Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

Timeline prediction: November 2084

Mars Earth Humans Timeline

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

future-me

future-me

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

I think this would be a good addition to the timeline. On 10th November 2084, a transit of Earth (and Moon) from Mars will occur. Any potential Mars explorers will become the first humans to witness this celestial event.

The previous transit of Earth occured on 11th May 1984, and the next will be 15th November 2163.

Edit: Source - https://en.wikipedia...Earth_from_Mars

• wjfox, Yuli Ban and voluntaryist like this

Sciencerocks

Sciencerocks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,630 posts

I'd bet that no humans will be on mars by that time. I just don't have any faith in humanity anymore.

To follow my work on tropical cyclones

future-me

future-me

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

I'll be 101 in 2084, and think that would be a perfect way to celebrate being 101.

• Icee777 likes this

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,939 posts
  • LocationLondon

Thanks for this. Added to my "to do" list. :)

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,070 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda

I'd bet that no humans will be on mars by that time. I just don't have any faith in humanity anymore.

As long as we have AI, I'd bet we'll have thousands of humans on Mars. Number crunching is one of the biggest hurdles towards space exploration, and there's only so much of that humans can possibly do.

Nobody's gonna take my drone, I'm gonna fly miles far too high!
Nobody gonna beat my drone, it's gonna shoot into the sky!

BasilBerylium

BasilBerylium

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationArgentina

*no americans will be

Icee777

Icee777

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Maybe a bit optimistic, but according to this Mars Colonization Timeline there could be tens or even hundreds of thousands of humans on Mars to witness this transit :)

If it sounds overly optimistic, consider what the people of 1902 thought about landing on the Moon "as soon as 1969" ;)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mars, Earth, Humans, Timeline

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users