seems he's a careful and vindictive guy checking even the posts and tweets of potential candidates: if there is something like "never with Trump" then, indeed, never with Trump :)

Now i fully understand the fear and confusion of European and Ukrainian elites who, just recently, mocked and bullied the "clown and marginal" and then suddenly, in one horrible night, discovered that same man going to become their Boss. This is a drama of Shakespearean scale :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Donald Trump, Trump, USA, Conservative, 2016, Republican, GOP, POTUS, China, Conservative Christian

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users