Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

Solar tent

solar tent camping...sortof...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Roh234

Roh234

Doing the impossible

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts
  • Location11 Dimentional Hyperspace
New solar powered tent concept.

http://stephenkey.co...d-concept-tent/

Posted Image

http://memegenerator...stance/14358642

Edited by Roh234, 10 February 2012 - 04:05 AM.

-I do not have a signature.

Septentrion

Septentrion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
It lots like you have to set up early for that to work, so flashlights are probably not going away from camping anytime soon. Also doesn't seem effective for many areas such as high lattitudes and woodlands.

Edited by Septentrion, 10 February 2012 - 04:37 AM.

If you ever decide that your life is not too high a price to pay for saving the universe, let me know. We'll be ready.

sirhotalot

sirhotalot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

It lots like you have to set up early for that to work, so flashlights are probably not going away from camping anytime soon.

Also doesn't seem effective for many areas such as high lattitudes and woodlands.

What does this have to do with flashlights? Of course you always bring a flashlight when camping. It's a good idea to take one with you everywhere even when not camping. Did you read the article?

This enables campers to find their tent using an SMS message or automatic active RFID tech. So if you’re having trouble finding your tent, sent a text, and the Glastonbury will glow gently for you, guiding you back to your sleeping bag.

It says it's for:

a high-tech tent that harnesses solar energy to charge your gadgetry through a wireless charging pouch. This tent will allow campers to keep in touch and power their essential gadgets such as GPS or mobile phones.

Edited by sirhotalot, 11 February 2012 - 10:48 AM.

Septentrion

Septentrion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
Okay I just read the acticle, and it appears that it's not to be the type of camping it use to do. Seems like only businessmen and celebrities, will use it in the near future and that is what it is designed for. Of course I grew up where that sort of light would attach tons of insects and the trees would block out most of the sun.
If you ever decide that your life is not too high a price to pay for saving the universe, let me know. We'll be ready.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: solar, tent, camping...sortof...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users