Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

President Trump News and Discussions

Donald Trump Trump USA Conservative 2016 Republican GOP POTUS China Conservative Christian

• Please log in to reply
2251 replies to this topic

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,148 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda

• eacao likes this
Nobody's gonna take my drone, I'm gonna fly miles far too high!
Nobody gonna beat my drone, it's gonna shoot into the sky!

kjaggard

kjaggard

Artificer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,827 posts
  • Locationwhere fanciful imaginings and hard won knowledge meet to genesis the future.

1) Of course he's not going to scrap Obama care. Think of it like a car his ex-gives his daughter for her birthday. He won't take it away from her. He just keep taking out parts and selling them until she has a junker than doesn't work. Then it's mommies crappy worthless gift and she'll end up getting her own or take what daddy offers.

Leave a hollow husk of Obamas legacy as a proof of how he couldn't even do that right, and how the GOP and Trump were right all along.

2) Apparently The vice president elect Really really tried to push through the TPP. And no he's in the copilot seat of a president who flips position at the drop of a hat and starts his term in his seventies.

3) Something for our good buddy Ru "When Donald Trump and I observe that, as I’ve said in Syria, in Iran, in Ukraine, that the small and bullying leader of Russia has been stronger on the world stage than this administration, that’s stating painful facts. That's not an endorsement of Vladimir Putin. That’s an indictment of the weak and feckless leadership." Mike Pence Future VP and replacement for the big chair if the Oldest president of the US dies in Office.

This will be a president for the record books.

Live content within small means. Seek elegance rather than luxury, Grace over fashion and wealth over riches.
Listen to clouds and mountains, children and sages. Act bravely, think boldly.
Await occasions, never make haste. Find wonder and awe, by experiencing the everyday.

PhoenixRu

PhoenixRu

• Members
  • 2,518 posts
  • LocationRussia

Something for our good buddy Ru "When Donald Trump and I observe that, as I’ve said in Syria, in Iran, in Ukraine, that the small and bullying leader of Russia has been stronger on the world stage than this administration, that’s stating painful facts. That's not an endorsement of Vladimir Putin. That’s an indictment of the weak and feckless leadership." Mike Pence Future VP and replacement for the big chair if the Oldest president of the US dies in Office.

This will be a president for the record books.

I may be naive sometimes, but not THAT naive to think and hope Republican administration will become a big friend of Russia. Few months ago i told the same thing (to Caltrek, if my memory serves): Trump is NOT endorsing Putin, he just blame the "weak" current administration.

Still i think they (Trump and his team) will be better for Russia than the clan of clintonoids.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

"And the Russian land, let God keep it! Under heavens, there is no other land like this. And although Russian nobles are not righteous neither kind, let God arrange the Russian land and give us enough justice" - Afanasy Nikitin, medieval traveler of XV century.

PhoenixRu

PhoenixRu

• Members
  • 2,518 posts
  • LocationRussia

funny how that worked out.

Well, he's right. If i was Trump, i too would be VERY careful in my words and deeds till 19 december, or even till 20 january. But then, when I strengthen my position, there would be the day of triumph and tears... enemy's tears... everyone who mocked and bullied me before, everyone who demonstrated the slightest disobedience or disrespect, would be SEVERELY punished.  :biggrin:

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

"And the Russian land, let God keep it! Under heavens, there is no other land like this. And although Russian nobles are not righteous neither kind, let God arrange the Russian land and give us enough justice" - Afanasy Nikitin, medieval traveler of XV century.

caltrek

caltrek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,220 posts

Given how Trump reached out to Ted Cruz and other primary opponents after he clinched the nomination, I suppose this (see below) doesn't surprise a lot of people.  Still, I wonder how the hard-core Obama haters are reacting to this news.  Are they starting to squirm in their seats a little?

There is also his backpedaling on the wall and moves toward a more cautious foreign policy.  I would say more than half of his supporters expected this backpedaling if he was elected.  But what about the hard core true believers?

