Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

President Trump News and Discussions

Donald Trump Trump USA Conservative 2016 Republican GOP POTUS China Conservative Christian

• Please log in to reply
2255 replies to this topic

TranscendingGod

TranscendingGod

2020's the decade of our reckoning

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts
  • LocationGeorgia
https://youtu.be/rWDDE05Zhi0

The growth of computation is doubly exponential growth. 

PhoenixRu

PhoenixRu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,519 posts
  • LocationRussia

I've never understood this acronym SJW and what it is meant to stand for (other than the obvious Social Justice Warrior). Social justice as far as i am aware of is something worth fighting for.

Yes, social justice is worth fighting for. The only problem, i'm afraid, our understanding of social justice is very different. Meanwhile, when we're busy arguing online, some Black "social justice warriors" already doing it on the streets:

https://twitter.com/...087604101541889

In Russian (i'm a bit lazy to search for original). The text part is "Peaceful and educated young Democrats explains their political position to Trump supporter".

PS yes, i'm agree that US prison-industrial complex is a modern analogue of slavery. But frankly, as Yuli Ban said, i wouldn't shed a single tear if those "peaceful and educated young Democrats" became the modern slaves till the end of their days or were executed by firing squad.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

"And the Russian land, let God keep it! Under heavens, there is no other land like this. And although Russian nobles are not righteous neither kind, let God arrange the Russian land and give us enough justice" - Afanasy Nikitin, medieval traveler of XV century.

caltrek

caltrek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,220 posts

Media Said If Elected, Clinton Should Include Republicans In Her Cabinet. Will They Hold Trump To That Standard?

http://mediamatters.org/research/2016/11/10/media-said-if-elected-clinton-should-include-republicans-her-cabinet-will-they-hold-trump-standard/214404

Extract:

Media Figures Argued That If Clinton Were Elected, She Should Appoint Republicans To Top Positions: Wash. Post’s Jennifer Rubin: If Clinton Is Elected, She Should Appoint “Republicans And Independents To Prominent … Cabinet And White House Jobs.” Conservative Washington Post columnist Jennifer Rubin wrote in October that a President Clinton “would be wise to style hers as a national unity government” and appoint “Republicans and independents to prominent -- not token -- Cabinet and White House jobs”:

In other words, she is still making a concerted effort to reach out to Republicans rather than tie the entire GOP to Trump. That might be seen as a selfish attempt to run up the score, maybe swing red states her way. But she also sounds like someone very much aware that she’s going to have to pick up the pieces and govern for the next four years. Barring a filibuster-proof Senate, she is going to need some cooperation from Republicans.

She would be wise to continue that beyond Election Day. That means a unifying inaugural speech. It means appointment of Republicans and independents to prominent -- not token -- Cabinet and White House jobs. She would be wise to style hers as a national unity government and begin outreach and agenda-planning with congressional leaders sooner rather than later. With much of the "vast right-wing conspiracy" vanquished and humiliated, she may have the opportunity to forge some meaningful alliances. [The Washington Post, 10/13/16]

The principles of justice define an appropriate path between dogmatism and intolerance on the one side, and a reductionism which regards religion and morality as mere preferences on the other.   - John Rawls

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,155 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda

Let's not even joke: he won't. 

There's this delusion that Trump is a deep-cover progressive. He was liberal most of his life, so he must still be a liberal now. He just pulled a Bernie and went Repub to win the election, right?

This whole election should have been a wake-up call to such foolishness. Face it! He's not going to pursue Uptown Liberal policies. If he did, why did he choose Mike Pence as a VP? Why is he considering Sarah Palin and Rudy Giuliani for his cabinet? Why is he planning on putting a climate skeptic in charge of the EPA? Why is he planning on gutting the FDA? Why is he saying he'll pack SCOTUS with Scalias?

Sure, he's just doing all that to appease his base. Right?

Yeah, sure. Keep telling yourself that. And I know these types will keep telling themselves that. Just look at Trump's victory. Who are they blaming for it? Everyone and everything under the sun, except themselves. It's all the fault of angry white working men! It's all the fault of Uncle Toms! It's all the fault of racism, sexism, misogyny, xenophobia...!

Never mind that Clinton was smiling when she told coal workers she'd put them out of a job. Same working class voters who swept Trump into the White House. Regardless of whether coal is going to screw our planet over or not, you don't tell workers you're going to put them out of a job. Especially when you offer no alternative. We know there's an alternative, but Clinton sure as hell wasn't saying what it was. And then the Dems had the gall to call the TPP a golden standard of trade deals. Everyone, even the far right, wants to fuck that shit away.

