Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

President Trump News and Discussions

Donald Trump Trump USA Conservative 2016 Republican GOP POTUS China Conservative Christian

• Please log in to reply
2244 replies to this topic

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,129 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda

For one thing, I don't think it's going to be all neo-fascism across the globe. The pendulum is swinging in both directions at once in different places. The essential thing here is that the 'fulcrum' is lost - centrist governments will largely be dead in five years.

Same here. For example, I've already written off Greece as a fascist nation that hasn't realized it yet. Hence why all my 'Fictional Map Threads' kept seeing Greece colored black— once the GFC comes, say hello to Golden Dawn. I've no doubt they will take power, and within the decade at that. The EU's gonna see a lot of right wing governments as well; France, Germany, Hungary, the whole lot of them. But where the right's already in power (i.e. America), the opposite will happen. So I do expect a big response in 2018, but I expect an outright terrifying response in 2020.

The hard right just won total power in America. After 8 years of railing against the Liberal Antichrist, after being told they're racist, sexist, xenophobic, poor-hating demons, they're going to want vengeance. They've admitted that, once they have the power, they'll use it to do to the Left the same thing the Left did to them— marginalize, demonize, and sterilize. All the problems of the world are the fault of cis white males? White males caused Clinton to lose? White males should die? If you feel this way, don't even bother to scamper to your safe space— these cis white males are about to carpet nuke all your safe spaces, and do it with a smile. And no one will shed a tear, because we have all those years of harassment and arrogance.  And that comes at the cost of those people the SJWs swore to defend before they became radicalized keyboard warriors.

We've utterly proven that the mainstream media was in the pockets of the Democrats. CNN, MSNBC, CNBC, Huffington Post, Washington Post, NPR, and so many more— Clinton rags. In the coming years, this will definitely change. 

Once the right solidifies this power, do you think they'll want to give it up? No. 

So the coming storm won't even bother playing nice. They've seen what 'playing nice' led to. We already see that the Democrats aren't going to listen to reason, instead choosing to blame everyone and everything but their own corruption and hubris. 

They're seriously considering the possibility of running Tim Kaine— Tim. Fucking. Kaine.— in 2020. If not him, then maybe Michelle Obama. And we shouldn't be surprised if they actually, unironically try to run Hillary Clinton again

Don't even bother pretending. They're not going to learn their lesson. The GOP didn't. After the Tea Party came about and proved that a large section of American society wanted to make sure Obama was a one-term president, who did the GOP— who got decimated in 2008— nominate for president in 2012? Mitt Romney. They might as well have nominated Jeb! Bush then and there, because the results were the same. The Republicans were force-fed an establishment candidate they didn't want.

But that doesn't mean there won't be a coalition against the GOP in 2018 or 2020. My only fear is that this "coalition" will be unhinged as far as sociopolitics and economics go. 

When a bible wrapped in the American flag betrays him, as it will by 2020, Average Joe will get desperate. The man who would MAGA was now presiding over a nation more divided than it's been in 150 years, in a world that's falling apart. Whatever happened to making America great again? Well the problem wasn't that it couldn't be done— it very well could, and it's possible the Republicans could do it too. What went wrong was that the Republicans were stuck in this mindset that it was better in the past. Not just that, but it was done better in the past. So we're going to bring back past methods to solve current problems, when that's just not going to work. Like, at all. Manufacturing jobs left because of awful, neoliberal trade deals, that's true. But that was decades ago, and the world adapted. Suddenly reversing course isn't a good idea. Like, at all. Unless you're like me, and you support radical automation— then it's great! Bring as much manufacturing back as possible!

Once upon a time, I had a controller that used double-A batteries, and it worked well. But now my controller uses triple-A batteries, and the thing sucks gooch. I'm not going to Make Controllers Great Again by buying double-A batteries and doing my damnedest to shove 'em in there as hard as possible, thinking that'll solve the problem— now I just have blood and battery acid all over my fingers. And the controller's broken, too. So now I have no batteries, no controller, and no fingers. Splendid job! I could have bought more triple-A batteries, or better yet— just get a better damn controller.

But now the medical bills are coming in, and I also now have no way of playing video games either since my fingers got burned beyond repair. Really screwed up there! It's true; if I kept using that controller, I'd just get so frustrated by its fundamental godawfulness and battery-sapping ineptitude as to give up playing anyway, since I'd never actually be arsed to buy a controller.

And then Zombie Stalin comes in and breaks your dick. 

That's sorta where we're going.

