Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

Terrorism & Senseless Violence News & Discussions

Jihadist attack Le Campement Kangaba Bamako Mali Africa

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,959 posts
  • LocationLondon

• Zaphod, eacao and voluntaryist like this

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 7,959 posts
  • LocationLondon

Iran says London attacks 'wake up call', urges uprooting terrorism sources

Iran said on Sunday the London attacks were a "wake-up call" and urged Western states to go after ideological and financial sources of terrorism, state media reported, in a thinly veiled reference to Saudi Arabia.

Three attackers drove a van into pedestrians on London Bridge before stabbing revellers nearby on Saturday night, killing at least seven people in what Britain said was the work of Islamist militants engaged in a "new trend" of terrorism.

"Repeated blind terror attacks around the world are a wake-up call for the world community," the official Iranian news agency IRNA quoted Foreign Ministry spokesman Bahram Qasemi as saying.

"To uproot terror, it is necessary that they (Western states) address the root causes as well as the main financial and ideological sources of extremism and violence, which are clear to everyone," Qasemi was quoted as saying by Press TV.

Read more: http://uk.reuters.co...n-idUKKBN18V0NX

• Maximus likes this

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,129 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda

When you're too ultra-right wing for Fox News...

Fox News Host Disavows Internment Camps, After Panelist Suggest Rounding Up Muslims

Fox News guest and Brexit leader Nigel Farage touted the idea in the wake of Saturday’s attack in London

A Fox News host on Sunday clarified his own position on internment camps, denouncing them as “reprehensible,” after two panelists on the network suggested rounding up British Muslims in response to Saturday night’s terror attack in London.

Clayton Morris, a host of “Fox and Friends Weekend,” made the statement on behalf of the network.

“Earlier on the show, we had a couple of guests mention the word ‘internment,’ the idea of internment camps, as a possible solution to this,” he said. “I think I made it well known my feeling on that, which I find reprehensible, but on behalf of the network, I think all of us here find that reprehensible here at Fox News Channel, just to be clear.”

Nobody's gonna take my drone, I'm gonna fly miles far too high!
Nobody gonna beat my drone, it's gonna shoot into the sky!

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 7,959 posts
  • LocationLondon

CCTV footage shows moment spanish restaurant manager stops terrorists by barricading entrance

The Spanish manager of a Borough Market restaurant may have saved several lives during Saturday's attack when he blocked the door to one of the knifemen as they tried to reach people sheltering inside.

http://www.telegraph...ondon-attacker/

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 7,959 posts
  • LocationLondon

London attack: 130 imams condemn attackers and refuse to perform funeral prayer for them

More than 100 imams and religious leaders have refused to perform the traditional Islamic prayer for the London Bridge attackers.

The leaders said they would not carry out the ritual that is normally performed for every Muslim, regardless of their actions.

In a statement on social media, the group said: “Consequently, and in light of other such ethical principles which are quintessential to Islam, we will not perform the traditional Islamic funeral prayer over the perpetrators and we also urge fellow imams and religious authorities to withdraw such a privilege.

The statement added: “This is because such indefensible actions are completely at odds with the lofty teachings of Islam.”

Read more: http://www.independe...e-a7774291.html

• Maximus likes this

Maximus

Maximus

Spaceman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts
  • LocationCanada

The London Bridge and Borough Market attack on Saturday that led the British prime minister, Theresa May, to declare “enough is enough” came just 12 days after the bombing at the Manchester Arena, and about two months after a similar pedestrian rampage in the heart of London.

Most of the terrorist attacks in Western Europe in the past few years have had some link to the Islamic State. The group claimed responsibility for Saturday’s attack in London, saying it had been carried out by “a detachment of Islamic State fighters.”

Article contains a graphic depicting terror attacks in Western Europe since the Charlie Hebdo shooting in 2015. 

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done. -Peter Ustinov

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 7,959 posts
  • LocationLondon

London Bridge attack: CCTV shows fatal clash with police

Wednesday 7 June 2017 23.11 BST

The armed police officers who stopped an attack by three men in London on Saturday night came close to being stabbed themselves, dramatic new footage shows.

A video shows the attackers rushing towards the police marksmen and trying to kill them, with armed officers opening fire and shooting them dead in defence of their own lives and the lives of others.