It's hilarious that the Left was actively ignoring the one thing that usually so perfect defines leftism— class conflict. It came back to bite them in the ass, because they treated the working class as disposable pawns. The working class will "obviously" vote Democrat, right? Except the white working class is full of [insert-SJW-buzzword-here], so don't even bother catering to them. Because they're white. Completely forgetting they're also part of the working class. And the Democrats have become the party of snotty, elitist academics who are simply too smart for everyone else.

If you took out all the proper nouns and replaced them with things from, say, France in the 1780s or Russia in the 1910s, it would sound like I'm referring to the Democrats as the Aristocrats.

It's possibly the biggest irony of the 21st century thus far that the Left has ignored class issues and the Right won because of them.

And what is that gonna give us?

I'll tell you what it's not— a bipartisan Trump administration. Things are about to get much worse.

But Yahtzee Croshaw said it best: should we choose to get it over with now, or to prolong the inevitable? Let's face it— this was going to happen. If not this year, then in 2020.

• Sciencerocks likes this
Nobody's gonna take my drone, I'm gonna fly miles far too high!
Nobody gonna beat my drone, it's gonna shoot into the sky!

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • 17,155 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda

8dfucbprw2wx.png

The alternative to these words just gave us President Trump, who has enabled a whole demographic of hatemongers on the alt-right. Maybe we can actually learn in time? By 2018? 

Remember what worker solidarity was supposed to be? And on that subject, that also doesn't mean turning away bourgeois and non-workers who want to join the movement. 

We went wrong when the Left fractured into a thousand different identities. They're now trying to create one massive safe-space over along the Pacific seaboard, which would just assure, hands-down, no-holds-barred GOP domination for the next generation. 

The Christian Right, the alt-right, the ultra-corporate right, the ones who we've been mocking and hating for years now? If there's one thing I've gotta give to them, it's that they had solidarity. They didn't always agree, but they stuck together and, in the end, they got what they wanted.

It's just been soooo pathetic to see these ideals— worker-centric populism, anti-free trade, anti-interventionism, class struggle, and solidarity— totally vanish from the American Left and reappear on the American Right. And I'll keep saying it in these overly long posts.

caltrek

caltrek

• Members
  • 5,220 posts

^^^So the mainstream media will also probably not ask why Trump does not have Democrats in his cabinet. Can anyone say "double standard".

But hey, the main stream media also says he has a mandate to govern.  So why complain?

No evidences of bias here folks.  So, just move along and don't ask any questions while the professional Republicans clean up the mess left by all those grouchy class conflict warriors. Also, trust us (in the main stream media) we will tell you what you need to know and think.

The principles of justice define an appropriate path between dogmatism and intolerance on the one side, and a reductionism which regards religion and morality as mere preferences on the other.   - John Rawls

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • 17,155 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda

At this point in the game, though, it's probably for the best that they don't. The GOP controls the government, from the top down.

The GOP is not as pussyfooted as the Democrats. The Dems didn't fillibuster for 8 years under Bush, nor did they do so for 12 years under Reagan and Bush Sr. That's all the GOP did for Obama, and they only tolerated Bill because he lurched to the right himself. 

The Republicans fall in line. The Democrats fall in love. Republicans always vote; the Democrats will only vote when they feel like it. And when the Democrats have power, they go out of their way to not offend anyone, while the Republicans will gladly hand the country over to Wall Street on live TV.

They have their agendas, and they've been bloodthirsty for getting them through. They won't hold themselves to the same, effete standards that crippled the Democrats. When the Democrats had absolute power in 2008, they bungled it up. Now that the Republicans have full power— and I mean absolute power, the likes of which we haven't seen since 1928— they will use it. It's not the same as it was under the Bush's or Reagan, and even a Clinton victory couldn't have helped her in that regard since the Democrats totally forgot about assisting the down-ticket candidates. There would have been gridlock that makes the past 8 years look like veritable political diarrhea.

CNN? About to become Conservative News Network if they so much as dare go against Trump again. The liberal outlets have already lost all credibility.  MSNBC is truly just another wing of the DNC's Ministry of Truth, so why bother tuning in there? 

The Democrats have been disgraced, and their response to being disgraced is to do more disgraceful things (i.e. contemplate running Tim Kaine in 2020, keeping Brazile as the head of the DNC chair, openly warring against the same voters who could have been their allies), so I just don't know what to say there. It's possible people are going to say "Trump shouldn't put Democrats in his cabinet." They're the corrupt party that hates workers so much that they sabotaged a populist champion of the working class, bragged about said sabotage, and they handpicked Donald Trump to run as a Republican because they thought they'd handily defeat him. 