• PhoenixRu likes this
Nobody's gonna take my drone, I'm gonna fly miles far too high!
Nobody gonna beat my drone, it's gonna shoot into the sky!

Unity

Unity

Information Organism

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,440 posts
https://www.google.c...-android-google

I'll post them as I find them

Recyvuym

Recyvuym

Apophis 2036

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • LocationDie Sonne

Yes you were right about Greece. I should have seen that coming.

The degree of damage the right can do is similar to the degree of damage the left can do. If Trump stays in power for only four years, he'll be able to shake things up but it might even prompt a reform of what I'm going to call the regressive left. If he gets eight years, well, carpet-bombing safe spaces sums it up nicely. And like you say:

They're seriously considering the possibility of running Tim Kaine— Tim. Fucking. Kaine.— in 2020. If not him, then maybe Michelle Obama. And we shouldn't be surprised if they actually, unironically try to run Hillary Clinton again

Oh how I miss the days when any of this would have surprised me in the slightest. No, I don't think the Democrats will learn their lesson, or get back into office in 2020. Not at this rate, anyway.

• Yuli Ban likes this

I loudly predicted the second wave of the Global Financial Crisis would begin by the 31st of March 2017. But I was wrong! Observe my well-deserved public humiliation here, here and here. Let this be a warning to all of you who try to guess the future. Yes, that means you, reading this now! Put that prediction back in your pocket! Do it now, before it's too late! (Also check out my userpage, it's even funnier.)

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,129 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda

nsssaqy0vpwx.png

• eacao, PhoenixRu, nomad and 2 others like this
Nobody's gonna take my drone, I'm gonna fly miles far too high!
Nobody gonna beat my drone, it's gonna shoot into the sky!

kjaggard

kjaggard

Artificer

• Moderators
  • 2,825 posts
  • Locationwhere fanciful imaginings and hard won knowledge meet to genesis the future.

The degree of damage the right can do is similar to the degree of damage the left can do. If Trump stays in power for only four years, he'll be able to shake things up but it might even prompt a reform of what I'm going to call the regressive left. If he gets eight years, well, carpet-bombing safe spaces sums it up nicely. And like you say:

Can do maybe, will do nope there is a Yuge difference. The left in the US are delicate flowers, a bunch of Vegan, new age, talk therapists. They have no spine, and they don't have the stomach for shock troops in jackboots marching in the streets. The right could do it in a heartbeat so long as they say Merry christmas and not happy holidays.

SJW as some call them may get assholish about white male privilage, but generally theres no powerbase or realistic idea of rounding them up and putting them in camps. But Rightwingers are perfectly willing to propose steraliing those on welfare and rounding up muslims and mexicans.

Do they get the same power, yes, but lefties have psychological blocks to the concept of ruthlessly applying tyranical power over anyone not from their group(s).

The right still believe Manifest Destiny, and have extended it's ambitions.

Live content within small means. Seek elegance rather than luxury, Grace over fashion and wealth over riches.
Listen to clouds and mountains, children and sages. Act bravely, think boldly.
Await occasions, never make haste. Find wonder and awe, by experiencing the everyday.

PhoenixRu

PhoenixRu

• Members
  • 2,510 posts
  • LocationRussia

...after being told they're racist, sexist, xenophobic, poor-hating demons, they're going to want vengeance. They've admitted that, once they have the power, they'll use it to do to the Left the same thing the Left did to them— marginalize, demonize, and sterilize. All the problems of the world are the fault of cis white males? White males caused Clinton to lose? White males should die? If you feel this way, don't even bother to scamper to your safe space— these cis white males are about to carpet nuke all your safe spaces, and do it with a smile. And no one will shed a tear, because we have all those years of harassment and arrogance.  And that comes at the cost of those people the SJWs swore to defend before they became radicalized keyboard warriors.

Holy truth. I'm not even American & never considered myself racist or oppressor-misogynist, yet even the short online conversation with this "bright and progressive" kind of people makes my blood boil.

But i'm not fully agree that "the hard right just won total power in America". Not yet. Trump and those behind his back still have to secure and consolidate their newly acquired power. They also have to break the mainstream media who were and still are working against them. And this will not be an easy task.

• eacao and Yuli Ban like this

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

"And the Russian land, let God keep it! Under heavens, there is no other land like this. And although Russian nobles are not righteous neither kind, let God arrange the Russian land and give us enough justice" - Afanasy Nikitin, medieval traveler of XV century.

