Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

Blade Runner 2049

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,939 posts
  • LocationLondon

Jakob

Jakob

Fenny-Eyed Slubber-Yuck

• Members
  • 5,166 posts
  • LocationIn the Basket of Deplorables

Hmm. So it's a sequel, not a reboot. I remember being somewhat disappointed with the original though.

Click 'show' to see quotes from great luminaries.

Spoiler

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 7,939 posts
  • LocationLondon

somewhat disappointed with the original though.

Me too. I found it rather boring and hard to follow. I hope this sequel is better.

Raklian

Raklian

An Immortal In The Making

• Moderators
  • 6,507 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

somewhat disappointed with the original though.

Me too. I found it rather boring and hard to follow. I hope this sequel is better.

But still the cyberpunk aesthetics was what made the original memorable for many of us. Yeah, aesthetics have nothing to do with the storytelling, unfortunately.

What are you without the sum of your parts?

Erowind

Erowind

Psychonaut, Aspiring Mathematician and Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • LocationInside some convoluted formula I don't actually understand.

Current status: slaving away for the math gods of Pythagoras VII.

superexistence

superexistence

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

the cinematography is nice but not a patch on the original and it looked pretty cheap when Ford stepped into view.

Recyvuym

Recyvuym

Apophis 2036

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • LocationDie Sonne

This is getting motherfucking ridiculous.

Power Rangers. The Mummy. Snow White. Snow White. Spiderman. Snow White. Spiderman. Jumanji. Predator. The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. Ghost in the Shell. Logan's Run. Honey I Shrunk the Kids. It. Fucking Memento. Live action Aladdin. Live action The Lion King. American Werewolf in London. Hellraiser. Batman. Oh sorry, The Batman. Cube. Dungeons and Dragons (is Scar in it again?) Inspector Gadget. Flashing 'Fucking' Gordon. Friday the 13th. Men in Black. Scarface. Stargate. Starship... Starship Troopers? Again?!

And now - Blade Runner.

No, Hollywood. Bad. Bad. No biscuit.

• Zaphod, BasilBerylium and name like this

I loudly predicted the second wave of the Global Financial Crisis would begin by the 31st of March 2017. But I was wrong! Observe my well-deserved public humiliation here, here and here. Let this be a warning to all of you who try to guess the future. Yes, that means you, reading this now! Put that prediction back in your pocket! Do it now, before it's too late! (Also check out my userpage, it's even funnier.)

Zaphod

Zaphod

Esteemed Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 605 posts
  • LocationUK

^ Whilst I tend to agree, I'm glad they are remaking this. It is over 30 years old now and films these days tend to be faster paced, more engaging with better visual effects. 

It's crazy that they are remaking films like Memento though. 

• Jakob likes this

cerealkiller

cerealkiller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationUK

Power Rangers. The Mummy. Snow White. Snow White. Spiderman. Snow White. Spiderman. Jumanji. Predator. The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. Ghost in the Shell. Logan's Run. Honey I Shrunk the Kids. It. Fucking Memento. Live action Aladdin. Live action The Lion King. American Werewolf in London. Hellraiser. Batman. Oh sorry, The Batman. Cube. Dungeons and Dragons (is Scar in it again?) Inspector Gadget. Flashing 'Fucking' Gordon. Friday the 13th. Men in Black. Scarface. Stargate. Starship... Starship Troopers? Again?!

And now - Blade Runner.

It's not a remake. It's a sequel.
We create our own future's and therefore our own destinies.

cerealkiller

cerealkiller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationUK

And now - Blade Runner.

It's not a remake. It's a sequel.
We create our own future's and therefore our own destinies.

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 7,939 posts
  • LocationLondon

Blade Runner 2049 disappoints at US box office

Blade Runner 2049 has made far less than expected on its opening weekend at the US box office.

The $31.5m (£24.1m) total will be a major disappointment for distributor Warner Bros, which had projected ticket sales of between $45m and $50m.

Its 163-minute running time, limiting the number of screenings, was said to be one factor in the under-performance.

Read more: http://www.bbc.co.uk...siness-41546692

Maximum7

Maximum7

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
I've heard mixed reviews but it's popular at my theatre

Nick1984

Nick1984

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts
How can a movie about everything that could go wrong in the future be so beautiful.

Masterpiece.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users