Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

I am Tav-El

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Tav-El

Tav-El

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

My real name is Tavis Highfill, but my pseudonym is Nick Fisherman. I've been obsessed with the future my whole life, but studying futurology was something I didn't even know was a thing until a couple years ago. I found this site while I was doing research for my book series. The Advancement of Mateo Matic is about a guy who lives through one day every year. At the end of each day, he is propelled forward exactly one year (he has no control over this). Each weekly installment (for the most part) deals with one day of his life. Since this is set across the future, I knew I needed to understand what that future might actually look like. I've found the timeline on this site to be an invaluable resource in that regard.

I don't know what took me so long to sign up for these forums, but I just wanted to say, long time reader, first time poster. Thank you for helping me, even though you didn't realize it was happening, and I can't wait to see what happens next.

• eacao, Frizz, nomad and 2 others like this
Website where I post one new story every single daywww.nickfisherman.com
Nanofiction account where I tweet a lie, joke, story, or quote six times a day@NickFisherman
Personal Twitter@TavisHighfill | Dream Journal@IHadaDreamWhere | Random Photos@WhatNickFishermanSees

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,939 posts
  • LocationLondon

Welcome to the forum. :)

Tav-El

Tav-El

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Thank you. Are you the one I keep retweeting and replying to on Twitter?

Nanofiction account where I tweet a lie, joke, story, or quote six times a day@NickFisherman
Personal Twitter@TavisHighfill | Dream Journal@IHadaDreamWhere | Random Photos@WhatNickFishermanSees

nomad

nomad

The Darkness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Welcome to the forum. Glad you found some of what we posted to be useful. :)

Cats.

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 7,939 posts
  • LocationLondon

Thank you. Are you the one I keep retweeting and replying to on Twitter?

Yep. :biggrin:

https://twitter.com/future_timeline

• Frizz likes this

Jakob

Jakob

Fenny-Eyed Slubber-Yuck

• Members
  • 5,166 posts
  • LocationIn the Basket of Deplorables

Welcome to the forum, fellow writer! The story you mention is actually a really interesting premise I've thought about a couple of times.

Click 'show' to see quotes from great luminaries.

Spoiler

Frizz

Frizz

fey pansexual alcoholic non-human

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,335 posts
  • LocationPlato's Atlantis
Im glad we have another legitimate futurist in our ranks

<3
  • eacao and Tav-El like this
“Give me time and I’ll give you a revolution.”
- Alexander McQueen

Infinite

Infinite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • LocationDublin, Ireland
Wecome :)

Is minic an fhírinne searbh.

Cody930

Cody930

An Apple Pie from Scratch

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,509 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey, US

Welcome!

"Since we first emerged, a few million years ago in East Africa, we have meandered our way around the planet. There are now people on every continent and the remotest islands, from pole to pole, from Mount Everest to the Dead Sea, on the ocean bottoms and even, occasionally, in residence 200 miles up - humans, like the gods of old, living in the sky."

Time_Traveller

Time_Traveller

Master of Time Travel

• Members
  • 6,060 posts
  • LocationRepublic of Jordan, 1 January 3025 C.E.

Welcome to FT

I want to go ahead of Father Time with a scythe of my own.

H. G. Wells

Tav-El

Tav-El

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Thank you all for the replies. These forums seem to have good people, and good content. It doesn't seem to have good email notifications, though. I asked for daily digest. Nothing.

Jakob

Jakob

Fenny-Eyed Slubber-Yuck

• Members
  • 5,166 posts

Thank you all for the replies. These forums seem to have good people, and good content. It doesn't seem to have good email notifications, though. I asked for daily digest. Nothing.

Click the bell in the top right corner, click options, and look for the daily/weekly digest options. You have to follow topics/forums for it to work though.

Spoiler

Tav-El

Tav-El

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Click the bell in the top right corner, click options, and look for the daily/weekly digest options. You have to follow topics/forums for it to work though.

Yeah, I've changed all those settings. It's just refusing to send me emails, I don't know why.

Jakob

Jakob

Fenny-Eyed Slubber-Yuck

• Members
  • 5,166 posts

Yeah, I've changed all those settings. It's just refusing to send me emails, I don't know why.

Are you following any topics or forums?

Spoiler

Tav-El

Tav-El

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
I have it set to autofollow any topic I post in. And in case that just happens to not be working with quickreply, I can also see the checkmark next to that setting when I start a new topic myself. Still no emails.

Jakob

Jakob

Fenny-Eyed Slubber-Yuck

• Members
  • 5,166 posts

I have it set to autofollow any topic I post in. And in case that just happens to not be working with quickreply, I can also see the checkmark next to that setting when I start a new topic myself. Still no emails.

Very strange. Try PMing wjfox, maybe he knows what to do.

Spoiler

caltrek

caltrek

• Members
  • 5,174 posts

Welcome. I hope that you don't let technical difficulties discourage you from participating.

The principles of justice define an appropriate path between dogmatism and intolerance on the one side, and a reductionism which regards religion and morality as mere preferences on the other.   - John Rawls

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users