Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

Turkey Watch Thread

Turkey EU Recep Tayyip Erdoğan totalitarianism authoritarianism genocide genocide watch Erdogan coup fascism

• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

PhoenixRu

PhoenixRu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts
  • LocationRussia

Just a few photos of Kurdish uprising in South-East Turkey which may be a sign of upcoming (already started?) civil war. For some reason, media tend to "not see" them:

Spoiler

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

"And the Russian land, let God keep it! Under heavens, there is no other land like this. And although Russian nobles are not righteous neither kind, let God arrange the Russian land and give us enough justice" - Afanasy Nikitin, medieval traveler of XV century.

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,133 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda

You Russian Slavs better support the Kurds and Armenians.

• eacao likes this
Nobody's gonna take my drone, I'm gonna fly miles far too high!
Nobody gonna beat my drone, it's gonna shoot into the sky!

PhoenixRu

PhoenixRu

• Members
  • 2,514 posts
  • LocationRussia

Yes, PhoenixRu, any word on Russia backing the Kurds?

Frankly, no idea. I have no connections in Kremlin, the only thing i can do is make guesses basing on what i can extract from media :)

• masterwigglestin likes this

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

"And the Russian land, let God keep it! Under heavens, there is no other land like this. And although Russian nobles are not righteous neither kind, let God arrange the Russian land and give us enough justice" - Afanasy Nikitin, medieval traveler of XV century.

PhoenixRu

PhoenixRu

• Members
  • 2,514 posts
  • LocationRussia

I have more posts than you

My sincere congratulations, mate. Other hand i have a better likes/posts ratio.

• MarcZ likes this

MarcZ

MarcZ

Chief Flying Car Critic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,241 posts
  • LocationCanada

I have more posts than you

My sincere congratulations, mate. Other hand i have a better likes/posts ratio.

Lol. So much snark in this post. 

Recyvuym

Recyvuym

Apophis 2036

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • LocationDie Sonne

I like that. "Hey you there. Russian guy. What's Putin thinking right now?" :p

I loudly predicted the second wave of the Global Financial Crisis would begin by the 31st of March 2017. But I was wrong! Observe my well-deserved public humiliation here, here and here. Let this be a warning to all of you who try to guess the future. Yes, that means you, reading this now! Put that prediction back in your pocket! Do it now, before it's too late! (Also check out my userpage, it's even funnier.)

MarcZ

MarcZ

Chief Flying Car Critic

• Members
  • 3,241 posts
  • LocationCanada

Erdogan: Democracy, freedom and rule of law have no value

He says this stuff and it is so obvious he wants to make Turkey a totalitarian state and yet people are stupid and don't call him out. Particularly other NATO members and people who vote for him. That's because he wants a totalitarian Islamic theocracy as the future of Turkey.

Remove them from NATO please.

https://www.rt.com/n...ocracy-freedom/

• eacao likes this

PhoenixRu

PhoenixRu

• Members
  • 2,514 posts
  • LocationRussia

Another terrorist attack in Istanbul. This becoming a routine:

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,133 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda

Erdogan: Democracy, freedom and rule of law have no value

He says this stuff and it is so obvious he wants to make Turkey a totalitarian state and yet people are stupid and don't call him out. Particularly other NATO members and people who vote for him. That's because he wants a totalitarian Islamic theocracy as the future of Turkey.

Remove them from NATO please.

https://www.rt.com/n...ocracy-freedom/

Well don't expect anything from us USicans. We're chums with Saudi Arabia, which already is a totalitarian Islamic theocracy.

• nomad likes this
Nobody's gonna take my drone, I'm gonna fly miles far too high!
Nobody gonna beat my drone, it's gonna shoot into the sky!

MarcZ

MarcZ

Chief Flying Car Critic

• Members
  • 3,241 posts
  • LocationCanada

Germans made a music video and apparently the Turks were so outraged they summoned the German ambassador to demand the video be banned.

Apparently Erdogan thinks that because he has crushed freedom of expression in his own country he can demand other countries do the same.

• eacao and Recyvuym like this

Outlook

Outlook

Muslim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts
  • LocationWherever Alien Observer by Grouper could be played.