Eight officers shot the attackers dead, minutes after the three drove into pedestrians on London Bridge and then stabbed people in Borough Market, leaving eight dead.

https://www.theguard...-and-terrorists

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 7,959 posts
  • LocationLondon

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • 17,129 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda

All 48 London Bridge attack victims who made it to hospital have survived

Every victim of the London Bridge attack who made it to hospital has survived their injuries, the Standard can reveal today.
The astonishing achievement saw medics being praised for their skill in dealing with so many critically ill patients.
21 of the 48 who were admitted to five hospitals were initially classed as "critical" and the number of lives saved is being seen as a testament to the success of London’s major trauma centre network, which ensures the most seriously ill patients get immediate world-class care.
The fact trauma doctors in the capital see so many "penetrating injuries" due to the knife crime epidemic meant they were able to put previous learning into practice, the Standard was told.

• wjfox and Alislaws like this

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 7,959 posts
  • LocationLondon

ter-we-isl-20170523.png
Credit: Datagraver

terrorism-w-europe-20170605.png
Credit: same as above chart (Datagraver)

Over the last 15 months:

kh-map-timeline-terror2.jpg?strip=all&w=
Credit: The Sun.co.uk

Maximus

Maximus

Spaceman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts
  • LocationCanada

Although the graphs do show terrorism in Western Europe in general may have been worse in the past, it's clearly on the rise again, this time in the form of Islamic terrorism. Going down the list, notice how the number of attacks grows with each year. And of course, the numbers could be way higher were it not for intelligence services (for some reason, this doesn't mention the 2006 transatlantic aircraft plot). The reason I'm saying this is because some people may interpret the graphs to mean we shouldn't worry about radicalism anymore.

• wjfox likes this
If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done. -Peter Ustinov

Water

Water

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Well it kinda makes sense to me.. we're bombing the hell out of Islamic countries for over a decade now so of course we're met with retaliation. That's how war works. It's just that this one is a pretty one sided kind.

Maximus

Maximus

Spaceman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts
  • LocationCanada

Well it kinda makes sense to me.. we're bombing the hell out of Islamic countries for over a decade now so of course we're met with retaliation. That's how war works. It's just that this one is a pretty one sided kind.

Cue the Islamic radicalism apologists...

Western interventions, such as the Iraq War, have definitely created a backlash, but the attacks started long before the West officially started bombing the "hell out of Islamic countries". You can't explain away Islamic terrorism away by pinning the blame 100% on the West. Ultraconservative and violent ideologies such as Wahhabism/Salafism, espoused by our friends and allies, the Saudis, have played a huge role in creating this ultra-violent transnational jihadi movement. But of course, blaming the victim is always much easier...

Water

Water

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Islamic radicalism apologists...

pinning the blame 100% on the West.

blaming the victim 

I was doing all that how? I literally only said it makes sense because we're at war. During war, people kill each other, mostly because the other killed to and back and forth. As for victims: it's also a war thing that innocents get killed. And it's also something we do to them and vice versa. As for one-sided.. that's just a fact no one denies. In total more innocents have been killed during our attacks than the other way around.

I'm just some random citizen. I don't have all the access to information to pinpoint who "started" it, and frankly I don't believe any modern war has a cause that simple.

What I do know is that Jihadists and the NATO were close buddies during the Cold War so even the good guys bad guys labels tend to shift all the time, depending on circumstances and common enemies and allies. I think based on all that it's perfectly reasonable what I wrote in my previous post. Best not jump to all those kinds of assumptions because of it.

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 7,959 posts
  • LocationLondon
Car 'ploughs into pedestrians outside Amsterdam Centraal station', injuring at least five

19 mins ago

A car has ploughed into pedestrians outside Amsterdam Centraal train station, police have said.

At least five people were injured in the incident, which happened around 9pm, according to local media reports.

The driver was in an unauthorised place and drove off when approached by officers, according to RTL.

He drove into pedestrians and then into a wall, before being arrested.

http://www.independe....-a7783941.html

amsterdam-crash.jpg

Time_Traveller

Time_Traveller

Master of Time Travel

• Members
  • 6,062 posts
  • LocationRepublic of Jordan, 1 January 3025 C.E.
Mali attack: Two EU staff killed at tourist resort

19 June 2017

Gunmen have stormed a tourist resort in Mali popular with Westerners and two people are dead, the country's security minister has said.

"It is a jihadist attack. Malian special forces intervened and hostages have been released," Salif Traore told AFP news agency.

"Unfortunately for the moment there are two dead, including a Franco-Gabonese."

The attack happened at luxury resort Le Campement Kangaba, east of the capital Bamako.

The minister said four assailants had been killed by security forces.

"We have recovered the bodies of two attackers who were killed," said Mr Traore, adding that they were "searching for the bodies of two others".

One of them left behind a machine gun and bottles filled with "explosive substances".

http://www.bbc.co.uk...africa-40322039

Another Jihadist attack, now in Mali. What is this world coming too?

