Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

G'day from the land down under.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

TheDoctor13

TheDoctor13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Hey everyone. I'm TheDoctor13 and I am an Aussie, fan of scifi, science, sport, history, crime drama TV shows, and forensics.

The latter of which I want to do for a job.

I am a strong conservative politics-wise (don't judge me), though for economics I am more centrist. 

Again, as mentioned in previous posts, I do not support Trump or the alt-right. 

I have an interest in most fields, though, as you can likely tell from the first sentence, I am most into science and maths.

I've only had 1 or 2 posts on these forums, but I've been browsing them for a while. I'm not sure if there is a way to see this but I made this account years back. 

Anyway, that's me. Shout out to the one or two other Aussies on this forum too. Aussie Aussie Aussie!!! (Oi Oi Oi!!!)

• Alislaws likes this

Astralator

Astralator

100 Billion Suns

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • LocationHamburg

According to your profile you’ve been here for half a year longer than me. So instead of welcome I’ll just say Kia Ora.

:D

Playing God is actually the highest expression of human nature. The urges to improve ourselves, to master our environment, [...] have been the fundamental driving forces of all of human history. Without these urges to ‘play God’, the world as we know it wouldn’t exist today.” - Ramez Naam

caltrek

caltrek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,197 posts

I am glad that you have come out from the shadows to torment us poor liberals.  Welcome anyway.

Doctor Who fan?

The principles of justice define an appropriate path between dogmatism and intolerance on the one side, and a reductionism which regards religion and morality as mere preferences on the other.   - John Rawls

Mike the average

Mike the average

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts
Gday Doc13, what got you interested in the future?
'Force always attracts men of low morality' - Einstein
'Great spirits always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds' - Einstein

TheDoctor13

TheDoctor13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

According to your profile you’ve been here for half a year longer than me. So instead of welcome I’ll just say Kia Ora.

Kia Ora.

Thats Maori (New Zealand), but still, it is fun to say. Even though people look at you like a nutcase. I'm assuming you aren't Kiwi either due to your location.

In Australia we just say "G'day". Or the globally popular "Hello".

I am glad that you have come out from the shadows to torment us poor liberals.  Welcome anyway.

Doctor Who fan?

DR WHO!!!

Ummm, yes, I am.

Gday Doc13, what got you interested in the future?

Well, I'm gonna live in it.

As I said, I am interested in just about every topic. Futurism is interesting because it is a way of seeing what my life will be like. I think I will be one of the last generations to remember life as it is now, so I like to think of how others will see there lives. Also,

SPACESHIPS!!!

because why not?

Astralator

Astralator

100 Billion Suns

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • LocationHamburg

Kia Ora.

Thats Maori (New Zealand), but still, it is fun to say. Even though people look at you like a nutcase. I'm assuming you aren't Kiwi either due to your location.

In Australia we just say "G'day". Or the globally popular "Hello".

Oh I know that. I lived in NZ for 1.5 years and recently returned to Germany.

But I couldn’t miss the opportunity to greet an Aussie with a Kiwi greeting, now could I?

Playing God is actually the highest expression of human nature. The urges to improve ourselves, to master our environment, [...] have been the fundamental driving forces of all of human history. Without these urges to ‘play God’, the world as we know it wouldn’t exist today.” - Ramez Naam

Time_Traveller

Time_Traveller

Master of Time Travel

• Members
  • 6,064 posts
  • LocationRepublic of Jordan, 1 January 3025 C.E.

Welcome TheDoctor to FT.

I want to go ahead of Father Time with a scythe of my own.

H. G. Wells

nomad

nomad

The Darkness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Welcome aboard Doc, good to have some fresh perspectives- especially a conservative one.

Cats.

Infinite

Infinite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • LocationDublin, Ireland

Gday! Glad you're aboard the FutureTimeLine frigate  :)

Is minic an fhírinne searbh.

Sciencerocks

Sciencerocks

• Members
  • 6,721 posts

Welcome!

To follow my work on tropical cyclones

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users