That's 1st class political satire if I've ever saw it. Either way, i feel like erdogan is going to die or kicked out soon. Someone's probably going to shoot him, or he's going to be politically out maneuvered by some guy either in the army or in his own party. I just can't imagine him leading a stable reign being this reactive, and autocratic in what would be called a more secular Islamic nation.

Everything is predefined.

Maximus

Maximus

Spaceman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts
  • LocationCanada

The fact that Loonytoon Merkel is bending over for Erdogan's demands lately is completely outrageous. Under Erdogan, Turkey has become increasingly authoritarian,nationalistic, corrupt, religious, and has directly funded ISIS. Erdogan's Turkey has no place in the EU, or Nato; sanctions should be imposed on Turkey for its actions. If European leaders of the 18th, 19th and early 20th century saw how this scum has Europe by the throat, they would die of heart attacks.

• Recyvuym likes this
If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done. -Peter Ustinov

MarcZ

MarcZ

Chief Flying Car Critic

• Members
  • 3,241 posts
  • LocationCanada

That's 1st class political satire if I've ever saw it. Either way, i feel like erdogan is going to die or kicked out soon. Someone's probably going to shoot him, or he's going to be politically out maneuvered by some guy either in the army or in his own party. I just can't imagine him leading a stable reign being this reactive, and autocratic in what would be called a more secular Islamic nation.

The longer he stays on the worse the outcome for the country and for Europe and the Middle East. I assume a Kurdish militant will probably assassinate him. He is literally the most dangerous man in the world.

Outlook

Outlook

Muslim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts

I don't like him at all. Turkey and Qatar support the Islamist breakaway government in Libya, which is now only stalling unity against the much bigger ISIS threat. It doesn't make me happy when foreigners are puppeteering my country's politics into chaos.

Recyvuym

Recyvuym

Apophis 2036

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • LocationDie Sonne

If a Kurd killed Erdogan, it'd be instant civil war.

I definitely think he's among the most dangerous men in the world. Wouldn't put him higher than a lot of people who are simply part of the status quo in the rest of the developed world, though. Or many of the current US presidential candidates, if they got in. Or Kim Jong Un. But yeah, the fact that this autocrat is in charge of Turkey while the world, especially the Middle East, is as volatile as it is, is pretty alarming. I was very concerned about that rumour a month ago that they were going to march into Syria with Saudi Arabia. Frankly, it sounds like exactly the sort of thing both those asshole governments would do, and it's the stuff of WWIII.

I loudly predicted the second wave of the Global Financial Crisis would begin by the 31st of March 2017. But I was wrong! Observe my well-deserved public humiliation here, here and here. Let this be a warning to all of you who try to guess the future. Yes, that means you, reading this now! Put that prediction back in your pocket! Do it now, before it's too late! (Also check out my userpage, it's even funnier.)

PhoenixRu

PhoenixRu

• Members
  • 2,514 posts
  • LocationRussia

It doesn't make me happy when foreigners are puppeteering my country's politics into chaos.

You had Qaddafi & you killed him... i'm sure i already told you about "letter of Libyan intellectual" meme.

Outlook

Outlook

Muslim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts
Yes, in grade 6 I was in sirte and it was my bullet that entered ghadaffis head. While we're at it, I also head IS in Libya.

EDIT: How can I forget, I am also in charge of several rebel organizations in Syria, and you think the Houthis lead themselves? Nope, also me.
  • eacao likes this

PhoenixRu

PhoenixRu

• Members
  • 2,514 posts
  • LocationRussia

Sometimes word "you" doesn't mean you personally.

Outlook

Outlook

Muslim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts

I don't think you know how to use the word properly yet. If you want to over-generalize the actions of millions of people for your political agenda, just replace "you" with "Libyans" in your post next time.

For example:

Libyans had Qaddafi & Libyans killed him... i'm sure i already told you about "letter of Libyan intellectual" meme.

You see, now it properly reeks of the nationalist's blame game.

• eacao likes this

PhoenixRu

PhoenixRu

• Members
  • 2,514 posts
  • LocationRussia

Do not get angry, i just pointed out the obvious reason of why your country has became the plaything of foreigners. If you (Libyans) understood it before you did what you did...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Turkey, EU, Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, totalitarianism, authoritarianism, genocide, genocide watch, Erdogan, coup, fascism

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users