Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

Scientists expected to move doomsday clock to put apocalypse 'one or two minutes away'

Doomsday Clock doomsday failed civilization nuclear war climate change US Russia China Bulletin of Atomic Scientists 2017

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,155 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda

Scientists expected to move doomsday clock to put apocalypse 'one or two minutes away'

The "Doomsday Clock" that symbolises how close humanity is to apocalypse is expected to inch closer to midnight.

The leading scientists who decide what time the symbolic clock should show are to announce its new "time" in a live event.

The scientists are expected to announced that the world is moving closer to midnight, which represents global catastrophe and apocalypse. The scientists could put it just a minute or two away from the end.
In 2015, the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists, an expert group formed in 1945, moved the clock two minutes forward and put it at three minutes to midnight.

That meant that Earth was closer to oblivion than it has been since the early days of the hydrogen bomb, and when the Cold War was at its height.

Nobody's gonna take my drone, I'm gonna fly miles far too high!
Nobody gonna beat my drone, it's gonna shoot into the sky!

As We Rise

As We Rise

I came back~!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Doomsday Clock Moves Closer to Midnight.

https://www.rt.com/n...k-moves-closer/

Scientists have moved the time to the famed Doomsday Clock closer to midnight. It's now set at two and a half minutes to 12am. 

A global failure to fight climate change and concern over Donald Trump's cabinet picks were cited as reasons for the increased threat to the planet. The clock has been set at three minutes to midnight since 2015.

We probably deserved this. 

Let us all come together and help save the world, one tree at a time.

Razz

Razz

Homeless King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • LocationMilky way galaxy
And who will move it to midnight when everything is ended?

Maximus

Maximus

Spaceman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts
  • LocationCanada

A global failure to fight climate change and concern over Donald Trump's cabinet picks were cited as reasons for the increased threat to the planet. 

I would also add increasing tensions with China. Perhaps better relations with Russia should offset this though?

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done. -Peter Ustinov

rtardx

rtardx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

This makes sense from a religious point of view,  Society is beginning to resemble ancient babylon. God is probably pissed.

Sciencerocks

Sciencerocks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,760 posts

Doomsday Clock Moves Closer to Midnight.

https://www.rt.com/n...k-moves-closer/

Scientists have moved the time to the famed Doomsday Clock closer to midnight. It's now set at two and a half minutes to 12am. 

A global failure to fight climate change and concern over Donald Trump's cabinet picks were cited as reasons for the increased threat to the planet. The clock has been set at three minutes to midnight since 2015.

We probably deserved this. 

This is what we get when we elect a loon!

To follow my work on tropical cyclones

Sciencerocks

Sciencerocks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,760 posts

This makes sense from a religious point of view,  Society is beginning to resemble ancient babylon. God is probably pissed.

The problem with religion is everything that is free is bad. Can't have sex, can't drink, and you certainly can't truly enjoy life.

This is why it is bad.

To follow my work on tropical cyclones

FTLVRM

FTLVRM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts
  • LocationCanada

I hate this world as it is, so bring it on. I’m not worried. And what is doomsday exactly? Is it some kind of religious prophecy, world war 3, the collapse of civilization as we know it, a massive culling of the herd, or human extinction?

Equinoxium

Equinoxium

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Doomsday:

"the last day of the world's existence"

Honestly, we are no where near this. People need to calm down and stop saying it's the end of the world. We are like at least an hour or two away. 

Guyverman1990

Guyverman1990

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

If we were able to make it past 1953, we can avoid nuclear annihilation again.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Doomsday Clock, doomsday, failed civilization, nuclear war, climate change, US, Russia, China, Bulletin of Atomic Scientists, 2017

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users