Recyvuym

Recyvuym

Apophis 2036

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • LocationDie Sonne

I didn't explain that point very well. What I mean is, imagine the Obama administration from the Republicans' perspective. To many of them, he was much the same antichrist Trump is to the left. It was in Obama's second term that he started really pissing them off. Gay marriage? Marijuana legalisation?! etc.

In the same way, you're going to see a lot more damaging Republican policies if they get an eight-year office than a four-year office. That's all I meant.

I loudly predicted the second wave of the Global Financial Crisis would begin by the 31st of March 2017. But I was wrong! Observe my well-deserved public humiliation here, here and here. Let this be a warning to all of you who try to guess the future. Yes, that means you, reading this now! Put that prediction back in your pocket! Do it now, before it's too late! (Also check out my userpage, it's even funnier.)

caltrek

caltrek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,186 posts

I think it s a smart move for Democrats to offer to work with Donald Trump.  He has created many enemies in the Republican camp.  While many of his declared policies are obnoxious, a danger to civil liberties, and a danger to the planet, many others are actually constructive in nature. The only hope the Democrats have is to ally themselves on occasion with a minority in the Republican party to carry out reforms that would other wise be blocked by a majority in that party. Trump has the institutional power to enable that coalition.

Trump is a con artist. This means that he convinced the right wing of his party to follow him as leader. It is up to Trump to deal with the possible howls of betrayal that might arise from the ranks of the Republican party should he on occasion strike up an alliance with the Democrats. That is a corner he has painted himself into.  It is time somebody else take the heat for introducing a little bit of reality into the ranks of the Republicans. Perhaps, in the end, the populace will go over to the Democrats to support the real thing, as opposed to a mixture of half-baked ideas and sound policy proposals.

The principles of justice define an appropriate path between dogmatism and intolerance on the one side, and a reductionism which regards religion and morality as mere preferences on the other.   - John Rawls

caltrek

caltrek

• Members
  • 5,186 posts

I am not sure why Yuli Ban felt the need to create an alternative thread on this topic, but I see no real problem with having such a thread.  I have provided a link in case the two threads drift apart on the boards.

http://www.futuretim...nd-discussions/

The principles of justice define an appropriate path between dogmatism and intolerance on the one side, and a reductionism which regards religion and morality as mere preferences on the other.   - John Rawls

caltrek

caltrek

• Members
  • 5,186 posts

South Korea Says Trump Pledged Commitment to Its Defense

http://www.msn.com/e...ID=ansmsnnews11

Extract:

U.S. President-elect Donald Trump pledged his commitment to defending South Korea under an existing security alliance during a phone call with South Korean President Park Geun-hye on Thursday, her office said.

Trump had said during the election campaign he would be willing to withdraw U.S. military stationed in South Korea unless Seoul paid a greater share of the cost of the deployment. There are about 28,500 U.S. troops based in South Korea in combined defense against North Korea.

Park said the alliance between the two countries had grown as they faced various challenges over the past six decades, adding she hoped the ties would develop further.

She asked Trump to join in the effort to help minimize the threat from the North, which has carried out a series of nuclear and missile tests in defiance of UN Security Council resolutions and sanctions.

Trump agreed with Park and said: "We will be steadfast and strong with respect to working with you to protect against the instability in North Korea," the presidential Blue House said.

170px-History_of_Korea-476.PNG

MarcZ

MarcZ

Chief Flying Car Critic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,241 posts
  • LocationCanada

Donald Trump wants a Ronald Reagan-Margaret Thatcher style relationship with Theresa May.

http://www.bloomberg...al-relationship

TranscendingGod

TranscendingGod

2020's the decade of our reckoning

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,548 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

http://www.forbes.co...h/#5885db3f5c2e

Seems the banks are happy and the tech industries are worried. 

The growth of computation is doubly exponential growth. 

caltrek

caltrek

• Members
  • 5,186 posts

They also have to break the mainstream media who were and still are working against them

Hate to break it to you, but the mainstream media is now cooing and in such awe of The Donald that they might as well be owned by him.

TranscendingGod

TranscendingGod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,548 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

...after being told they're racist, sexist, xenophobic, poor-hating demons, they're going to want vengeance. They've admitted that, once they have the power, they'll use it to do to the Left the same thing the Left did to them— marginalize, demonize, and sterilize. All the problems of the world are the fault of cis white males? White males caused Clinton to lose? White males should die? If you feel this way, don't even bother to scamper to your safe space— these cis white males are about to carpet nuke all your safe spaces, and do it with a smile. And no one will shed a tear, because we have all those years of harassment and arrogance.  And that comes at the cost of those people the SJWs swore to defend before they became radicalized keyboard warriors.

