Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

North Korea Watch Thread

North Korea DPRK Korea Juche communism Stalinism Orwellian 1984 China South Korea

• Please log in to reply
686 replies to this topic

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,190 posts

NK has signs of weakening in the structure. With the amount of smuggling that's probably occurring near the border and a few recent reforms, the NKer's might clamor for some sort of change. It'll be within their own view of things for the most part since all they know is their own country but it's certainly possible. It's gonna be hard getting such a rigid society and government to change.

Oh they just completed their long-range rocket pad installation. (Yonhap news)

yes i heard about that...and China is really worried..jokes apart...N.Korea is the only country that was able to counter Japanese attacks and American Imperialism. Not even Iran is able to do so.

In any case..year of prediction for the dissolution of this country?

Cody930

Cody930

An Apple Pie from Scratch

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,509 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey, US
I'm putting a rough prediction of sometimes between mid-late this decade into the 2030s the latest. Once the world starts flying past with exponentialism (which to an extend of course already is today)..I don't see how they can last any longer. And if and/or when China shrugs its shoulders and stops caring for them..that'd be probably be the last domino for them.

Edited by Cody930, 05 December 2012 - 03:21 AM.

"Since we first emerged, a few million years ago in East Africa, we have meandered our way around the planet. There are now people on every continent and the remotest islands, from pole to pole, from Mount Everest to the Dead Sea, on the ocean bottoms and even, occasionally, in residence 200 miles up - humans, like the gods of old, living in the sky."

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts
Attacking the country would put an end to the regime but then it would create tensions between the US and China and thats not the moment to do so.
Korea has also nuclear weapons and i am pretty sure they will use them if they are attacked. Freeing the country will cause lots of deaths at this time.
Famine and poverty is the real big enemy of Korea, the " Great successor" is not so authoritative and strong like his father and maybe he dosent have the same appreciation from pepole. From the few people who were able to escape, they say that corroption is growing. These are all symtoms of a regime that will collapse soon or later. A revolution may happen at some point but still i dont know in which modality. As far as I know there are no partizan movments who threaten the security like there were for the Balkans during Tito's time for example. so as for the revolution i dont know..

also it may happen that S.K and N.K will find some sort of agreement.

Anyway all this is a nice "political theater" to watch except that i feel for the people. I still dream the day to see koreans celebrating in the street firing and destroying the huge statue of kim jong un, just like it happen in Iraq.. I am sure we will see the scenes.. and there will be a lots of job for me as anthropologist lol...
a random date for all this ...2040 or 60 max.

everyone please express your opinion i would like to hear what you think.

Posted Image

Cody930

Cody930

• Moderators
  • 2,509 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey, US
Attacking for me is the absolute last thing to do. I fear a cold war II would be a stinging effect from it all. It could lead to unnecessary an arms race once again with China and even Russia since they still deal quite a lot with them (they wrote off $11 billion of their debt just 3 months ago). China's not stupid when it comes to this. Economy is their top goal but they'll easily become aggressors in this. North Korea is essentially their political buffer between them and the west.

"Since we first emerged, a few million years ago in East Africa, we have meandered our way around the planet. There are now people on every continent and the remotest islands, from pole to pole, from Mount Everest to the Dead Sea, on the ocean bottoms and even, occasionally, in residence 200 miles up - humans, like the gods of old, living in the sky."

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts

Attacking for me is the absolute last thing to do. I fear a cold war II would be a stinging effect from it all. It could lead to unnecessary an arms race once again with China and even Russia since they still deal quite a lot with them (they wrote off $11 billion of their debt just 3 months ago).

China's not stupid when it comes to this. Economy is their top goal but they'll easily become aggressors in this. North Korea is essentially their political buffer between them and the west.

yes, but i think China wouldnt screw up with NATO either. They know that they are an emerging economy and thanks because they make deals with Europe and America. Russia, I wouldnt fear them on this case.
Of course tensions would build especially in economy but i dont think a II world war would start becaue of these. i am rather scared of regional conflict in that areas and growing relations tensions between the west and China.

Cody930

Cody930

• Moderators
  • 2,509 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey, US
Of course. I should've clarified, I don't expect another World War. :p But regional conflicts can certainly occur like you said and mainly what I was aiming at was just a USSR-USA situation but in a 21st century context. The situation is pretty complex in the long-run with so many variables.
  • Italian Ufo likes this

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts
Anyway....lets enlarge and expand the disccussion...I want to hear what all the other users think about this issue..

Cody930

Cody930

• Moderators
  • 2,509 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey, US
Complementary image again of the Korean Peninsula from the new Black Marble high resolution pics via Suomi NPP. The DMZ is clearer in these.

Posted Image

Edited by Cody930, 06 December 2012 - 08:08 PM.

• Italian Ufo likes this

remateny

remateny

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Kim Jong Un will try to gradually implement a free market economy but he will lose control of it, and the country. Not saying it will happen next year, but he will be the last of the Kims to rule N. Korea. I see China stepping in to secure the country and it's resources to prevent a united Korea allied with USA from sitting directly on its border.

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts
If I heard it correcty the United States will leave the South Korean army alone next year. Hopely China will to the same thing on the other side. I think is a good step to let the two countries to become more responsible with each other without forgein pressure.

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts

Cody930

Cody930

• Moderators
  • 2,509 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey, US
In the flurry of reports just minutes ago, North Korea fired their rocket. Just went over Okinawa and is probably going to land somewhere east of the Philippines.

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts

In the flurry of reports just minutes ago, North Korea fired their rocket. Just went over Okinawa and is probably going to land somewhere east of the Philippines.

thanks for informing me...

you know what would change things...a partizan movment there.. an attempt, a bomb explosion to the N. Koran army or police, or in some of regime buildings...
then the n.koreans would start to raise their voice.

Cody930

Cody930

• Moderators
  • 2,509 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey, US
Something like that would definitely shake up society there. And..apparently a satellite went up too. NORAD is confirming this "object", as they're saying, is in orbit.
  • Italian Ufo likes this

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts
http://edition.cnn.c....html?hpt=hp_t1

If this was used for solving the food shortage issue, North Koreans would not have to worry about food for four to five years."...

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts

An intresting video I saw about N.Korea

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts

South Korean officials: North Korean rocket could hit U.S. mainland

http://edition.cnn.c...cket/index.html

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts

UPDATE: North Korea Complains About Lights After All

http://blogs.wsj.com...ont-care-about/

Cody930

Cody930

• Moderators
  • 2,509 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey, US

Some interesting discussion from the BBC a couple of days ago. South Korea's newly elected president could change things considering Lee has been pretty poor in maintaining good relations with the North. 

South Korea's Park stresses 'grave' North Korea challenge

http://www.bbc.co.uk...d-asia-20793947

• Italian Ufo likes this

Nick1984

Nick1984

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts
Is North Korea about to open up its economy?

http://edition.cnn.c...eech/index.html

"Let us bring about a radical turn in the building of an economic giant with the same spirit and mettle as were displayed in conquering space," Kim said, stressing the need to improve the standard of living of the country's malnourished population."

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: North Korea, DPRK, Korea, Juche, communism, Stalinism, Orwellian, 1984, China, South Korea

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users