What I fear is when the discourse goes "What if the Democrats were wrong about other things too?" Things like...

I bet it'll go there, and the Democrats have no one else to blame but themselves for that one.

PhoenixRu

PhoenixRu

• Members
  • 2,519 posts
  • LocationRussia

Yes, social justice is worth fighting for. The only problem, i'm afraid, our understanding of social justice is very different. Meanwhile, when we're busy arguing online, some Black "social justice warriors" already doing it on the streets:

In Russian (i'm a bit lazy to search for original). The text part is "Peaceful and educated young Democrats explains their political position to Trump supporter".

Another "peaceful and educated young Democrats":

https://twitter.com/...994758837227520

A feel deja vu... This more and more reminds me the beginning of Ukrainian maidan: Trump = Yanukowich, "Банду геть!" = "Not Our President!", even California = Crimea. But the continuation and final may be different: after one month of violent protests with few (or few tens?) corpses of "peaceful protesters", the electoral college, "to heal the wounds of divided nation", will be "forced" to vote for Hillary.

Btw, i just learned the new English word: crybullies... a very precise word :

Spoiler

• Yuli Ban likes this

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

"And the Russian land, let God keep it! Under heavens, there is no other land like this. And although Russian nobles are not righteous neither kind, let God arrange the Russian land and give us enough justice" - Afanasy Nikitin, medieval traveler of XV century.

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • 17,155 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda

That would just start many, many more violent protests. That would literally be the worst possible—

What the fuck am I saying. The Dumbocrats have made it clear they're the party of Worst Possible Decisions. I shouldn't be surprised if that's what they do.

Time_Traveller

Time_Traveller

Master of Time Travel

• Members
  • 6,066 posts
  • LocationRepublic of Jordan, 1 January 3025 C.E.
Trump election: Juncker warns Trump presidency may upset US ties with Europe

11 November 2016

Donald Trump's election as US president risks upsetting US ties with Europe, EU Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker has warned.

"We will need to teach the president-elect what Europe is and how it works," Mr Juncker told a student audience in Luxembourg.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...europe-37957673

I want to go ahead of Father Time with a scythe of my own.

H. G. Wells

kjaggard

kjaggard

Artificer

• Moderators
  • 2,827 posts
  • Locationwhere fanciful imaginings and hard won knowledge meet to genesis the future.

funny how that worked out.

Live content within small means. Seek elegance rather than luxury, Grace over fashion and wealth over riches.
Listen to clouds and mountains, children and sages. Act bravely, think boldly.
Await occasions, never make haste. Find wonder and awe, by experiencing the everyday.

As We Rise

As We Rise

I came back~!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

funny how that worked out.

For some reason, that doesn't surprise me.

Let us all come together and help save the world, one tree at a time.

kjaggard

kjaggard

Artificer

• Moderators
  • 2,827 posts
  • Locationwhere fanciful imaginings and hard won knowledge meet to genesis the future.

I think what is more important a take away from this is the "His advisors" part of it. It reminds me how a while back there was a story of him contacting people to find his running mate and essentially doing what a realestate owner does. Find a property manager who will run the property in your name. Trump doesn't want to make the hard choices and do the work, he wants the title and the attention.

So what we are really looking at from this point on is Trump being Handled by Advisors toward goals that largely are the interests of an unopposed GOP.

Live content within small means. Seek elegance rather than luxury, Grace over fashion and wealth over riches.
Await occasions, never make haste. Find wonder and awe, by experiencing the everyday.

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • 17,155 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda

Trey Gowdy Announces Full Blown Resurrection Of Investigation Now That Elections Are Over… She Is Finished

Hillary Clinton may not be our president, but that doesn’t mean Trey Gowdy plans to let her off the hook for her crimes.
Gowdy was easily reelected to Congress this week, despite the efforts of Democrats’ to give him the boot. With his position secured, he’s focusing his attention on making sure Clinton sees justice.

“There is sufficient evidence, both direct and circumstantial, upon which a jury could conclude an intent to violate the law,” Gowdy commented. “This evidence includes concealment of evidence, destruction of evidence, and false exculpatory statements—all of which fall under the general heading of consciousness of guilt.”
“It would appear the investigation is back to the status quo ante, which means Director Comey believes Secretary Clinton was indeed extremely careless in her handling of classified material,” he added.
“Yet, there is insufficient evidence to prove beyond a reasonable doubt Secretary Clinton had a specific intent to violate a statute which specifically provides for the lower sector standard of gross negligence,” Gowdy concluded.
Do you support Gowdy for continuing to hold Clinton responsible for her crimes?