Trump: ‘Great chemistry’ With Obama

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/305535-trump-great-chemistry-with-obama

Introduction:

President-elect Donald Trump said he had “great chemistry” with President Obama when the two met at the White House Thursday.

“A fantastic day in D.C. Met with President Obama for first time. Really good meeting, great chemistry,” Trump wrote on Twitter. 

He also said that his wife Melania enjoyed sitting down with first lady Michelle Obama over tea. 

The president and the president-elect talked for more than an hour and a half Friday, and both celebrated the meeting. 

Obama said he was “encouraged” by their conversation, while Trump said it was a “great honor” to meet the president

No, I don't think Trump is any kind of a closet liberal.  I am still alarmed at things such as personnel choices and policy stances where he appears to be following through with earlier promises/threats.  Just saying.

The principles of justice define an appropriate path between dogmatism and intolerance on the one side, and a reductionism which regards religion and morality as mere preferences on the other.   - John Rawls

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 7,966 posts
  • LocationLondon

LH3lZ6E.jpg

caltrek

caltrek

• Members
  • 5,220 posts

Is that photo really a reaction shot of Hillary concerning the election results?

If so, wow.

At the risk of echoing Yuli Ban, I have to wonder if she now recognizes the enormity of what she has done. I am not speaking to the mountain out of a mole hill email controversy that cost her so much. Rather, of her role in stopping Bernie. Of the anger she generated in accepting enormous out of proportion speaker fees. Of her stubborn insistence that she "could get things done" versus Bernie's supposed excess of ideology. Of her and her husband's continued policies of triangulation that involved compromise after compromise with financial elites that so damaged the working class. Of her support of trade deals that betrayed the working class. Of her cackling like a witch a gleeful comments of "we came, we saw, and he died."  Of the utter mess inn the Middle East that she added to as Secretary of State. Of her taking on of Putin on behalf of a neo-liberal elite that sought antagonistic relations with Russia. Of her related support of economic sanctions against Russia. Of her failure to enact genuine health care reform, leaving that success to her one time opponent Obama. Of her and her husband's support of welfare reform that so injured the poor of this country. Of her support of stiff sentencing that resulted in such an excess of incarceration for people of color. Of her protection of Wall Street interests and the repeal of regulations that helped result in the melt-down of 2008. Of her record of failure after failure that culminated in this, her final defeat. 

At a certain level, I do feel for her. She wanted so much to be the first woman to break through the ultimate glass ceiling in politics. She gave an historic speech as Secretary of State admired throughout the world for its establishing the case for greater equality for women across the planet. She stood up to the bullying of Trump with grace and determination. Her and her husband spoke to blacks in a manner of respect that is rare among the policy elite of this country. Her written works such as It Takes a Village had a certain decency of tone that Trump would  be wise to emulate. So this very much does take on elements of a Greek tragedy. The question is: can we learn from her mistakes?

• wjfox and Yuli Ban like this

The principles of justice define an appropriate path between dogmatism and intolerance on the one side, and a reductionism which regards religion and morality as mere preferences on the other.   - John Rawls

jamesgera

jamesgera

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts

Is that photo really a reaction shot of Hillary concerning the election results?

If so, wow.

At the risk of echoing Yuli Ban, I have to wonder if she now recognizes the enormity of what she has done. I am not speaking to the mountain out of a mole hill email controversy that cost her so much. Rather, of her role in stopping Bernie. Of the anger she generated in accepting enormous out of proportion speaker fees. Of her stubborn insistence that she "could get things done" versus Bernie's supposed excess of ideology. Of her and her husband's continued policies of triangulation that involved compromise after compromise with financial elites that so damaged the working class. Of her support of trade deals that betrayed the working class. Of her cackling like a witch a gleeful comments of "we came, we saw, and he died."  Of the utter mess inn the Middle East that she added to as Secretary of State. Of her taking on of Putin on behalf of a neo-liberal elite that sought antagonistic relations with Russia. Of her related support of economic sanctions against Russia. Of her failure to enact genuine health care reform, leaving that success to her one time opponent Obama. Of her and her husband's support of welfare reform that so injured the poor of this country. Of her support of stiff sentencing that resulted in such an excess of incarceration for people of color. Of her protection of Wall Street interests and the repeal of regulations that helped result in the melt-down of 2008. Of her record of failure after failure that culminated in this, her final defeat. 

