Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

Seal of Approval?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

fractalfederation

fractalfederation

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Atomic Rockets does a Seal of Approval for SciFi books that do things like have radiators on their spaceships (since that is commonly overlooked). 

Does FutureTimeline.net have something similar? I would like to submit my fictional universe for review :)

Jakob

Jakob

Fenny-Eyed Slubber-Yuck

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,255 posts
  • LocationIn the Basket of Deplorables

Atomic Rockets does a Seal of Approval for SciFi books that do things like have radiators on their spaceships (since that is commonly overlooked). 

Does FutureTimeline.net have something similar? I would like to submit my fictional universe for review :)

Nothing formal, but I did something like this for another guy, and I could do it for yours.

Click 'show' to see quotes from great luminaries.

Spoiler

fractalfederation

fractalfederation

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Nothing formal, but I did something like this for another guy, and I could do it for yours.

That would be great! Link is in my signature. I did my universe before discovering this site, there are some differences but I think I got most of the gamechangers. One thing I obsessed over the most is how my fictional government came to power. I changed it like 10 times but I really like what I have now, the Futurist Movement and Jumpstart the Economy. I'm no economic master but based on my modest research, I think it could work.

Jakob

Jakob

Fenny-Eyed Slubber-Yuck

• Members
  • 5,255 posts

That would be great! Link is in my signature. I did my universe before discovering this site, there are some differences but I think I got most of the gamechangers. One thing I obsessed over the most is how my fictional government came to power. I changed it like 10 times but I really like what I have now, the Futurist Movement and Jumpstart the Economy. I'm no economic master but based on my modest research, I think it could work.

What in particular do you want reviewed? The posts, timeline, or something else?

Spoiler

Jakob

Jakob

Fenny-Eyed Slubber-Yuck

• Members
  • 5,255 posts

I'm gonna start with the posts since there's no response.

http://www.fractalfe...active-seti-ban

What, exactly, is this "Fractal Federation" and how does it magically rise to power five years from now? How does it have the authority to ban SETI? What happens if private citizens want to send messages, why should they be stopped? I can see why SETI might be dangerous, but no other part of this makes any sense.

Spoiler

fractalfederation

fractalfederation

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationUnited States

I'm gonna start with the posts since there's no response.

http://www.fractalfe...active-seti-ban

What, exactly, is this "Fractal Federation" and how does it magically rise to power five years from now? How does it have the authority to ban SETI? What happens if private citizens want to send messages, why should they be stopped? I can see why SETI might be dangerous, but no other part of this makes any sense.

The front page kind of gives you an overview.

http://www.fractalfe...ctal-federation

I talk about how it rises to power on the Futurist Movement page and there is a little more detail on Jumpstart The Economy. 

It wasn't banning all SETI, most of SETI is passive listening. It's basically against the idea of broadcasting a powerful signal (Active SETI) that could be detected by an alien civilization. Some people might want to believe that aliens would have to be "good" because they are more advance technologically. Yea, I disagree with that 100%. In my opinion, most people are influenced by their culture and culture can have any morality imaginable. If aliens are anything like us, then what culture won the culture wars on their planet is anyone's guess. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users