Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

Turkey Watch Thread

Turkey EU Recep Tayyip Erdoğan totalitarianism authoritarianism genocide genocide watch Erdogan coup fascism

• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

Outlook

Outlook

Muslim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts
  • LocationWherever Alien Observer by Grouper could be played.

Do not get angry, i just pointed out the obvious reason of why your country has became the plaything of foreigners. If you (Libyans) understood it before you did what you did...

The post of a man who can't read.

Everything is predefined.

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,133 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda

One more step towards the inevitable 'Eternal President Erdogan'.

Turkey’s prime minister resigns amid high-level rifts and deepening crises

Turkey’s prime minister stepped down Thursday, possibly paving the way for President Recep Tayyip Erdogan to consolidate power amid complaints from opponents over his increasingly hard-line policies.
The decision by Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu to bow out of upcoming elections marks another potential step by Erdogan to move Turkey toward a presidential system and reduce the powers of parliament — further cementing the president’s authority and probably stirring more outrage from rights groups and other critics.
Erdogan has taken an increasingly hard line against perceived opponents, including prosecuting journalists and others for “insulting” him.
Davutoglu reportedly was less enthusiastic about the push toward a stronger executive, putting him more at odds with Erdogan.

• Recyvuym likes this
Nobody's gonna take my drone, I'm gonna fly miles far too high!
Nobody gonna beat my drone, it's gonna shoot into the sky!

Maximus

Maximus

Spaceman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts
  • LocationCanada

And Merkel is holding talks with this scum and bowing to his demands. 

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done. -Peter Ustinov

MarcZ

MarcZ

Chief Flying Car Critic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,241 posts
  • LocationCanada

More than two-thirds of Germans want Angela Merkel gone

Appears her attempts to appease Erdogan have backfired spectacularly against her. Since he continues to try to abuse the German court system to silence his German detractors. The two main parties would now fail to win more than half the vote and it looks like the AfD could soon be the country's second largest political party. At this rate I think Merkel's party is going to try to get rid of her before long.

http://www.thelocal....-unpopular-poll

• eacao, Yuli Ban and Maximus like this

Maximus

Maximus

Spaceman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts
  • LocationCanada

Appears her attempts to appease Erdogan have backfired spectacularly against her. Since he continues to try to abuse the German court system to silence his German detractors. The two main parties would now fail to win more than half the vote and it looks like the AfD could soon be the country's second largest political party. At this rate I think Merkel's party is going to try to get rid of her before long.

About time. An impeachment would be preferable though.l

• Yuli Ban likes this
If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done. -Peter Ustinov

PhoenixRu

PhoenixRu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts
  • LocationRussia

Sweet revenge for our plane. Turkish helicopter was shot down by some Kurd with Russian manpad "Igla":

• Yuli Ban likes this

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

"And the Russian land, let God keep it! Under heavens, there is no other land like this. And although Russian nobles are not righteous neither kind, let God arrange the Russian land and give us enough justice" - Afanasy Nikitin, medieval traveler of XV century.

PhoenixRu

PhoenixRu

• Members
  • 2,514 posts
  • LocationRussia

=== this news turned to be fake, removed === 

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

"And the Russian land, let God keep it! Under heavens, there is no other land like this. And although Russian nobles are not righteous neither kind, let God arrange the Russian land and give us enough justice" - Afanasy Nikitin, medieval traveler of XV century.

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,963 posts
  • LocationLondon

wNjNSiP.jpg

• Yuli Ban and Futurist like this

Outlook

Outlook

Muslim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts
  • LocationWherever Alien Observer by Grouper could be played.

bcareful wjfox u mite go to jail

Everything is predefined.

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • 17,133 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda

You'd think a German chancellor would know better than to appease a fascist dictator.

• Recyvuym likes this

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • 17,133 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda

Wait! Now I know who the two "Great Powers" UNU said were going to go to war are going to be!

Russia vs. Turkey

I'm putting money down on this right now. Before Putin's out of office, he will be forced to go to war against Erdogan.

And it'll be because of something Erdogan did, so NATO absolutely will not back him. Sure, they'll wanna help destabilize Russia, but they're not willing to go to war against her. Too many nukes could fly.

Whereas Russia vs. Turkey? Would be a pleasant, if deadly ground war between two advanced, high income nations with authoritarian regimes. Turkey almost certainly is gonna get their ass beat bad. Not even 'almost'— they will get their ass beat across the Middle East. And while NATO doesn't like Russia, we definitely don't like Erdogan.

And when Erdogan is run out of office, the Kurds will take Istanbul. Chances are, it'll be the communists who take power; the anarcho-communists trying out a new style in Rojava. This would complicate the Syrian Civil War.

Unless, of course, Russia or NATO occupies Turkey. Then they definitely won't occupy Istanbul because there won't be an Istanbul— it'll be Constantinople. 

2ED2923300000578-0-image-a-6_14485323284

How did it not occur to me before. Hot holy Christ sucking a pillock's left bollock: Erdogan is Sutler!

Adam Susan in the comics; Adam Sutler in the movie.

He's turning Turkey into the religious-fascist dictatorship that Britain became in V for Vendetta.

• Recyvuym likes this

PhoenixRu

PhoenixRu

• Members
  • 2,514 posts
  • LocationRussia

Russia vs. Turkey... Would be a pleasant, if deadly ground war between two advanced, high income nations with authoritarian regimes.