At a certain level, I do feel for her. She wanted so much to be the first woman to break through the ultimate glass ceiling in politics. She gave an historic speech as Secretary of State admired throughout the world for its establishing the case for greater equality for women across the planet. She stood up to the bullying of Trump with grace and determination. Her and her husband spoke to blacks in a manner of respect that is rare among the policy elite of this country. Her written works such as It Takes a Village had a certain decency of tone that Trump would  be wise to emulate. So this very much does take on elements of a Greek tragedy. The question is: can we learn from her mistakes?

She does not care she lost to trump she is concerned and scared what this means for her but not the economy or the world

jamesgera

jamesgera

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts
Will trump give up power in 4-8 years ?

He is in power he has his people in power will he give up that power what it's time. He will break the rules to suit him like he always does.
I can defiantly see a day when the media might get arrested for outing him. I know the system was set up to stop a dictatorship but can trump get around this ?

Honestly will trump be that bad though ? he is going back on a lot of his words

caltrek

caltrek

• Members
  • 5,220 posts

^^A lot depends on the Republican Senators and Congressmen who opposed Trump at one stage or another. Republicans like Lindsay Graham, Marco Rubio, and Rand Paul.  Also Republicans that have withstood assaults from the Tea Party wing of their party like Lisa Murkowski (Senator from Alaska).  If they stood up to stop Trump from violating the Constitution, they and Democrats could stop Trump from assuming dictatorial powers. There is also the possibility that the Supreme Court could rule against too bold a seizure of power.  Given the current composition and the prospects for Trump to add his own appointees, I don't have much hope in that regard. If they cave, then the thin reed of civil disobedience would be the only thing left in the arsenal.  Pretty frightening thought.

Personally, I think there may very well be grounds for impeachment that just need a little more evidence to come forward.  A loss of his civil suits and findings of sexual assault and even rape.  Treasonous collaboration with Putin. Findings regarding illegal usage of funds by his non-profit agency.

This tactic of impeachment cannot be utilized absent public support, so a lot of people that voted for Trump would have to change their minds for Congress to proceed.  Also, this is assuming that the evidence is as damning as some suspect it might be. 

jamesgera

jamesgera

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts

^^A lot depends on the Republican Senators and Congressmen who opposed Trump at one stage or another. Republicans like Lindsay Graham, Marco Rubio, and Rand Paul.  Also Republicans that have withstood assaults from the Tea Party wing of their party like Lisa Murkowski (Senator from Alaska).  If they stood up to stop Trump from violating the Constitution, they and Democrats could stop Trump from assuming dictatorial powers. There is also the possibility that the Supreme Court could rule against too bold a seizure of power.  Given the current composition and the prospects for Trump to add his own appointees, I don't have much hope in that regard. If they cave, then the thin reed of civil disobedience would be the only thing left in the arsenal.  Pretty frightening thought.

Personally, I think there may very well be grounds for impeachment that just need a little more evidence to come forward.  A loss of his civil suits and findings of sexual assault and even rape.  Treasonous collaboration with Putin. Findings regarding illegal usage of funds by his non-profit agency.

This tactic of impeachment cannot be utilized absent public support, so a lot of people that voted for Trump would have to change their minds for Congress to proceed.  Also, this is assuming that the evidence is as damning as some suspect it might be.

Do we want trump out though ? Trump is a business man first. We can deal with them we just have to make him profit off of liberal ideals but his vice is a religious nut job he won't give in he will fight for his views no matter what. If trump goes away he will be replaced by someone who might be worst than him

caltrek

caltrek

• Members
  • 5,220 posts

Politically, you make a good point.

Still, if Trump violated the law, he should not be above it. If that means Pence becomes President, then so be it. Perhaps Pence would be more vulnerable in 2020 then Trump was in 2016. Perhaps not. In any event, a severe blow would be dealt against the Trump "mandate". Pence would become something of a lame duck.