• eacao likes this

TranscendingGod

TranscendingGod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Another "peaceful and educated young Democrats":

https://twitter.com/...994758837227520

A feel deja vu... This more and more reminds me the beginning of Ukrainian maidan: Trump = Yanukowich, "Банду геть!" = "Not Our President!", even California = Crimea. But the continuation and final may be different: after one month of violent protests with few (or few tens?) corpses of "peaceful protesters", the electoral college, "to heal the wounds of divided nation", will be "forced" to vote for Hillary.

Btw, i just learned the new English word: crybullies... a very precise word :

Spoiler

Violence perpetuated by a few is a false representation of any sort of population. Frankly I don't understand what you are attempting to say when you say that "our understanding of social justice is different" as i would tend to agree with the definition a quick Google search procures "justice in terms of the distribution of wealth, opportunities, and privileges within a society." Racial tensions are high and I will not excuse violence from any party but the reality is that race has always been a prominent subject in any United States Election. If you watch that movie I made reference to it will shed some light that the rhetoric espoused in this election is simply a continuation of the rhetoric of decades prior.

Minorities and women are not equal in America today irregardless of the progress that we HAVE made, and there are prejudices deeply ingrained in our society. If the election was clear about one thing it would be that.

Of course as I have mentioned before education, a bad Democratic candidate, the inability to address the issues of the problems of employment and finances that the poor and middle class Americans are facing, and all the other stuff about which a lot of books will be written.

Nevertheless the striving for the equality of all people as people is and will continue to be in my eyes a worthy goal. If that goal is made reference to as social justice then let us know it for what it is and not for the political attack that it has turned into for I imagine that "SJW" is something else entirely and in the heated nature of the political has been obfuscated from the noble goal that is social justice.

Cody930

Cody930

An Apple Pie from Scratch

• Moderators
  • 2,509 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey, US

Just a general announcement, keep all Trump news in here so no one gets confused. I won't merge the threads cause there were a lot of different discussions that'll get mixed up. Just please stick to this thread for now.

• wjfox and Yuli Ban like this

"Since we first emerged, a few million years ago in East Africa, we have meandered our way around the planet. There are now people on every continent and the remotest islands, from pole to pole, from Mount Everest to the Dead Sea, on the ocean bottoms and even, occasionally, in residence 200 miles up - humans, like the gods of old, living in the sky."

TranscendingGod

TranscendingGod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

http://foreignpolicy...lican-democrat/

"Trump’s victory is the victory of the uninformed. But, to be fair, Clinton’s victory would also have been."

Maximus

Maximus

Spaceman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts
  • LocationCanada

Trump Picks Top Climate Skeptic to Lead EPA Transition

https://www.scientif...epa-transition/

Donald Trump has selected one of the best-known climate skeptics to lead his U.S. EPA transition team, according to two sources close to the campaign.

Myron Ebell, director of the  at the conservative Competitive Enterprise Institute, is spearheading Trump’s transition plans for EPA, the sources said.

The Trump team has also lined up leaders for its Energy Department and Interior Department teams. Republican energy lobbyist Mike McKenna is heading the DOE team; former Interior Department solicitor David Bernhardt is leading the effort for that agency, according to sources close to the campaign.

A hint of things to come...Look this guy and his think tank up if you want to spend a few minutes tearing your hair out.

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done. -Peter Ustinov

kjaggard

kjaggard

Artificer

• Moderators
  • 2,827 posts

http://www.ny1.com/n...-days-plan.html

it starts out sounding all pretty but as you go through it, the between the lines meanings are a bit terrifying in implication.

MarcZ

MarcZ

Chief Flying Car Critic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,241 posts
  • LocationCanada

Trump suggests he may be open to keeping parts of Obamacare

In particular he thinks that preventing the denial of coverage for pre-existing conditions, and allowing adults to stay on their parents plan until age of 26 are provisions that should be kept. He thinks the rest of the law should still be seriously amended or scrapped. He may be right too, as Obamacare premiums have been skyrocketing of late in many states as the state exchanges are collapsing into monopolies. 

http://www.bbc.com/n...s-2016-37953528

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Donald Trump, Trump, USA, Conservative, 2016, Republican, GOP, POTUS, China, Conservative Christian

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users