Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

Virtual Politics and Economics

virtual reality politics economics society culture video games simulations class plagues psychology

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,070 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda

Here's a thread to discuss politics, culture, socioeconomics, microeconomics, and macroeconomics in virtual fields (with an extension to board games, if necessary). There are a surprising amount of similarities between virtual reality and real life once you bring the minutia into it all, raising the question— can we truly predict real events based off virtual simulations?

A Case of Hyperinflation in a Virtual Economy

Gaia Online suffered extreme hyperinflation before its untimely unofficial demise. How did it happen, and how did people respond?

'Virtual' Virus Sheds Light on Real-World Behavior

Back in 2006, World of Warcraft gave the world a stunningly and disturbingly realistic look into human reactions to pandemics— so much so that academic papers were written about the event.

Massive 'EVE Online' Battle Could Cost $300,000 In Real Money

EVE Online has a player-driven economy that extends into the real world. So when huge battles erupt, there are real-world consequences.

• Trexrider32 likes this
Nobody's gonna take my drone, I'm gonna fly miles far too high!
Nobody gonna beat my drone, it's gonna shoot into the sky!

Erowind

Erowind

Psychonaut, Aspiring Mathematician and Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • LocationInside some convoluted formula I don't actually understand.

I remember when a key was 1.33 REFINED METAL! All you newbies can kiss my primeval warrior @$$, I'm not giving you 30 refined you F2P, window lickin, hat mafia supporting @$$%**!$

Current status: slaving away for the math gods of Pythagoras VII.

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,070 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda

I remember when a key was 1.33 REFINED METAL! All you newbies can kiss my primeval warrior @$$, I'm not giving you 30 refined you F2P, window lickin, hat mafia supporting @$$%**!$

/r/Cringe

Nobody's gonna take my drone, I'm gonna fly miles far too high!
Nobody gonna beat my drone, it's gonna shoot into the sky!

Erowind

Erowind

Psychonaut, Aspiring Mathematician and Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • LocationInside some convoluted formula I don't actually understand.

/r/Cringe

Success 

Current status: slaving away for the math gods of Pythagoras VII.

Trexrider32

Trexrider32

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Quantum Run.com does a great job of explaining virtual politics and ecoomics in the future. Specifically, they touch on how Vr, Ar, Ai will affect life on the internet and, consequently, the rules and regulations of the internet. They also touch on a lot of other cool things, but I won't spoil the entire article.

" Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who only dream by night." -- Edgar Allan Poe

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: virtual reality, politics, economics, society, culture, video games, simulations, class, plagues, psychology

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users