Edited by Time_Traveller, 19 June 2017 - 04:45 PM.

I want to go ahead of Father Time with a scythe of my own.

H. G. Wells

Time_Traveller

Time_Traveller

Master of Time Travel

• Members
  • 6,062 posts
  • LocationRepublic of Jordan, 1 January 3025 C.E.
Champs Elysees: Car 'deliberately hits' police van in Paris

19 June 2017

A car deliberately hit a police van before bursting into flames in the Champs Élysées area of central Paris, police officials say.

The driver died in the incident. Police found a Kalashnikov rifle, handguns and gas bottles in the car.

Police say the situation is now under control, and neither law enforcement officers nor civilians were injured.

France is under a state of emergency after being hit by a wave of deadly terror attacks in recent years.

A policeman was shot dead and two others were wounded in an attack on the Champs Élysées in April, just days before the first round of the presidential election.

The latest incident comes a day after the end of parliamentary elections in France, which saw President Emmanuel Macron's party win a landslide majority.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...europe-40332532

I want to go ahead of Father Time with a scythe of my own.

H. G. Wells

Maximus

Maximus

Spaceman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts
  • LocationCanada

How Muslim Extremists Exploit European Liberalism

Taken all this under consideration, it is safe to argue that Islamist and Salafist organizations and preachers have exploited Britain’s liberal pluralistic policies to entrench their ideologies in a segment of the Muslim community. These Islamist and Salafist organizations are transnational missionary movements that have been active in various European capitals. Significantly, Islamists and Salafists have been successful not only in promoting their extremist ideologies but also in undermining the fealty of Muslim youth to their homelands. This absence of loyalty, coupled with the incubation of the Islamist and Salafist triumphalist ideology in the minds and hearts of Muslim youth, has emotionally and psychologically detached radicalized Muslim youth from their British non-Muslim compatriots. They became the sinful, infidel others, whose fate should be murder. What other explanation can one posit for the drivers who indiscriminately plowed their cars into innocent people along London Bridge and Nice’s Promenade des Anglais?

As Franck Salameh argued, “One ought to imagine the assaults that Voltaire, Rousseau and other eighteenth-century luminaries mounted against Christian dogma being described as ‘racism’ or ‘Christianophobia’ by their contemporaries—and their modern offspring. Indeed, it is likely that Christianity might have remained ossified, unable to evolve, had it been left to its own devices, immune from criticism.”

Trends in Extremist Violence and Terrorism in Europe through End-2016

The following report is the first of two reports that put terrorism and Islamic extremism into the broader context of all forms of terrorism and extremism, including hate crimes. It addresses a new report by Europol on the patterns in terrorism in Europe through the end of 2016. It notes that the U.S. government does not provide any similar official data on the patterns in terrorism, and that the European report is to some extent a model that the United States should follow to establish the comparative levels of risk posed by given type of terrorism, and provide some data on the effectiveness of homeland defense efforts.

It also notes that the European report shows clearly that Islamic extremism is only one form of terrorism, although Jihadist attacks in the EU in 2016 were a key source of casualties and deaths—causing 374 out of 379 casualties (99%) and 135 out of 142 fatalities (95%). They also accounted for 718 out of 1002 terrorism-related arrests (72%).

That last sentence is a bit ironic. I don't necessarily agree with how the second article is framing European Islamic radicalism as not being a major problem, but it does provide some interesting statistics.

• eacao likes this

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • 17,129 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda

I don't know how I missed these stories from a couple months back.

In one, some white nationalist degenerate rants off against Muslims and stabs two to death.

Two Killed in Portland While Trying to Stop Anti-Muslim Rant, Police Say

In the other, a Neo-Nazi converts to Islam and kills his roomies for disrespecting his Muslim faith. I'm not even kidding, this actually happened.

Man in Florida Told the Police He Killed Neo-Nazi Roommates for Disrespecting His Muslim Faith

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • 17,129 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda

With acid attacks on rise in London, physicians call for public awareness

Acid attacks are a particularly disturbing type of violence in which an attacker throws corrosive liquid onto a victim. And they’re on the rise in London in recent years — so much so that medical professionals are now issuing guidance for how bystanders can intervene to limit victims’ suffering.

That guidance, published Wednesday in the BMJ, reflects medial professionals’ increasing alarm over the attacks.

According to the Metropolitan Police in London, there were 261 acid attacks in 2015 and 454 in 2016, and the number is on pace to be even higher in 2017.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Jihadist attack, Le Campement Kangaba, Bamako, Mali, Africa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users