Holy truth. I'm not even American & never considered myself racist or oppressor-misogynist, yet even the short online conversation with this "bright and progressive" kind of people makes my blood boil.

But i'm not fully agree that "the hard right just won total power in America". Not yet. Trump and those behind his back still have to secure and consolidate their newly acquired power. They also have to break the mainstream media who were and still are working against them. And this will not be an easy task.

Watch this movie. It will help you realize a great part of why Trump won. Just watch it before you even comment. The rhetoric that Trump used has been used for decades and it has a clear message. Oh yeah it also shows that the left has been appealing to the majority this whole time as well. 

I've never understood this acronym SJW and what it is meant to stand for (other than the obvious Social Justice Warrior). Social justice as far as i am aware of is something worth fighting for.

PhoenixRu

PhoenixRu

• Members
  • 2,510 posts
  • LocationRussia

They also have to break the mainstream media who were and still are working against them

Hate to break it to you, but the mainstream media is now cooing and in such awe of The Donald that they might as well be owned by him.

Seriously? Reminded me the well known joke of history - French newspaper's description of Napoleon returning to power in 1815:

Spoiler

But can you provide me some examples like this one? Some exact media mocking Trump before 9 november and bend in awe after 9 november?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

"And the Russian land, let God keep it! Under heavens, there is no other land like this. And although Russian nobles are not righteous neither kind, let God arrange the Russian land and give us enough justice" - Afanasy Nikitin, medieval traveler of XV century.

TranscendingGod

TranscendingGod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,548 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Seriously? Reminded me the well known joke of history - French newspaper's description of Napoleon returning to power in 1815:

Spoiler

Last time i checked and the mainstream media did not take part in government beyond influencing the public in their elections and decisions. However the United States government as far as i am aware of only has 3 branches of government. So yes the Republicans will soon control all 3 branches of government.

PhoenixRu

PhoenixRu

• Members
  • 2,510 posts
  • LocationRussia

Last time i checked and the mainstream media did not take part in government beyond influencing the public in their elections and decisions. However the United States government as far as i am aware of only has 3 branches of government.

Media is often called "4th branch of power". Whoever owns them, can form and influence the public opinion and thus influence these 3 official branches.

Sorry for explaining the obvious. I'm sure you're already know it.

caltrek

caltrek

• Members
  • 5,186 posts

There Is No Trump Mandate

http://mediamatters....-mandate/214403

Mainstream Media Uncritically Repeat Ryan’s False Mandate Claim

Reuters: “Trump’s Mandate.” Reuters referred to the election result as “Trump’s mandate” and discussed its possible effect on a legislative agenda.

It remains to be seen whether House Republicans view Trump's mandate as extending to other, prominent campaign promises. Trump staked much of his candidacy on opposing major trade deals, while Republicans have generally favored free trade. [Reuters, 11/9/16]

McClatchy: “Trump Gets A Mandate.” [McClatchy News, 11/8/16]

Matt Lauer: “Paul Ryan Says Trump Has A Mandate.” From the November 10 edition of Today:

MATT LAUER: Paul Ryan says Trump has a mandate. Even though he didn't win the popular vote, he obviously has the White House, the House and the Senate. Do Republicans have a mandate? [NBC, Today, 11/10/16]

Daily Beast’s Jackie Kucinich: “Right Now … Republicans Are Saying They Have The Mandate.” From the November 10 edition of New Day:

PhoenixRu

PhoenixRu

• Members
  • 2,510 posts
  • LocationRussia

I am not sure why Yuli Ban felt the need to create an alternative thread on this topic, but I see no real problem with having such a thread.  I have provided a link in case the two threads drift apart on the boards.

http://www.futuretim...nd-discussions/

Yes, another twin threads (there are a lot of them already). I wonder is it technically possible to merge them?

• Yuli Ban likes this

TranscendingGod

TranscendingGod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,548 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Last time i checked and the mainstream media did not take part in government beyond influencing the public in their elections and decisions. However the United States government as far as i am aware of only has 3 branches of government.

Media is often called "4th branch of power". Whoever owns them, can form and influence the public opinion and thus influence these 3 official branches.

Sorry for explaining the obvious. I'm sure you're already know it.
Yeah they influence the public but the public has already chosen. For the next 2 years for the Senate and the next 4 years for the president. Potentially a lifetime for the supreme Court.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Donald Trump, Trump, USA, Conservative, 2016, Republican, GOP, POTUS, China, Conservative Christian

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users