Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

Meet Jarvis: Mark Zuckerberg's Latest Creation

Mark Zuckerberg Facebook Zuckerberg Jarvis AI Iron Man artificial intelligence smarthome home automation deep learning

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,129 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda

https://www.facebook...03351034741311/

Mark Zuckerberg Just Unveiled His Newest Creation, an AI Named Jarvis

IN BRIEF

• Inspired by Jarvis in Iron Man, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg built an AI system to run his home and help him with work.
  • Throughout the process, Zuckerberg realized we are still far off from understanding how artificial intelligence learns.
REAL LIFE TONY STARK
At the beginning of this year, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg challenged himself to build an AI system to run his home and help him with work. He named the project Jarvis, after the fictional AI system built by Marvel’s Iron Man. This Jarvis may not have the wit or the Mind Stone of his namesake, but what Zuckerberg has managed to build is pretty impressive.
Zuckerberg recently explained the process of building Jarvis, while also being quite candid about its strengths and weaknesses. The system helps him and his wife Priscilla around the home by turning lights on and off, letting them know where their dog Beast is, or alerting them if their daughter is stirring in her room.
Not only did Zuckerberg have to come up with ways to connect all of these devices, but he also had to do so safely. As Fast Company explains, the home network is essentially an extension of Facebook’s infrastructure, which “imposed limits on what he could control. Internet-connected fridges, for example, don’t come with Facebook security certificates. That’s not a problem for most people, but most people aren’t Mark Zuckerberg. Keeping his security at home airtight was a primary concern.”
One of the more interesting aspects of his project was how Zuckerberg chose to interact with Jarvis.

Nobody's gonna take my drone, I'm gonna fly miles far too high!
Nobody gonna beat my drone, it's gonna shoot into the sky!

Erowind

Erowind

Psychonaut, Aspiring Mathematician and Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts
  • LocationInside some convoluted formula I don't actually understand.

Can't Alexa and other smart home applications already do everything in that video? 

Current status: slaving away for the math gods of Pythagoras VII.

Zaphod

Zaphod

Esteemed Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • LocationUK

I think Zuckerberg has just been itching to do some programming himself. It must be frustrating purely being in a management role all the time when originally you were a programmer.

Infinite

Infinite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • LocationDublin, Ireland

Really interesting! I saw back at the beginning of the year that he was planning to create an AI for his home. It looks pretty tame so far but it's really only the beginning so it will be cool to see what Zuckerberg and other individuals and companies develop. Maybe Zuck's AI is the spark for other home AIs.

Ugh watch out for hackers though, watching you while you take a shit haha

Is minic an fhírinne searbh.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook, Zuckerberg, Jarvis, AI, Iron Man, artificial intelligence, smarthome, home automation, deep learning

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users