Again, as a matter of emphasis, all this depends on whether the evidence regarding the suspicions about Trump misconduct is forthcoming.

tierbook

tierbook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts
  • LocationCharleston sc

Politically, you make a good point.

Still, if Trump violated the law, he should not be above it. If that means Pence becomes President, then so be it. Perhaps Pence would be more vulnerable in 2020 then Trump was in 2016. Perhaps not. In any event, a severe blow would be dealt against the Trump "mandate". Pence would become something of a lame duck.

Again, as a matter of emphasis, all this depends on whether the evidence regarding the suspicions about Trump misconduct is forthcoming.

Pence makes Trump look like Sanders.

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 7,966 posts
  • LocationLondon

Trump supports the common banker, not the common man

In Politics by Drew Salisbury / November 11, 2016

Donald Trump campaigned on a promise to get lobby money out of Washington, D.C., frequently criticizing his opponent Hillary Clinton as a puppet of Wall Street and big money interests that care more about fattening their pockets than helping the lower and middle classes. Now that Trump has been elected, however, one of his economic advisors (a hedge fund manager who started his career at Goldman Sachs and was named one of the most powerful people in global finance) has suggested one of the president-elect’s first actions in office will be to annihilate protections on Americans’ retirement plans.

Read more: http://www.deathandt...not-common-man/

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 7,966 posts
  • LocationLondon

4TFHrlT.jpg

jamesgera

jamesgera

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts
Maybe trump won't be so bad. He is back paddling a lot on his evil promises. If we can make a profit out of clean energy and science we can get him on board. He is greedy but we might be able to use his greed for us
  • Jakob likes this

tierbook

tierbook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts
  • LocationCharleston sc

Maybe trump won't be so bad. He is back paddling a lot on his evil promises. If we can make a profit out of clean energy and science we can get him on board. He is greedy but we might be able to use his greed for us

Generally yes, that's a bit of why I voted him in, at the end of the day he's a businessman, if Green energy is more profitable and he spins it that way it should be comparatively simple to get the population at large on board. Of course he'll need to promote the jobs this will bring in areas like Ohio and West Virginia 

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 7,966 posts
  • LocationLondon

"A lot" ?

So far, he's expressed interest in keeping two aspects of the Affordable Care Act (but still plans to overhaul it).

Unless there are "a lot" of other statements I'm unaware of?

caltrek

caltrek

• Members
  • 5,220 posts

My willingness to give Trump a chance is rapidly vanishing as I hear these kinds of affirmations:

Trump transition team vows to dismantle Dodd-Frank

http://www.msn.com/e...ID=ansmsnnews11

Extract:

President-elect Donald Trump's transition team says the next administration will work to "dismantle" the Dodd-Frank financial reform law.

A section devoted to financial regulations on his official transition website makes clear President Trump would work to undo President Obama's landmark Wall Street regulation law.

"Federal policy should focus on free enterprise, while protecting consumers by policing markets for force and fraud," the website stated. "The Dodd-Frank economy does not work for working people. Bureaucratic red tape and Washington mandates are not the answer. The Financial Services Policy Implementation team will be working to dismantle the Dodd-Frank Act and replace it with new policies to encourage economic growth and job creation."

Trump had criticized Dodd-Frank on the campaign trial but never offered a specific plan for what he would want to do regarding financial regulation if he were elected.

The website does not delve into specifics, either about what parts of Dodd-Frank will be targeted or what policies could be put in place to replace it. And specifically, one policy item not mentioned was a return of the Glass-Steagall Act. That law, repealed in the late 1990s, created a firewall between traditional banking and investment banking.

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 7,966 posts
  • LocationLondon

Shooting of anti-Trump protester caught on camera in Portland:

http://www.liveleak....=649_1478952748

• eacao likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Donald Trump, Trump, USA, Conservative, 2016, Republican, GOP, POTUS, China, Conservative Christian

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Singularity Kills