Thank you, a good Samaritan.

• Yuli Ban and masterwigglestin like this

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 7,963 posts
  • LocationLondon

No one should do politics in Turkey except Erdoğan, says chief adviser Yiğit Bulut

June 15, 2016

With President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan at the helm in Turkey, there’s no need for anyone else in the country to engage in politics, presidential adviser Yiğit Bulut has said.

“There is already a leader in this country and he is engaging in politics. There is no need for anyone else to engage in politics. He is engaging in politics both at home and abroad. Our duty is to support the leader in this country,” Bulut, Erdoğan’s chief economy adviser, said during a program on state television TRT Haber on June 14.

http://www.hurriyetd...1&NewsCatID=338

• eacao, Yuli Ban and Maximus like this

Maximus

Maximus

Spaceman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts
  • LocationCanada

Turkey (as much as I hate to say it) is a very important member of NATO due to its strategic position. Not only can it serve as a base for nuclear missiles, but it controls access to the Black Sea. If Turkey were to fall into Russian hands, NATO fleets would no longer be able to enter the Black Sea, leaving Romania and Bulgaria at the mercy of Russia's navy. 

Now, I have no doubt that Russia would finish Turkey off within a week, but let's not delude ourselves. A Russian invasion of Turkey would spell WW3, even if Turkey started it. When Turkey downed the Russian jet a few months ago, it received much support from NATO, especially the US. It's just not realistic to assume NATO would completely abandon Turkey in the event of a war. Unfortunately, Turkey is being led by a complete ass-hat, who enjoys tempting Russia because he knows he has Europe by the throat and he is backed by NATO. 

• Recyvuym likes this

MarcZ

MarcZ

Chief Flying Car Critic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,241 posts
  • LocationCanada

c460d771faeb713db5fcafd7403c01ba.jpg

• eacao, Yuli Ban, Recyvuym and 1 other like this

PhoenixRu

PhoenixRu

• Members
  • 2,514 posts
  • LocationRussia

Erdogan eventually apologized for downed Russian plane in sentimental letter to his "friend" Putin:

"We never had a desire or a deliberate intention to down an aircraft belonging to Russia... the Turkish side undertook all the risks and made a great effort to recover the body of the Russian pilot from the Syrian opposition, bringing it to Turkey. The organization of the pre-burial procedures was conducted in accordance with all religious and military procedures... we are ready for any initiatives to relieve the pain and severity of the damage done..."

An "official apologies, compensation payments, prosecution of responsibles" were the main part of Russian demand to Turkey. I'm not sure can we count this letter as "official apologies" though.

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • 17,133 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda

Turkish lawmakers give leader Erdogan sweeping new powers
Turkey to temporarily suspend European Convention on Human Rights after coup attempt

Turkey revokes 'Gulen-linked' tv and radio broadcast licenses
"Gülen" is Turkish for "Goldstein".

joho999

Prime Minister Binali Yildirim. "We will, one by one, cleanse the state of (Gulen's followers) and eliminate those who are trying to harm the country."
Cleanse and Eliminate. Two words you never want to hear your government saying about people.

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 7,963 posts
  • LocationLondon
Western silence on Turkey is deafening, after Amnesty confirms their worst fears

July 26th, 2016

Amnesty International is reporting that it has “gathered credible evidence” that thousands of detainees, accused of being connected to the recent failed coup attempt in Turkey, are being tortured. Yet, politicians in the West have responded with a deafening silence.

Why is this? Is the situation in Turkey somehow not as bad as the other countries we condemn for human rights abuses? Let’s consider the findings of Amnesty.

While video has appeared online showing bloodied detainees, Amnesty are focusing on the reports from “lawyers, doctors and a person on duty in a detention facility”:

Turkish police in Ankara and Istanbul are holding detainees in stress positions for up to 48 hours, denying them food, water and medical treatment, and verbally abusing and threatening them. In the worst cases some have been subjected to severe beatings and torture, including rape.

More than 10,000 people have been detained and tens of thousands more dismissed from their jobs, in what is being called a “purge” of President Erdoğan’s political opponents. Erdoğan has publicly denied this, yet he has also been quoted as saying he wants to “cleanse” public institutions and purge the movement against him “by the roots”.

Last week, he threatened to bring back the death penalty, which the EU have said would end the relationship between Turkey and the union.

The reports outlined by Amnesty are excruciating to read. They not only contain the allegations of torture, rape, and beatings, but also reports that not all detainees are being provided with medical attention.

• eacao and Yuli Ban like this

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 7,963 posts
  • LocationLondon

Turkey coup attempt: Government cancels 50,000 passports amid international concern over crackdown

The Turkish government has cancelled the passports of around 50,000 people to prevent them leaving the country as a crackdown continues following a failed coup.

Efkan Ala, the interior minister, said more than 18,000 have so far been detained over the attempt to oust President Tayyip Erdogan, while thousands of government staff are under investigation.

The purges have provoked alarm in the international community, presenting a major stumbling block for Turkey’s campaign to join the European Union.

http://www.independe...l-a7163961.html

PyroRobot

PyroRobot

Move on

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Whats next for turkey? Continued dictatorship or more instability leading to a successful coup?

I am done goodbye.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Turkey, EU, Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, totalitarianism, authoritarianism, genocide, genocide watch, Erdogan, coup, fascism

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users